PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Derubael and other GM's agree something was needed for end game?

Pages : [1] 2

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Why waste all your time with the EXP bonus re-release advertising promoting all that shit if you weren't going to implement the main feature needed to allow multiple guilds to survive and PVP (Simulated Repops).

I thought it was already agreed, signed off, weekly repops etc.

We are already seeing what has happened many times before - Azrael is the only guild to hang, and sniped several Phara Dar's and many other dragons, but the ultimate trump card is just bringing the bigger guild and sitting on the dragon's spawn point (50 in phara dar room at spawn time lol) and winning.

I already see it going back to 1 guild, zerg vs zerg doesn't work - people won't get bored and stop doing this to allow other guilds to emerge, they're too addicted.

These were all discussed and explained before, if the end game is fucked the EXP bonus is counter productive and people will either join the winning guild for PVE(Azrael had many apps when Nizz was on break of this type of people) or quit, it hasn't and won't work.

Even baller mother fucker Lite crew can't go zerg vs zerg with Nihi every mob - it's gay as shit, and no other guild has came close to the success he had, why isn't this obvious.

Tassador
06-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Momma says knock you out. I'm going to knock you out.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Weren't you part of a new vibrant guild called Red Dawn that was helping new players to the server progress in a non toxic way? Didn't you then leave that guild and shit all over it, contributing to the server returning to a 1 guild system? k thx make some more variance posts now.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:24 AM
No I liked RD and wanted to stay in it, but ultimately I decided to stay with Lite.

You are being disingenuous about the circumstances of Azrael leaving also, but I won't get into the details we both know I'd give you at least 50% blame.

Regardless, a one guild PVE box seems broken to me, Azrael is irrelevant, if they were so bad and people were able to compete they would just do it themselves, but they can't (example, RD, Heresy, Holo, Force)

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Ya so basically you shat on the guild recruiting new players to box, sending them all to Nihilum, contributed nothing in terms of recruitment or the building of new players in AZ and now are surprised box is one guild again? Yaw cool story bro, see u in thurgadin.

Pretty much Az complaint is: "hi we put zero effort into recruitment, shit up the boards and ooc constantly, let everyone know who might be interested in our guild that we only care about "PVP" and won't be having scheduled weekly raids to help you progress [despite 10 hour fungi king binge groups]" but plz put in variance so we can win? Cool

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Az doesn't need to be the counter zerg to fight Nihi, that is a job no one wants including me or anyone else since release. I know you'd like to blame Lite for everything including why the box is like it is, but simply he isn't the guy that wants to build up new toons all day to bring 50 and sit on PD's spawn point to gear up his 25th recruitment wave?

I don't speak for Lite, but when Nizz was on break Lite was talking about how awful raiding all Sat/Sun was, which is what is required, regardless you sound bitter as fuck my wisdom won't penetrate that cranium.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Az doesn't need to be the counter zerg to fight Nihi, that is a job no one wants including me or anyone else since release. I know you'd like to blame Lite for everything including why the box is like it is, but simply he isn't the guy that wants to build up new toons all day to bring 50 and sit on PD's spawn point to gear up his 25th recruitment wave?

I don't speak for Lite, but when Nizz was on break Lite was talking about how awful raiding all Sat/Sun was, which is what is required, regardless you sound bitter as fuck my wisdom won't penetrate that cranium.

so pretty much: "hi we dont want to put any effort into recruiting for a MMO guild which is predicated upon recruiting, so plz change the way an emulated EQ server meant to relive 1999 style EQ is ran so we can win" ? thx

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:32 AM
No, I'd say more like "OK it's almost been 3 years and the box has been 1 guild for 90% of the time and no guilds can stay and compete, maybe this isn't working"

I don't care about the pixels or winning, like I've repeated 100 times anyone can join Nihi, even you or Twainz, Sim repops was agreed upon already by GM's in their twitch, I'm not lobbying for something that wasn't already approved and acknowledged as needed previously.

Jib
06-10-2014, 09:32 AM
current problem with the server is the playerbases fault. the players and the staff both have the power to fix this. the staff has much more power but both have the ability.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 09:34 AM
No, I'd say more like "OK it's almost been 3 years and the box has been 1 guild for 90% of the time and no guilds can stay and compete, maybe this isn't working"

I don't care about the pixels or winning, like I've repeated 100 times anyone can join Nihi, even you or Twainz, Sim repops was agreed upon already by GM's in their twitch, I'm not lobbying for something that wasn't already approved and acknowledged as needed previously.

the reason no other guild can "compete" is because the number one recruiter for Nihilum has and always will be Lite. you guys continue to scare the playerbase away and turn them into new nihilum apps. wake the fuck up u moran. there are tons of people DYING for another option [see: red dawn 80 people @ gore], so stop crying 4 rule change

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't think players could fix it, when Nizz left and Lite was the new best player on the box(sorry Lite, Nizz is sick) then Nihi stopped logging on/contesting and it was a flip sided version of the same shit box, except Azrael doing what Nihi did.

Both ways is shitty.

mikemandella
06-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Ya so basically you shat on the guild recruiting new players to box, sending them all to Nihilum, contributed nothing in terms of recruitment or the building of new players in AZ and now are surprised box is one guild again? Yaw cool story bro, see u in thurgadin.

Pretty much Az complaint is: "hi we put zero effort into recruitment, shit up the boards and ooc constantly, let everyone know who might be interested in our guild that we only care about "PVP" and won't be having scheduled weekly raids to help you progress [despite 10 hour fungi king binge groups]" but plz put in variance so we can win? Cool

Hey I am pretty sure you aligned with Nihilum inflating the zerg to the high 90's to combat 25 Azrael. Honestly, you should have kept doing your thing. A lot of us were pushing for that and an alliance/friendly pvp.

- Oppressor

Zalaerian
06-10-2014, 09:36 AM
People want to play Everquest, then get pissed they have to play Everquest

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:37 AM
the reason no other guild can "compete" is because the number one recruiter for Nihilum has and always will be Lite. you guys continue to scare the playerbase away and turn them into new nihilum apps. wake the fuck up u moran. there are tons of people DYING for another option [see: red dawn 80 people @ gore], so stop crying 4 rule change

If there was 80 people that wanted to follow you and hate Lite where is your guild, you're being delusional and making excuses for why your guild failed.

Lite and Az didn't grief RD off the box, we wanted to work with you to fight Nihi.

If it were doable I think after 3 years someone would have, you've tried twice. It's not doable.

mikemandella
06-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't think players could fix it, when Nizz left and Lite was the new best player on the box(sorry Lite, Nizz is sick) then Nihi stopped logging on/contesting and it was a flip sided version of the same shit box, except Azrael doing what Nihi did.

Both ways is shitty.

Agreed, we all wanted something to mix it up even for that short time... NOBODY was a fan of the pixel shower. The entire day being decided by one fight was really really lame.

- Oppressor

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Yeah maybe, nothing felt more like Tallon Zek than farming uncontested dragons with Nihilum every Saturday/Sunday and the 3 day's.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:42 AM
PS I logged off the uncontested Azrael pixels too, not just Nihi's.

Disgusting set-up, OK VS is dead port to EJ, OK sev is dead port to hate, ok Inny's dead port to fear, OK CT's dead port to Sro, OK Fay's dead port to OT, OK Tal's dead.

Repeat VP Sunday, OK see you all in a week. (has this ever happened on Live, I mean I don't even.)

Quiet
06-10-2014, 09:45 AM

+1

diplo
06-10-2014, 09:46 AM
The only thing that I'm particularly not fond of is super raid days. I don't think verant made it so all boss mobs to be roflstomped within 3 hours (outside of VP), but hey i'm just complaining because I don't EQ on the weekends, so another server reset would be kewl.

Weren't some raid merbs +/- 2 hours on live or am I trippin? I think over time this could spread targets out a bit more.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 09:50 AM
When VI made the game I don't think they had any of this in mind. I read somewhere they didn't even have PVP in mind but implemented it anyways which is why it was never balanced. The game is 15 years old. If it can be simplified in to 2 simple days. Much preferred. If you cant get people to log in during those 2 days, you wont be getting pixels. Adding more spawns just going to add to number of Pixels Nihilum gets.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:51 AM
I love how everyone turns it into a Nihi/Az thing because they're all so bitter, Azrael is irrelevant, if others could do it I imagine they would have.

No one stays and competes here, no one, not one, what does it matter if Lite is an asshole and lazy lawl.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Let this sink in for a second. You had a HUGE influx of new players, Azrael was the TOP GUILD ont he box getting 99% of all mobs, and you guys STILL couldnt get anyone.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Hey I am pretty sure you aligned with Nihilum inflating the zerg to the high 90's to combat 25 Azrael. Honestly, you should have kept doing your thing. A lot of us were pushing for that and an alliance/friendly pvp.

- Oppressor

You suck a dick one time and all of a sudden your gay.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:52 AM
The only thing that I'm particularly not fond of is super raid days. I don't think verant made it so all boss mobs to be roflstomped within 3 hours (outside of VP), but hey i'm just complaining because I don't EQ on the weekends, so another server reset would be kewl.

Weren't some raid merbs +/- 2 hours on live or am I trippin? I think over time this could spread targets out a bit more.

Yes I believe there was a small variance, I remember sending people to see if mobs were up, but I was like 15 and it may have been people weren't on top of it like they like they were here.

I find it highly unlikely that it was non varianced like this though, can any old PDM's or w/e confirm or deny? I know on TZ people had issues doing end game just due to the fact that no one was high enough or organized, so a lot of mobs remained up for awhile.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Let this sink in for a second. You had a HUGE influx of new players, Azrael was the TOP GUILD ont he box getting 99% of all mobs, and you guys STILL couldnt get anyone.

I don't care, why isn't there other options, even one, you're tunnel visioning your rage at Azrael, I think bigger.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Didn't Paul Mooney say that on Chapelle show once?

Zalaerian
06-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Uhh TZ was the same. PDM mass recruited in the beginning. Darkoan and jerris? Formed disconatiom. EQ has always been bring numbers. The simplexity of the lets you get warm bodies to push buttons in the right order

Sheriff
+1

STFU. No one likes you!

Gaanon
Uhh TZ was the same. PDM mass recruited in the beginning. Darkoan and jerris? Formed disconatiom. EQ has always been bring numbers. The simplexity of the lets you get warm bodies to push buttons in the right order

Darkoan was SOTG/Indignation, what? I was part of Sedition when we made Disco Darkoan or his ranger weren't a part of it.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:56 AM
STFU. No one likes you!

Quiet the only guy I've ever thought was a spy, I couldn't fathom someone being that whiny and fucking annoying unless on purpose, and I always thought he sounded slightly like Rally (his voice only, except not cool like Rally).

Genedin
06-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Not true.

They did get some people, but then they decided these new people needed to get lvl 60, resist gear, and vp keys on their own while they run around and kill Nihilum newbs in KC before they could join the "elite unit." And then these new people left.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 09:57 AM

This is true. No difference between Panda and Nihilum. Fucking cross teamers.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Personal shots at me are irrelevant and insignificant, much like Lite not wanting to do Nizzar's job.

If it were possible others would have done it, Lite is the only one to be successful and doesn't want the full time job.

Genedin
06-10-2014, 10:00 AM
I don't care, why isn't there other options, even one, you're tunnel visioning your rage at Azrael, I think bigger.

There was another option. Red Dawn. Was thriving.

GM's turn off exp bonus. Red Dawn was 90% people trying to exp up and get gear.
Many of guild's Lvl 60's banned for 2 weeks from Sektor.

You should have seen the message boards. Was an exile of people just leaving the server because it was almost as if GM's wanted RD to die.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Not true.

They did get some people, but then they decided these new people needed to get lvl 60, resist gear, and vp keys on their own while they run around and kill Nihilum newbs in KC before they could join the "elite unit." And then these new people left.

I'm not this is the whole story, but it isn't a lie.

Zalaerian
06-10-2014, 10:03 AM
And jerris ran discordia who later allied to try to stop the PDM zerg

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Personal shots at me are irrelevant and insignificant, much like Lite not wanting to do Nizzar's job.

If it were possible others would have done it, Lite is the only one to be successful and doesn't want the full time job.

Define success. Not sure where this is going?

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
And jerris ran discordia who later allied to try to stop the PDM zerg

I got bored of the panda Zerg and played vanguard for a bit before EQ 2. X-teaming killed TZ.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:06 AM
hehehe

Legit questions, not a troll. I want to help.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
I dunno what to tell you. What has Azrael done exactly in all seriousness? Lite took a crew basically gift wrapped to him back in Classic by myself and Samwise, and has added maybe 10-15 people to his "core." That's about it. I don't understand why the concept of having to recruit, level the new recruits, gear them, hold weekly raids, etc., is so shocking to people.

Why do people join Nihilum? Here are the options. Join Azrael where we won't level with you, won't help you with gear, have no scheduled raids, blow up OOC and the forums, and care more about ganking people 6v1 than leveling our new members, have people like Brainz 4 boxing Crypt to himself. OR, you can join Nihilum with 24/7 EXP groups, raids almost every single day, a group of people who rush to help you, hand you gear for free, and are generally friendly in OOC and forums. Man, I can't believe people keep joining Nihilum, it's truly shocking.

I was able to build a brand new core of players in RD 2.0 in 4 weeks. Literally all it took was 4 weeks to get around 35 people brand new to box considering themselves "RD" members. It likely could've gone higher had XP bonus not been removed completely. You had the an opportunity I never had over a month ago with RD, which was a special group EXP Bonus, decreased PVP level range, and a huge influx of new players. If I could get 35 people without any perks or freebies, I would imagine you could do so with all of that, combined with the fact you were getting all of the raid mobs! Yet what did you guys do? Spam the forums after every 50 v 20 victory over Wilan, shit up OOC, put 0 effort into recruiting, etc., etc. Now here you are crying for variance or something else.

You guys had 50 people three weeks ago. You want to know how to compete? RECRUIT. HAVE WEEKLY RAIDS. HAVE CONSTANT EXP GROUPS WORTH DKP. FARM RESIST JEWELRY FOR YOUR MEMBERS. STOP BEING TOXIC. REMOVE WORTHLESS PEOPLE LIKE BRAINZ / SICKPUPPY / CHIPP / SALEM. STOP PRETENDING TO BE A COUNTERSTRIKE GUILD ON A 1999 MMO BUILT AROUND SLAYING DRAGONS.

I won't even charge you a consultation fee on the advice cuz ur an old pal.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Actually from being in Azrael I didn't even mind Brainz or Salem. They weren't toxic in guild, usually wasn't around much and pretty much played the needed class to assist the raid. Sickpuppy and Chipp were total non-factors.

Even when Salem Corpse camps me I don't take it personal. If I had Ada Wong in my ear all day I'd wanna corpse camp people with rage too. :P

Just don't have someone with a thick enough neckbeard to compete. Checkraise could have fixed that and merged them in to a fighting force but then what? As we saw Nihilum started losing and they all but disappeared. So you'd just have Azrael sitting at the top getting pixels.

Kunark = not enough mobs to go around / too easy to clear. When Velious drops in 2017 room will appear for a 2nd tier guild to do Kael Arena, HoT, Kunark leftovers. Then Azrael or some other guild will flourish.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:16 AM
I dunno what to tell you. What has Azrael done exactly in all seriousness? Lite took a crew basically gift wrapped to him back in Classic by myself and Samwise, and has added maybe 10-15 people to his "core." That's about it. I don't understand why the concept of having to recruit, level the new recruits, gear them, hold weekly raids, etc., is so shocking to people.

Why do people join Nihilum? Here are the options. Join Azrael where we won't level with you, won't help you with gear, have no scheduled raids, blow up OOC and the forums, and care more about ganking people 6v1 than leveling our new members, have people like Brainz 4 boxing Crypt to himself. OR, you can join Nihilum with 24/7 EXP groups, raids almost every single day, a group of people who rush to help you, hand you gear for free, and are generally friendly in OOC and forums. Man, I can't believe people keep joining Nihilum, it's truly shocking.

I was able to build a brand new core of players in RD 2.0 in 4 weeks. Literally all it took was 4 weeks to get around 35 people brand new to box considering themselves "RD" members. It likely could've gone higher had XP bonus not been removed completely. You had the an opportunity I never had over a month ago with RD, which was a special group EXP Bonus, decreased PVP level range, and a huge influx of new players. If I could get 35 people without any perks or freebies, I would imagine you could do so with all of that, combined with the fact you were getting all of the raid mobs! Yet what did you guys do? Spam the forums after every 50 v 20 victory over Wilan, shit up OOC, put 0 effort into recruiting, etc., etc. Now here you are crying for variance or something else.

You guys had 50 people three weeks ago. You want to know how to compete? RECRUIT. HAVE WEEKLY RAIDS. HAVE CONSTANT EXP GROUPS WORTH DKP. FARM RESIST JEWELRY FOR YOUR MEMBERS. STOP BEING TOXIC. REMOVE WORTHLESS PEOPLE LIKE BRAINZ / SICKPUPPY / CHIPP / SALEM. STOP PRETENDING TO BE A COUNTERSTRIKE GUILD ON A 1999 MMO BUILT AROUND SLAYING DRAGONS.

I won't even charge you a consultation fee on the advice cuz ur an old pal.

I am not crying for anything, this was already approved, and is necessary(simulated repops).

Maybe Lite does suck as a guild leader(I disagree), but no one else has used your simple key to success, or even tried - I find that suspicious you'd think someone would try. Oh wait many have, Force crew, Holo, Heresy, Rd 1.0, Rd 2.0, Azrael, Plug, Classic.

Regardless I see your point and I don't think we'll ever agree, I don't believe it's possible or it would have been demonstrated after 3 years.

PS the Willan rage was epic shit.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Your best hope for two guilds is to keep doing what you're doing until Nihilum literally bursts at the seams from applicants and forms a second guild.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Actually from being in Azrael I didn't even mind Brainz or Salem. They weren't toxic in guild, usually wasn't around much and pretty much played the needed class to assist the raid. Sickpuppy and Chipp were total non-factors.

Even when Salem Corpse camps me I don't take it personal. If I had Ada Wong in my ear all day I'd wanna corpse camp people with rage too. :P

Just don't have someone with a thick enough neckbeard to compete. Checkraise could have fixed that and merged them in to a fighting force but then what? As we saw Nihilum started losing and they all but disappeared. So you'd just have Azrael sitting at the top getting pixels.

Kunark = not enough mobs to go around / too easy to clear. When Velious drops in 2017 room will appear for a 2nd tier guild to do Kael Arena, HoT, Kunark leftovers. Then Azrael or some other guild will flourish.

Maybe u aren't as dumb as you are annoying.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Your best hope for two guilds is to keep doing what you're doing until Nihilum literally bursts at the seams from applicants and forms a second guild.

Won't happen, I've been waiting 3 years - these guys like doing that, I know it's hard to understand.

Ezpk
06-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Trust that Lite isn't here solely on his own accord, there's a lot of people that stuck around to try and keep up the momentum but shit happens & things change

http://crystalscoolcollection.org/images/hulahoop/circle-of-life200x200.png

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 10:22 AM
I am not crying for anything, this was already approved, and is necessary(simulated repops).

Maybe Lite does suck as a guild leader(I disagree), but no one else has used your simple key to success, or even tried - I find that suspicious you'd think someone would try. Oh wait many have, Force crew, Holo, Heresy, Rd 1.0, Rd 2.0, Azrael, Plug, Classic.

Heresy was never griefed by Nihilum

Azrael, Plug, Classic all ate themselves (lite loot council)

Force was griefed off by Sharknado/Azrael

Holo was rogean banned

l2eq

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:25 AM

Holo was rogean banned

l2eq

I can't even really reply to you anymore my little retarded forum troll follower, but I appreciate you try so desperately to get me to reply to you.

Koota
06-10-2014, 10:25 AM
make some more variance posts now.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:26 AM

Holo was rogean banned

l2eq

Lol. Stop. I remember multiple hate raids in which Nihilum dropped on our heads and killed. Then sat on our corpses for hours. I also remember the hate spewed by Rexx toward Nihilum before he called a hate raid never showed then left the guild.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
I only complain when there is something to complain about. Not even close to the thickest neckbeard but generally the smartest person in any particular conversation, so if I am complaining about something, its being done wrong. k thx.

There's a particular irony in being called a crybaby multiple times in threads by a guild who's crying is at a level I couldn't even dream up. 10 Variance posts per week, 10 Sim repop posts, 20 posts about big bad other guild doing it better.

Wahhhh Variance, Wahhhh Sim repops, Wahhhhh Nihilum monopoly, Wahhhhhh wahhhhh. Guild Mascot = Wario.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:29 AM
I only complain when there is something to complain about. Not even close to the thickest neckbeard but generally the smartest person in any particular conversation, so if I am complaining about something, its being done wrong. k thx.

There's a particular irony in being called a crybaby multiple times in threads by a guild who's crying is at a level I couldn't even dream up. 10 Variance posts per week, 10 Sim repop posts, 20 posts about big bad other guild doing it better.

Wahhhh Variance, Wahhhh Sim repops, Wahhhhh Nihilum monopoly, Wahhhhhh wahhhhh. Guild Mascot = Wario.

FYI. HB in RD and Lite both called you a worthless crybaby multiple times to your face. Not sure why you are arguing. Just STFU for once and take the target off you.

Koota
06-10-2014, 10:30 AM

perfect.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
How can you target me when your plugged all the time? 6 times this week by my count. /shrug

Kergan
06-10-2014, 10:32 AM
I just don't understand the whining about 50+ main raid forces on a game that basically requires it when Velious comes out. We're all in semi Velious-prep mode.

You and your guild have done nothing to help the server growth yet complain that there isn't enough population to sustain a second guild capable of end game raiding.

Dacuk
06-10-2014, 10:35 AM
sheriff bringing facts to the conversation, love it. Lol @ retti claiming nihi never griefed heresy.

love quiet bragging about making people plug when the only pvp action he gets these days is waiting at bind point hoping someone pops in naked.

Sweetbaby Jesus
06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
The zerg vs zerg we had for a couple weeks about 2 months ago was some of the finest most intense pvp I've seen in my time on Red99. I agree that sim re pops would help smaller a guilds and I'm all for that but I would like to see a guild for up to actually challenge Nihilum, sure it would be rough to start but if people would just keep at it we could have some pretty epic battles for raid targets.

Koota
06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
This shit is a dead fucking horse. I don't know why anyone partakes in any of this fucking banter.

Azrael had double the numbers during the few month hiatus of the Duke. Oddly enough during this time, not ONE word about 'zerging' or any other bullshit of a monopoly (aside from boasting of their own raid kills lol) happened.

Buuuuuuuut when it's the other way around, like clockwork, thread after pathetic fucking thread talking about how much you're increasing your Kleenex stocks pops up.

You have/had the numbers to compete. But after you couldn't keep up consistently with the numbers we started turning out, it suddenly wasn't fair, and required a solution that catered to your guilds situation. And now that it's not being even fucking humored, you cry and cry and cry all over these forums.

Yall *****s need jesus and some fresh air. Fuck.

Zalaerian
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
We have 72 apps totaling 3 pages on our forums. There is still a pool to recruit from on this server

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:38 AM
How can you target me when your plugged all the time? 6 times this week by my count. /shrug

No YT did not happen. Wahhhhhhhh!

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 10:39 AM

Regardless I see your point and I don't think we'll ever agree, I don't believe it's possible or it would have been demonstrated after 3 years.

PS the Willan rage was epic shit.

Holocaust - Died due to Rogean ban + people not giving a fuck. Did not embrace my strategy as it was a group of VZTZ pals who had no interest in recruiting warm bodies to compete.

Red Dawn - Used my model, succeeded as well as it could have during double digit pop days until Lite hijacked guild

Heresy - I never saw a huge recruitment drive by Heresy, I know Lewis started randomly booting people at one point.

Azrael Plug Classic - Never did huge recruitment drive

So no, my model [which is hardly "my" model, it's common sense] hasn't been replicated on this server other than by Nihilum and my guilds. I'm not sure though again why the concept of doing recruiting drives, constant guild ran exp groups, scheduled weekly raiding, a friendly environment, written guild charter, fair loot system, etc., is somehow "strange" or "untested" tho.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:41 AM
sheriff bringing facts to the conversation, love it. Lol @ retti claiming nihi never griefed heresy.

love quiet bragging about making people plug when the only pvp action he gets these days is waiting at bind point hoping someone pops in naked.

Sheriff was def not naked, and he got steam rolled. Not as bad as I wrecked Seekn but close enough. Which only adds to hilarity since I'm awful at pvp and an awful pvp class.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Quiet is the black guy in Aliens who says "WERE ALL GONNA DIE MAN." Yaw he was right, but did it need to be said?

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Quiet was the guy who was in my grp in KC when Bangan was forced to gate by Greego or w/e rogue, then he asked where Bangan went while I was fighting him. Definitely the smartest guy in the room.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Quiet is the black guy in Aliens who says "WERE ALL GONNA DIE MAN." Yaw he was right, but did it need to be said?

Wasn't that Bill Paxton's character?

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Quiet was the guy who was in my grp in KC when Bangan was forced to gate by Greegon, then he asked where Bangan went while I was fighting him. Definitely the smartest guy in the room.

Bangan the 60 Shaman was forced to gate by Greegon the level 55 Rogue, with Ranger and Monk Help? Yet the level 60 Ranger was still there? That's just poor play.

Genedin
Wasn't that Bill Paxton's character?

yep

reported for racism

Gaanon
Holocaust - Died due to Rogean ban + people not giving a fuck. Did not embrace my strategy as it was a group of VZTZ pals who had no interest in recruiting warm bodies to compete.

Red Dawn - Used my model, succeeded as well as it could have during double digit pop days until Lite hijacked guild

Heresy - I never saw a huge recruitment drive by Heresy, I know Lewis started randomly booting people at one point.

Azrael Plug Classic - Never did huge recruitment drive

So no, my model [which is hardly "my" model, it's common sense] hasn't been replicated on this server other than by Nihilum and my guilds. I'm not sure though again why the concept of doing recruiting drives, constant guild ran exp groups, scheduled weekly raiding, a friendly environment, written guild charter, fair loot system, etc., is somehow "strange" or "untested" tho.

Dunno why RD failed, guess Az grief was too much for u guys. Lite hijacked nobody which you already know.

Koota
06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Bill Paxton is black, so, yes.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
I'd accept that comparison.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Bangan the 60 Shaman was forced to gate by Greegon the level 55 Rogue, with Ranger and Monk Help? Yet the level 60 Ranger was still there? That's just poor play.

Yes you were there staring at the wall asking what happened to our shaman as we were PVPing.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Red Dawn died because Azrael crew got their pixels and bolted, Checkraise became a lying sack of shit making deals with Nihilum which just pushed non-Azrael crew to Azrael and theres no place for a 3rd tier guild in a game that has no 3rd tier mobs.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Yes you were there staring at the wall asking what happened to our shaman as we were PVPing.

This event took place after they changed the level range to 4. I know this because Greegon has never once been in range of me ever. Idiot.
Which is why I pointed out he was 55 and a 60 shaman gated. Because he wasn't in range to be attacked... idiot.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Anyhow I'm out, keep making this about Az/Nihi, instead of asking why is there only one guild on a PVP server. (No one can compete with this ruleset)

Make a bunch of explanations, as most of you have came from failed guilds that joined Nihi, it is amusing.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:50 AM
This event took place after they changed the level range to 4. I know this because Greegon has never once been in range of me ever. Idiot.

It was Belch I was mistaken, gotta go GL Quiet. Never experienced such a scrub till you came along!

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Anyhow I'm out, keep making this about Az/Nihi, instead of asking why is there only one guild on a PVP server. (No one can compete with this ruleset)

Make a bunch of explanations, as most of you have came from failed guilds that joined Nihi, it is amusing.

Don't need to ask when we already explained why: cuz no1 else tries and when they do, Az is there to try their best to stop it.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Fact: Nihilum recruits anyone with a pulse, gears them, levels them, protects them in certain zones. Nihilum will be ready to kill Velious mobs that require a ridiculous amount of manpower, something not required now. Nihilum is very blue and has the standard number of toxic shit bags one would expect from a 15 year un policed elf sim. Nihilum has a clique core of players. Nihilum is winning raid content due to numbers.

Fact: Azrael split into two guilds. Azrael is better at pvp when prepared. Azrael has the standard number of toxic shit bags one would expect from a 15 year un policed elf sim. Azrael has a cliquey core of players. Azrael politics for an advantage. Azrael grows slower becuase it only takes in "core" players that meet "minimum requirements" Azrael is ready to snipe mobs and force pvp skirmishes. Azrael core will never join Nihilum.

The two conflicts are recruiting and mission. One likes small groups and pvp. One likes large numbers and pve. Unfortunately, Velious could be hard on Azrael if they want to compete from raid mobs. Also, the more pvp targets to fight makes it hard to contest outside of vp where numbers are limited to who has a key. Either way it comes down to what you want and what you want to be good at. You can't be both the best pve and pvp guild.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
It was Belch I was mistaken, gotta go GL Quiet. Never experienced such a scrub till you came along!

Sounds made up

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Sheriff was def not naked, and he got steam rolled. Not as bad as I wrecked Seekn but close enough. Which only adds to hilarity since I'm awful at pvp and an awful pvp class.

Got proof? Then STFU.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Fact: Nihilum recruits anyone with a pulse, gears them, levels them, protects them in certain zones. Nihilum will be ready to kill Velious mobs that require a ridiculous amount of manpower, something not required now. Nihilum is very blue and has the standard number of toxic shit bags one would expect from a 15 year un policed elf sim. Nihilum has a clique core of players. Nihilum is winning raid content due to numbers.

Fact: Azrael split into two guilds. Azrael is better at pvp when prepared. Azrael has the standard number of toxic shit bags one would expect from a 15 year un policed elf sim. Azrael has a cliquey core of players. Azrael politics for an advantage. Azrael grows slower becuase it only takes in "core" players that meet "minimum requirements" Azrael is ready to snipe mobs and force pvp skirmishes. Azrael core will never join Nihilum.

The two conflicts are recruiting and mission. One likes small groups and pvp. One likes large numbers and pve. Unfortunately, Velious could be hard on Azrael if they want to compete from raid mobs. Also, the more pvp targets to fight makes it hard to contest outside of vp where numbers are limited to who has a key. Either way it comes down to what you want and what you want to be good at. You can't be both the best pve and pvp guild.

I'm glad you wrote this. It sounds like Azrael is playing the wrong Video Game. You've basically stated "Azrael loves football, but wants to use only 3 players on their team, no pads, and remove kicking from the game." I suggest one of the MANY MMO's more PVP focused that have small guilds, and where you can instantly queue for fun and FAIR PVP action.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Red Dawn died because Azrael crew got their pixels and bolted, Checkraise became a lying sack of shit making deals with Nihilum which just pushed non-Azrael crew to Azrael and theres no place for a 3rd tier guild in a game that has no 3rd tier mobs.

1. Not sure what pixels Azrael got. And btw other than "the core" most the people that left rd for azrael are gone. 2. HB never said we wouldn't talk with Nihilum. 3. If you have 80% of your guild 50-59 and you want to play with the big boys you gotta make a deal on either side Azrael or Nihilum.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Oh god I really am leaving.

But how Azrael decides to play is irrelevant and definitely does not prevent guilds from starting/contesting !

In fact, having Azrael makes sniping mobs possible with Sim Repops, as you know first hand HB - you know who Lite and Az want to fight, they aren't worried about griefing guilds like RD off the box.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm glad you wrote this. It sounds like Azrael is playing the wrong Video Game. You've basically stated "Azrael loves football, but wants to use only 3 players on their team, no pads, and remove kicking from the game." I suggest one of the MANY MMO's more PVP focused that have small guilds, and where you can instantly queue for fun and FAIR PVP action.

I'm saying Nihilum wants to play flag football and Azrael wants to play tackle. Only difference is Azrael fields 5 nflers vrs and entire powderpuff league. Regardless play the game you want pvp or pve. It's hard to pvp when you can't trust other people in your guild and it's easy to pve when you from 50 to kill a mob that goes down to 15.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Oh god I really am leaving.

But how Azrael decides to play is irrelevant and definitely does not prevent guilds from starting/contesting !

How is it irrelevant? You essentially don't like EverQuest, so why are you here crying about changing how it is played on a project aimed at EMULATING CLASSIC EVERQUEST. Lol?

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:59 AM

Btw. Don't put words in my mouth, use your own words.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 11:00 AM
How is it irrelevant? You essentially don't like EverQuest, so why are you here crying about changing how it is played on a project aimed at EMULATING CLASSIC EVERQUEST. Lol?

If you mean emulate classic as it had the same names and character models.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 11:01 AM

HB : Players can change this place

Me : Why hasn't anyone stuck around to contest in 3 years

HB : Because of Azrael and I hate Lite

Me : UGH

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Me : Why did Nihi stop logging in when they were the underdogs and it was the same situation

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Me : Why did Nihi stop logging in when they were the underdogs and it was the same situation

......good question.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't have any of sheriff plugging, but this gives you a good idea of it.

http://i.imgur.com/dRtiTZk.jpg

:D

http://i.imgur.com/gLoCxpC.jpg

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 11:06 AM
HB : Players can change this place

Me : Why hasn't anyone stuck around to contest in 3 years

HB : Because of Azrael and I hate Lite

Me : UGH

Again, no one has attempted to lead a guild based upon my strategy.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I don't have any of sheriff plugging, but this gives you a good idea of it.

http://i.imgur.com/dRtiTZk.jpg

:D

http://i.imgur.com/gLoCxpC.jpg

You wasted your time to show what?

Quiet
06-10-2014, 11:13 AM
If you can kill a Tune, you can kill a Sheriff.

Except Mrbigs of course.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Oh I did t realize that you soloed Tune 1v1. This true? If so still no proof. So STFU.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Log in now, you know where I am. Same place I always am. :) Don't plug this time.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 11:17 AM

We pretty much contested every week and lost. We all knew the situation was temporary.

Also, for 2-3 weeks we had even number battles no matter how you'd like to spin it. Why did the self proclaimed PVP masters stop contesting after we rolled you 50 on 50 back to back weeks? That was fun, both sides were fairly respectful of each other and we had plenty of good times. Maybe we should have let you win one of those battles so you wouldn't have all gone back to whining/quitting/shitting up OOC and whatever else your cancer of a guild does when they're having a temper tantrum.

My raid attendance has dropped significantly in the last 3 weeks because you guys won't come fight us and I'm getting bored. If you didn't harbor so many toxic douchebags I might even consider leveling up an anonymous alt and helping you out.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Log in now, you know where I am. Same place I always am. :) Don't plug this time.

I'm at work, you know where people go to pay there bills. I'm prolly paying you to sit there and talk shit. You welcome.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
We pretty much contested every week and lost. We all knew the situation was temporary.

Also, for 2-3 weeks we had even number battles no matter how you'd like to spin it. Why did the self proclaimed PVP masters stop contesting after we rolled you 50 on 50 back to back weeks? That was fun, both sides were fairly respectful of each other and we had plenty of good times. Maybe we should have let you win one of those battles so you wouldn't have all gone back to whining/quitting/shitting up OOC and whatever else your cancer of a guild does when they're having a temper tantrum.

My raid attendance has dropped significantly in the last 3 weeks because you guys won't come fight us and I'm getting bored. If you didn't harbor so many toxic douchebags I might even consider leveling up an anonymous alt and helping you out.

I would suggest to be fair that there are equal numbers of "toxic douchebags" in both guilds. Also, as a casual player with a wife and kid it's hard to keep up with player all weekend. RL dies in fact get in the way sometimes. : )

Kergan
06-10-2014, 11:27 AM
I am also a casual player with a wife and a kid. I usually can only play for the really late raids on Saturdays/Sundays after they're already in bed.

And yes there are toxic dbags and both sides.

Terpuntine
06-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Sharknado is red99's path to salvation.

Genedin
06-10-2014, 11:39 AM
"Force greifed off box by Sharkando"

whhuuaaa?

lite
06-10-2014, 11:39 AM
The whole server known there isn't a single guild looking to become a Nihilum like guild. Much more interested in growing naturally and gradually through a server with the proper rule set to allow for it.

For example, Colgate kept telling us that Checkraise really wanted to join us. The guy has infinite play time and strong characters... huge neckbeard. But we would never sacrifice our principles to take someone like that into our guild. Nihilum on the other hand brought him in for the 5th time after saying they wouldn't.

Nothing against Nihilum, just some guilds want to play the game differently and still have some fun. Simulated repops will allow for that, and everyone is on board. Nothing to argue about.

Nirgon
06-10-2014, 11:43 AM
When VI made the game I don't think they had any of this in mind. I read somewhere they didn't even have PVP in mind but implemented it anyways which is why it was never balanced.

They made lots of PvP changes and opened more PvP servers.

BOTB titles were decided by PvP.

Pretty sure its something they "considered".

But I think you are just repeating something someone else said.

RZ PvP had item loot and an anti-PK/PK atmosphere with different guilds at war and quadruple this population.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
The whole server known there isn't a single guild looking to become a Nihilum like guild. Much more interested in growing naturally and gradually through a server with the proper rule set to allow for it.

For example, Colgate kept telling us that Checkraise really wanted to join us. The guy has infinite play time and strong characters... huge neckbeard. But we would never sacrifice our principles to take someone like that into our guild. Nihilum on the other hand brought him in for the 5th time after saying they wouldn't.

Nothing against Nihilum, just some guilds want to play the game differently and still have some fun. Simulated repops will allow for that, and everyone is on board. Nothing to argue about.

How has HB affected Nihilum since he paid back into the Dukes good graces?

Kergan
06-10-2014, 11:56 AM
The beard is strong with him, his true power will only become evident in Velious.

We don't just think about this weekend we think about the future of the guild and server which is why we win.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 12:18 PM

How does one grow "naturally" and "gradually" without actually recruiting and you know, doing things a guild does like guild exp groups and events? Do you think before you type? This is a MMO. Do you understand how MMO's work? There are plenty of people looking for another option on this server, but it doesn't exist, so they go to Nihilum. Holy fuck no wonder you guys keep failing.

Everything else you wrote is lol. You wouldn't have a guild if it wasn't for me putting in the time and effort on the Oppressor's in damask robes in Unrest back in the day pal. But that's your MO. Let other people do all the work for you, then cry on the forums to change the rules. Hint: in a MMO, the key to building a guild is to actually build it, aka, recruit. Sorry you didn't get the message.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 12:24 PM
The reason Azrael fails is because they cannot understand why the majority of the server doesn't share the same vision as them. They think everyone else is wrong and they are right. Instead of being happy they found enough like-minded people to have a few groups to do things with, they complain non-stop about how bad the server is and how things need to change for it to be playable. Meanwhile, the vast majority of the server is enjoying themselves with the way things are.

Combobreaker
06-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Azrael's concomitant presence going into Velious won't be anything to look forward to, they bleed numbers like that of a womans period.

Maybe there's a coincidence in there

Kergan
06-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Our guild is filled with non-factor nobodies that swarm like locusts and devour dragons like they are nothing.

Your guild full of somebodies hasn't done shit in a month.

Grats you win I guess?

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
so your guild does shit, that still makes you a nobody. This is a red server when you get some kills under your belt, then you can talk. But all you did was join a guild, that lets anyone in.

Makes you about as important as my morning shit.

http://img10.glitterfy.com/graphics/135/sitting_on_toilet.gif

think ur playing the wrong game pal. may I suggest a game where PVP matters?

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 12:59 PM
I can't even really reply to you anymore my little retarded forum troll follower, but I appreciate you try so desperately to get me to reply to you.

Dumb bad mad blue server resident

Lol. Stop. I remember multiple hate raids in which Nihilum dropped on our heads and killed. Then sat on our corpses for hours. I also remember the hate spewed by Rexx toward Nihilum before he called a hate raid never showed then left the guild.

I've been to every raid the heresy guild held. The "grief" incident you nerds are referring to was a Heresy induced train wiping us, and nilly ported 2 groups to wipe our CR. They ported out after that. Oh the grief, the humanity, how did we ever manage to go on with our lives

The most grief we ever encountered was hearing Syft in teamspeak cry constantly about how everyone had map hacks and that nothing we did could or would be secret since they had alarms hooked up to bat phones to inform nihilum whenever he crossed a zoneline

Had to tell him to stfu multiple times b4 booting him, thus leading to him being in a 1 man guild for a week until he was fully griefed off and began his multiple personality disorder on forums

I'm sorry for causing this Frankenstein

R Flair
06-10-2014, 01:02 PM

Lol. You just handed them victory on a platter if they'd listen to these wise words, but chances are they won't.

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Dumb bad mad blue server resident

I've been to every raid the heresy guild held. The "grief" incident you nerds are referring to was a Heresy induced train wiping us, and nilly ported 2 groups to wipe our CR. They ported out after that. Oh the grief, the humanity, how did we ever manage to go on with our lives

The most grief we ever encountered was hearing Syft in teamspeak cry constantly about how everyone had map hacks and that nothing we did could or would be secret since they had alarms hooked up to bat phones to inform nihilum whenever he crossed a zoneline

Had to tell him to stfu multiple times b4 booting him, thus leading to him being in a 1 man guild for a week until he was fully griefed off and began his multiple personality disorder on forums

I'm sorry for causing this Frankenstein

Nah. Nice try.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm at work, you know where people go to pay there bills. I'm prolly paying you to sit there and talk shit. You welcome.

I am also at work? I am just fortunate to be allowed to play during work. Rough being a public servant.

R Flair
06-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Fact: Azrael is better at pvp when prepared...

Strange, I spent a good portion of the last week watching r99 best of the best videos and noticed Nihilum came out on top in almost every one. I even saw 3 or 4 of the BotB won on nihilum alt characters like the wizard, druid and necro.

Fact: Azrael thinks they're better at pvp when prepared and lets everyone know it...

fixt

Pikrib
06-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Public servant so Sheriff is actually paying your bills. =)

aborted
06-10-2014, 01:19 PM
We should all just join Nihilum and forget its a pvp server.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Public servant so Sheriff is actually paying your bills. =)

If he is a living resident of the town I work for in New York then yes he is. Pudge is, he pays my bills :) I'm also in the state retirement system so anyone who pays NY taxes might be chipping in as well.

Duckwalk
06-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Yes, not classic but it would be interesting to see how anti-zerging code (scaling mobs difficulty/hp/dmg) based on number of guilded characters on hate list) would affect the guild landscape.

Or some other system which rewards multiple 30-40 mana guilds competing against themselves instead of in giant alliance.

A system that would potentially spliter large zergs into 2/3 seperate guilds allowing for alliances would make the server much more fun in my opinion.

I guess I feel like the vast majority of people have experienced dragon farming but are here regardless trying to recapture the old competition between guilds and pvp.

Non classic changes which promote classic atmosphere should be considered.

Just thinking out loud, please ignore iPhone grammar and incomplete /fragmented sentences.

hivemind
06-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Weren't you part of a new vibrant guild called Red Dawn that was helping new players to the server progress in a non toxic way? Didn't you then leave that guild and shit all over it, contributing to the server returning to a 1 guild system? k thx make some more variance posts now.

How can you say that when you are the head of a family and the third guild leader on this box? Do you have any idea the two elite boxers you were competing with ... Lite and Nizzar??? Do you think they have a family to provide for or something bro? I mean no disrespect here, to you, Lite, Nizzar, anyone... but you wanna blame everything but yourself for your guild and why it fell apart.

I've been a guild leader before, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people on this box that have as well... A guild leader leaves his guild for a number of reasons, but in the end the biggest reason is always yourself. Quit trying to blame everyone else for your guild falling apart -- simulated repops wouldn't have saved Red Dawn and they are not a good idea in general.

mikemandella
06-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Strange, I spent a good portion of the last week watching r99 best of the best videos and noticed Nihilum came out on top in almost every one. I even saw 3 or 4 of the BotB won on nihilum alt characters like the wizard, druid and necro.
fixt

Non-Nihilum BoTB winners...

Colgate - Monk
Sickpuppy - Mage
Badger - Cleric

did I miss someone?

The gear gap was massive compared to Nihilum BIS. Colgate won that thing in rags.

- Oppressor

iiNGloriouS
06-10-2014, 01:51 PM
[see: red dawn 80 people @ gore], so stop crying 4 rule change

You mean when 6 clerics all mystically got "CC chained by one lvl 53 bard"? Because I was laughing my ASS off.

Genedin
06-10-2014, 01:53 PM
You know nothing Hivemind. Showing your ignorance here would stop.

HB played just as much as Lite and Nizzar. I don't think I ever logged on day or night the dude wasn't on helping the guild out.

+4 lvl range, group exp bonus, sim repops, RD would still be going I truly believe.
It's not, its spilled milk, but you are incorrect here.

Pras the server future hopefully things continue to progress and get better.

Genedin
06-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Double post.

Was there for Gore wipe. Shed an e-tear.

Nirgon
06-10-2014, 02:07 PM
We should all just join Nihilum and forget its a pvp server.

But most still wouldn't finish their VP key or raid enough to get any loot that mattered.

Enter the red BDA.

Nothxu
06-10-2014, 02:14 PM
When Velious comes out there will be so much content variance won't really be an issue. More simulated repops would be nice though.

Stop crying stasis. How many fucking posts have you made regarding variance? Why weren't you crying about variance when Azrael was on top during the Diablo 3 break? You have the leakiest pussy on the entire box.

mikemandella
06-10-2014, 02:17 PM
He was..

- Oppressor

mrproudbeard
06-10-2014, 02:18 PM

What's really funny is when Nihi wasn't logging in Azrael was busy shitting up these forums about how they'd finally run Nihilum off the server and how great it was to be the victors.

Now Azrael is shitting up the forums because Nihilum is too big again.

The only constant this server has is that Azrael will be shitting up the forums about something.

No one wants to step up and run a guild because that person is going to be a target for this community. Look at the shit that Nizzar and Lite both get from all sides. HB gets it too solely because he was running a guild. These forums are full of posts of people making fun of every minuscule piece of real life dirt they can find on others here, and doing it for months on end over the SAME PIECE OF DIRT.

This community is completely and utterly fucked in the head. No one wants to play with you guys because you guys are assholes. Reading these forums is the advertisement for this server. It takes about 3 minutes of light reading to figure out one should just stay the hell away.

lite
06-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Stop crying stasis. How many fucking posts have you made regarding variance? Why weren't you crying about variance when Azrael was on top during the Diablo 3 break? You have the leakiest pussy on the entire box.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147027

Nothxu
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
He didn't make that post, you did.

hivemind
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
You know nothing Hivemind. Showing your ignorance here would stop.

I know that I have been here long enough to see Heartbrand offer up a dozen different reasons (excuses) why Red Dawn failed. The guy spends so much time deluding himself and blaming others for his failed guild. Basically every post he makes on these forums you can sense the immense amount of bitterness he holds, even when he isn't explicitly blaming a person or thing for being the root cause of RD's downfall (which is a rarity in itself).

Here's an idea: stop pretending to have an ounce of martyrdom in your blood. You were a guild leader once upon a time, but now you're just another squirt in the shit-bucket that is Nihilum. Time to start living in the now and stop living in your delusion-riddled memories of the past. Stop pretending you were something and you won't have the intense desire to cling onto something you never were. Red Dawn is gone, you were a failure of a guild leader, and where you stand now is a better representation of your contribution to the box than what you *think* you did months (or years?) ago.

Hey, maybe your family will be able to thank you for giving up on Red Dawn. Let me try to paint you as a martyr for being the family man that took one for the team, gave up on his hopes and dreams of being the biggest pixel Jew Norrath had ever seen in order to supply his RL family with pixels and love. Trust me, I think this delusion is an easier one to employ than the in-game martyr persona you're failing to craft currently.

Gaffin 7.0
06-10-2014, 02:28 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/29ojqf6.jpg

Quiet
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
What happen to the 50 Azrael that was logging in to contest vs Nihilum? Never seen more then 2-7 on total now. That includes adding Ensidia numbers.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 02:32 PM
When Velious comes out there will be so much content variance won't really be an issue. More simulated repops would be nice though.

Weekly Simulated Repops were agreed upon and are desperately needed is all I'm saying, the rest is just w/e.

Nothxu
06-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Velious fixes everything. Test Velious instead of wasting GMs' time with these retarded posts.

Gaanon
What's really funny is when Nihi wasn't logging in Azrael was busy shitting up these forums about how they'd finally run Nihilum off the server and how great it was to be the victors.

Now Azrael is shitting up the forums because Nihilum is too big again.

The only constant this server has is that Azrael will be shitting up the forums about something.

No one wants to step up and run a guild because that person is going to be a target for this community. Look at the shit that Nizzar and Lite both get from all sides. HB gets it too solely because he was running a guild. These forums are full of posts of people making fun of every minuscule piece of real life dirt they can find on others here, and doing it for months on end over the SAME PIECE OF DIRT.

This community is completely and utterly fucked in the head. No one wants to play with you guys because you guys are assholes. Reading these forums is the advertisement for this server. It takes about 3 minutes of light reading to figure out one should just stay the hell away.

This thread isn't Azrael/Nihilum, I don't care if Azrael is #1, I wouldn't raid anyway I didn't in Nihi, you have some form of mental illness.

Most of the fun and exciting PVP that happened and boosted pop was simulated repops, not the boring timer shit.

Quiet
Weekly Simulated Repops were agreed upon and are desperately needed is all I'm saying, the rest is just w/e.

What are you going to kill it with? 7 people?

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Azrael was able to take mobs with them before, they could again - and maybe others. Without we know what will happen.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Here perhaps some visual aids will assist. This is exactly what will happen with Simulated repops, no matter how often, what time of day.

http://i.imgur.com/hShRhWt.jpg

and heres your end result.

http://i.imgur.com/s25SKjg.jpg

Obwin
06-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Here perhaps some visual aids will assist. This is exactly what will happen with Simulated repops, no matter how often, what time of day.

http://i.imgur.com/hShRhWt.jpg

and heres your end result.

http://i.imgur.com/s25SKjg.jpg

Amazing!

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Lite made that post after the first pvp fight he won. It's nothing more than a marketing ploy to quote later and say "see I still wanted it"

Try leading an eq guild. That's how you get mobs. Not by crying for server owner to bend over backwards and cater to you.

Ames who?
06-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Why waste all your time with the EXP bonus re-release advertising promoting all that shit if you weren't going to implement the main feature needed to allow multiple guilds to survive and PVP (Simulated Repops).

I thought it was already agreed, signed off, weekly repops etc.

We are already seeing what has happened many times before - Azrael is the only guild to hang, and sniped several Phara Dar's and many other dragons, but the ultimate trump card is just bringing the bigger guild and sitting on the dragon's spawn point (50 in phara dar room at spawn time lol) and winning.

I already see it going back to 1 guild, zerg vs zerg doesn't work - people won't get bored and stop doing this to allow other guilds to emerge, they're too addicted.

These were all discussed and explained before, if the end game is fucked the EXP bonus is counter productive and people will either join the winning guild for PVE(Azrael had many apps when Nizz was on break of this type of people) or quit, it hasn't and won't work.

Even baller mother fucker Lite crew can't go zerg vs zerg with Nihi every mob - it's gay as shit, and no other guild has came close to the success he had, why isn't this obvious.

You invest entirely too much thought into everquest.

mrproudbeard
06-10-2014, 02:55 PM
This thread isn't Azrael/Nihilum, I don't care if Azrael is #1, I wouldn't raid anyway I didn't in Nihi, you have some form of mental illness.

Most of the fun and exciting PVP that happened and boosted pop was simulated repops, not the boring timer shit.

Dude, you bring up Azrael as an example in 1 post in this thread, and then when someone brings up Nihilum you try to deflect that it's not about Azrael/Nihilum. Please argue from an actual fixed stance.

Several people are trying to point out to you why there is no population explosion, why no one will step up to lead a 3rd guild, and why simulated repops will not solve this problem. You don't like the answers so you just keep ignoring them and arguing the same talking points looking for someone to agree with you.

P.S. I am not in Nihilum, sorry.

HippoNipple
06-10-2014, 02:57 PM

I remembered Nihilum not logging in for a while and it seemed like Azrael took advantage of it by coming back with a decent force. Did Nihilum really lose numbers when Azrael was getting targets or just slowly start bringing back players again after losing for a while until they out zerged Azrael once again?

Kergan
06-10-2014, 02:57 PM
I know that I have been here long enough to see Heartbrand offer up a dozen different reasons (excuses) why Red Dawn failed. The guy spends so much time deluding himself and blaming others for his failed guild. Basically every post he makes on these forums you can sense the immense amount of bitterness he holds, even when he isn't explicitly blaming a person or thing for being the root cause of RD's downfall (which is a rarity in itself).

Here's an idea: stop pretending to have an ounce of martyrdom in your blood. You were a guild leader once upon a time, but now you're just another squirt in the shit-bucket that is Nihilum. Time to start living in the now and stop living in your delusion-riddled memories of the past. Stop pretending you were something and you won't have the intense desire to cling onto something you never were. Red Dawn is gone, you were a failure of a guild leader, and where you stand now is a better representation of your contribution to the box than what you *think* you did months (or years?) ago.

Hey, maybe your family will be able to thank you for giving up on Red Dawn. Let me try to paint you as a martyr for being the family man that took one for the team, gave up on his hopes and dreams of being the biggest pixel Jew Norrath had ever seen in order to supply his RL family with pixels and love. Trust me, I think this delusion is an easier one to employ than the in-game martyr persona you're failing to craft currently.

A person with valid points and evidence to back it up doesn't need to resort to real life insults. You're nothing but an empty mouthpiece for a failed guild.

Like HB or not, agree with him or not, consider him a good leader or not, he is one of only 3 human beings on this box who has lead a guild to any measure of success in the last 2 years.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Dude, you bring up Azrael as an example in 1 post in this thread, and then when someone brings up Nihilum you try to deflect that it's not about Azrael/Nihilum. Please argue from an actual fixed stance.

Several people are trying to point out to you why there is no population explosion, why no one will step up to lead a 3rd guild, and why simulated repops will not solve this problem. You don't like the answers so you just keep ignoring them and arguing the same talking points looking for someone to agree with you.

P.S. I am not in Nihilum, sorry.

Whatever I'm usually high when I'm running my mouth anyway I'm not gona re-read all my shit to make sure I didn't contradict myself, but this is supposed to be about enabling Weekly Simulated Repops, and a bunch of other drama always ends up happening because Nihi want to turn it into a Az crying for help thing instead of help the server thing.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 03:06 PM
With simulated repops even RD got dragons, a lot of them one day when RD got Sev by responding faster, and Nihi wiped on Trak and we took advantage of that also, this will make the end game work.

Quiet
06-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Yeah... wouldn't want to do something crazy like reading.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 03:08 PM
I'd have to see all your posts again and I might want to stab myself in the fucking heart.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Whatever I'm usually high when I'm running my mouth anyway I'm not gona re-read all my shit to make sure I didn't contradict myself, but this is supposed to be about enabling Weekly Simulated Repops, and a bunch of other drama always ends up happening because Nihi want to turn it into a Az crying for help thing instead of help the server thing.

Yeah Nihilum members certainly have no reason to turn it into an "Az crying for help thing".

Even baller mother fucker Lite crew can't go zerg vs zerg with Nihi every mob - it's gay as shit

HippoNipple
06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Hivemind definitely sounds bitter for some reason. HB put in as much time and effort as anyone could ask. You seem more hateful and upset that he failed than he is and you invested nothing into the matter.

HB had a lot of forces working against him when building a guild from scratch and his experience leading that guild relates to a lot of topics on these forums. That is why you see it brought up so much. No one is taking the RD collapse personal and projecting, they are just stating their opinions.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 03:10 PM
If it were an Azrael thing, and not a fundamental server flaw, there would be other people who have had success.

NotKringe
06-10-2014, 03:11 PM
A person with valid points and evidence to back it up doesn't need to resort to real life insults. You're nothing but an empty mouthpiece for a failed guild.

Like HB or not, agree with him or not, consider him a good leader or not, he is one of only 3 human beings on this box who has lead a guild to any measure of success in the last 2 years.

Hate to disagree but that is false and your facts are incorrect.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Hate to disagree but that is false and your facts are incorrect.

I'll shorten the time frame to the last year than, as that is what I've personally observed. :)

Quiet
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Give Heartbrand 50 Azrael members and his Red Dawn strategy = Kings of the box.

Gaffin 7.0
06-10-2014, 03:14 PM
18 pages in 4 hrs nice

NotKringe
06-10-2014, 03:15 PM
I'll shorten the time frame to the last year than, as that is what I've personally observed. :)

Speaking of which where is that 45 day server reset? I have yet to see a post about this in the last year!! Server is unstable and needs this asap!

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
18 pages in 4 hrs nice

Thanks for counting and adding value to the discussion.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Hard to know what would have happened. Azrael couldn't take down Nihilum in 50v50 combat no real reason to think RD would have either. I think they would have enjoyed the game while still losing though, and would have made progress instead of curling up in the fetal position immediately.

I am 100% in favor of a multiple guild box. I was very supportive of laying off RD, rezzing them back after PVP wipes, etc. I wanted them badly to succeed, but in the end it wasn't in the cards. Azrael on the other hand is bad for the server and anything that crushes them into oblivion so the box can be reborn pure is good in my eyes.

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
No wonder server so buggy

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Hard to know what would have happened. Azrael couldn't take down Nihilum in 50v50 combat no real reason to think RD would have either. I think they would have enjoyed the game while still losing though, and would have made progress instead of curling up in the fetal position immediately.

I am 100% in favor of a multiple guild box. I was very supportive of laying off RD, rezzing them back after PVP wipes, etc. I wanted them badly to succeed, but in the end it wasn't in the cards. Azrael on the other hand is bad for the server and anything that crushes them into oblivion so the box can be reborn pure is good in my eyes.

Yes you don't sound like a crazy person.

BeautBabeC
06-10-2014, 03:19 PM
No one has the time or will to lead a guild, and the people that do are to elite to bother (Az crew) or not good enough to bother (the 72 Nihilum apps)

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Crazy like a fox.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 03:21 PM
We had a trial Sim Repop month - and it worked great, mobs went outside Nihi and Azrael was the strongest I have ever seen it, we even had RD briefly a third guild.

NotKringe
06-10-2014, 03:24 PM
The community is small for us to pull from to begin with. The people who can organize and lead have pretty much left due to server inconsistencies. Gms making decisions based on how they feel at that moment. Nihilum is already a well oiled machine per se, No one wants to invest the time to organize anymore because you never know what the rule is going to be 2months from now and that is something people are simply not willing to gamble on. So this ongoing bitching about several guilds will never happen, unless someone already established in the community decides (after a few month hiatus) that there simply aren't any other decent mmos out there currently and lets log back in to toons we already have geared/leveled up and fuck around for another 3-4months.
Hence the never ending cycle the server has seen for 2 years now.

BeautBabeC
06-10-2014, 03:24 PM
I am 100% in favor of a multiple guild box. I was very supportive of laying off RD, rezzing them back after PVP wipes, etc. I wanted them badly to succeed, but in the end it wasn't in the cards. .'

All Nihi members support another guild & want pvp. Will you do it? Fuck no! Naw pick those guys, they can!

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Azrael elite lol

Elite private tunnel maybe

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Like I've said a bunch of times, the best bet for a multiple guild server is for everyone to apply Nihilum until we explode into multiple pieces from sheer size.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
The community is small for us to pull from to begin with. The people who can organize and lead have pretty much left due to server inconsistencies. Gms making decisions based on how they feel at that moment. Nihilum is already a well oiled machine per se, No one wants to invest the time to organize anymore because you never know what the rule is going to be 2months from now and that is something people are simply not willing to gamble on. So this ongoing bitching about several guilds will never happen, unless someone already established in the community decides (after a few month hiatus) that there simply aren't any other decent mmos out there currently and lets log back in to toons we already have geared/leveled up and fuck around for another 3-4months.
Hence the never ending cycle the server has seen for 2 years now.

I've heard you've lead a guild or two in your time, why not give it a go?

Colgate
06-10-2014, 03:35 PM
server sucks dick

nothing the community does can fix the damage done by the staff here

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Kergan is like Push was when he first rolled his bubble out onto the front lawn and felt sunrays beating against his plastic enclosure for the very first time.

The world is new and exciting, but he doesn't know why everyone else is bitter and not as enthusiastic.

This is why we love them.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I just don't understand it!

Colgate
06-10-2014, 03:37 PM

last time kringe lead a guild on red99, nihilum didn't get a single raid mob for 2 weeks straight because we had a mostly euro/vampirehour crew, pushed spawn timers into our primetime, and the server was reset the very next day on three occasions, with one of them being rogean broadcasting that the server had been up for 42 days straight and "needed" to be reset, despite the fact that the server was up for like 6 months at a time in classic

we have yet to see this mandatory 42 day reset happen since then

Gaffin 7.0
06-10-2014, 03:39 PM
kringe is a prophet

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:40 PM
You know why the staff isn't as corrupt as people think?

Because everyone thinks the staff is shitting on them and helping everyone else.

Obwin
06-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Don't know why anyone is crazy enough to lead a third faction on this server but I am thankful to the people who have tried. FWIW Red Dawn success had nothing to do with simulated repops. They were well on their way before the repop announcement. The "nerf" to exp and the constant flack for "hugging nuts" is what finally did them in. See no reason why anyone would try so hard only to get so much shit thrown in their face. If another guild makes it out of the low 50s people would be smart to not immediately judge and let them make/break their own alliances until they are strong enough swim on their own.

I loved this server, just can't seem to find a home, I'm sure many current / former players feel the same. Guess I can always stand in the loot queue on blue, at least there are people to talk to who aren't texting me pictures of their dick on a daily basis.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:41 PM
last time kringe lead a guild on red99, nihilum didn't get a single raid mob for 2 weeks straight because we had a mostly euro/vampirehour crew, pushed spawn timers into our primetime, and the server was reset the very next day on three occasions, with one of them being rogean broadcasting that the server had been up for 42 days straight and "needed" to be reset, despite the fact that the server was up for like 6 months at a time in classic

we have yet to see this mandatory 42 day reset happen since then

So he can come back and force server restarts? He would be a champion of the people.

Colgate
06-10-2014, 03:42 PM
You know why the staff isn't as corrupt as people think?

Because everyone thinks the staff is shitting on them and helping everyone else.

yeah, the staff really isn't corrupt, what with the holocaust ban, amelinda accepting money under the table, nihilum having a developer in their guild making changes to benefit his guild, resetting the server three times in two weeks the day after we spend 12 hours pushing spawn timers to 3 AM, etc.

NotKringe
06-10-2014, 03:44 PM

I am burnt on leading... Been leading for 15 years now all the way back to Ascending Dawn in its first inception.. I dont flip flop guilds. When I commit to something that's it, I am here for the long haul.For once I want to be the player and not have the responsibilities of leading a day to day operation, which I give Nizzar and Tune credit for.. We may pop back In if Velious gets released.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Yet, I'm sure any random Nihilum member who has been around for at least 6 months could list out just as many things that would point towards the staff favoring Azrael and hating Nihilum.

Face it, we're all shit on equally. :)

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:46 PM
I am burnt on leading... Been leading for 15 years now all the way back to Ascending Dawn in its first inception.. I dont flip flop guilds. When I commit to something that's it, I am here for the long haul.For once I want to be the player and not have the responsibilities of leading a day to day operation, which I give Nizzar and Tune credit for.. We may pop back In if Velious gets released.

Playing with an old school RZ crew sounds pretty fun. I shoulda came over and tried one of those devnoob boxes.

I wish I still had my 1999 screenshots, might even have a Rigamortiz killshot in there somewhere.

Colgate
06-10-2014, 03:46 PM
you mean like ender getting banned 100x for being a colossal piece of shit and constantly breaking rules?

you are either insane or trolling if you think the staff isn't horribly corrupt in favor of nihilum

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm saying you see it from your point of view, and Nihilum people see it differently.

Genedin
06-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Is that kind of like..... when you everyone says you are crazy, but you think everyone else is crazy.....

Kergan
06-10-2014, 03:55 PM
No it's more like when everyone thinks everyone else is crazy, and they are right.

Colgate
06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
yeah man having a developer in your guild certainly isn't corrupt at all

Kergan
06-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Not saying I know everything or hear everything, but the only comments I've ever heard regarding developer status was a lot of bitching when the protector changes in OS wiped us at Trak. I know with 100% certainty we weren't warned on that one.

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but you're overlooking what was really, truly the straw that broke Heartbrand's RD back. Heartbrand was fishing for a better loot offer/alliance and was bidding out loyalty to Azrael trying to keep RD afloat and carelessly he discussed it in game while on one of his characters for Lite to screenshot it. Then Lite posted the humiliating reality on the forums and Heartbrand basically gave up over night.

The sad reality is that the people who are now trying to formulate a Red Dawn-esque guild were some of the most vocal against RD's efforts to politically survive and play a legitimate 'third' faction. Hopefully folks can learn from the RD formula, probably too little too late, but straight raid opposition against Nihilum has failed since the server's inception and will most likely continue to do so on such a small pop server.

Nobody is going to create an equally large and equally dedicated raid force while maintaining any semblance of 'recruitment' on this server from this player base. The attrition is too high and Nihilum is too big a lure for newer players.

While it is true that, that was the final straw, the guild was already on life support at that point with the exp removal, GM's basically making posts saying "hahah exp is gr8 stfu", and Azrael doing their best to shit on RD 24/7 while working our members constantly [rexx was about to jump ship, Xant wanted to, Dacuk wanted to], etc.

Gaffin 7.0
06-10-2014, 04:16 PM
why not just remake red dawn shrug

Genedin
06-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Pixel Frenzy

Genedin
06-10-2014, 04:18 PM
God damn that would be a great name for a band/dj

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
why not just remake red dawn shrug

1) time to do so would have been when GM's put in changes
2) majority of core is happy in Nihilum now
3) RL too busy
4) leading a guild on red99 is a thankless job see: smedy taking website etc.
5) playing with my pals in nilly u feelers?

Hitmonlee
06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Wipe it

http://beartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/9-30-12-Bearman-Cartoon-Happiness-is-a-Clean-Wipe.png

Drakaris
06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
you mean like ender getting banned 100x for being a colossal piece of shit and constantly breaking rules?

you are either insane or trolling if you think the staff isn't horribly corrupt in favor of nihilum

Still spreading hate I see. Stop living in the past. Remember when the gms despawned mobs in vp, rezed your clerics and made a big sorry post because of the backlash? That's more recent than any of your shitty posts and was quite an outrage. How about tune being suspended for 2 months for attacking someone in mass pvp?

Stop preaching your 1 sided stories and hate. You're not doing the server or the community any favours by flooding the forums with toxicity.

Nirgon
06-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Grandmaster flashin' his pearly whites @ u tho

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 06:36 PM

I haven't gotten through the whole thread yet, because I wanted to stop on this point.

Azrael are being the disingenuous ones.

You guys have to stop projecting that you're the only option against Nihilum and let a 3rd guild work itself out. Don't shit all over a guild if it ends up working with Nihilum to better stand alone in the future, and don't try to poach members you ultimately don't want.

Red Dawn, at least from my point of view as an officer, wasn't going to be merging with Nihilum at any point, or even going to be friends with them after all the help. And I think even from their point of view, they liked having a third guild present to contest against shit. It certainly made the tension/ outcome more dynamic. I liked it more, personally. You guys went full retard on the boards and in ooc (just like you do now, as you always have at any point in time on the server) and called us nuthuggers, scumbags, etc etc.

The point of it all from our perspective was to become a force of well geared mains as quickly as possible for the release of Velious so that we wouldn't have something like we do now. You guys knew deep down that all our good or knowledgeable players would go Nihilum if the guild crumbled, and yet you actively sought it out after we began working with Nihilum. Yes, we helped them destroy you guys on several occasions. And we were rewarded quite handsomely (not me personally).

You act like we were just in it for the loot, but the reality is that a good majority of us left that guild down hundreds of thousands of plat, countless hours wasted or spent on players who quit or clearly didn't/ don't appreciate it, and a bunch of loot given away to players for nothing but grief. I joined that guild BiS pre-VP, and I left it the exact same way. Plenty of others can tell you the exact same thing.

Several things prevented us from moving forward, though, including (and this is Lite's and Heartbrand's bad) posting logs of Heartbrand trying to play both sides. Lite's intention was to hurt the guild. I guess he wanted all of our players (and now, strangely, doesn't), or he just misinterpreted what we were doing with Nihilum and wanted us dead. I don't really know. Heartbrand over-extended and got caught, terminating any agreements that we previously had. He admittedly knows this. He fucked up... bad.

But we were still on our way to a three guild thing before all of that happened.

Keep this is mind, though: if Azrael is not the guild to use numbers in order to contest (especially come Velious), then step the fuck back and let someone else who's willing do it. Be your little hit squad all you want, but don't brand yourselves as the premiere guild to contest when you aren't or simply can't do it.

lite
06-10-2014, 06:52 PM
I haven't gotten through the whole thread yet, because I wanted to stop on this point.

You guys have to stop projecting that you're the only option against Nihilum and let a 3rd guild work itself out. Don't shit all over a guild if it ends up working with Nihilum to better stand alone in the future, and don't try to poach members you ultimately don't want.

Red Dawn, at least from my point of view as an officer, wasn't going to be merging with Nihilum at any point, or even going to be friends with them after all the help. And I think even from their point of view, they liked having a third guild present to contest against shit. It certainly made the tension/ outcome more dynamic. I liked it more, personally. You guys went full retard on the boards and in ooc (just like you do now, as you always have at any point in time on the server) and called us nuthuggers, scumbags, etc etc.

The point of it all from our perspective was to become a force of well geared mains as quickly as possible for the release of Velious so that we wouldn't have something like we do now. You guys knew deep down that all our good or knowledgeable players would go Nihilum if the guild crumbled, and yet you actively sought it out after we began working with Nihilum. Yes, we helped them destroy you guys on several occasions. And we were rewarded quite handsomely (not me personally).

You act like we were just in it for the loot, but the reality is that a good majority of us left that guild down hundreds of thousands of plat, countless hours wasted or spent on players who quit or clearly didn't/ don't appreciate it, and a bunch of loot given away to players for nothing but grief. I joined that guild BiS pre-VP, and I left it the exact same way. Plenty of others can tell you the exact same thing.

Several things prevented us from moving forward, though, including (and this is Lite's and Heartbrand's bad) posting logs of Heartbrand trying to play both sides. Lite's intention was to hurt the guild. I guess he wanted all of our players (and now, strangely, doesn't), or he just misinterpreted what we were doing with Nihilum and wanted us dead. I don't really know. Heartbrand over-extended and got caught, terminating any agreements that we previously had. He admittedly knows this. He fucked up... bad.

But we were still on our way to a three guild thing before all of that happened.

Keep this is mind, though: if Azrael is not the guild to use numbers in order to contest (especially come Velious), then step the fuck back and let someone else who's willing do it. Be your little hit squad all you want, but don't brand yourselves as the premiere guild to contest when you aren't or simply can't do it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/12170aab794d4199a386a126abf14522/tumblr_mtpso2pOUE1shng6po1_400.gif

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Good read I actually read Buhbuh

Lite trying to reuse that gif pathetically and it's lost all its oomph

heartbrand
06-10-2014, 07:05 PM

Great post. Yes, the discussion with lite was a fuck up. I still slightly defend myself only in the respect that it was basically over at that point anyway. Cyren great guy and would gladly lead with him in any other game or server again.

lite
06-10-2014, 07:08 PM
that trak snipe thanks to the jew. ..nothing will be that satisfying

Dullah
06-10-2014, 07:10 PM

See your butthurt still hasn't healed. Can barely go a week without mentioning my name.

Not that it needs to be defended again for the 100th time, but all my characters were banned for 1 infraction, deleting the character of a player known for rmt (with evidence), character thievery, character deletion, and item stripping who publicly admitted to doing so while passing out personal information of our entire guild on the internet. It wasn't nice of me to delete his character, but seeing as how the public stance of GMs regarding his actions was one of complete indifference on all charges, I did what I thought was best for everyone.

Since then I was arbitrarily suspended for a PnP rule that has since been changed and most of my accounts are active, though I have no desire to play here.

Its gonna be ok little Colgate, you'll be a big boy one day.

http://i.imgur.com/FjvQ63Q.png

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 07:14 PM
A lot of TLDR here. Altering server rules will do nothing. It is up the playerbase to fix this shit. If everyone wants to join one guild for easier pixels then that is what is going to happen. Server will work itself out or it will die. Let it go.

More competition on blue and they can't even compete for mobs. Shits so backwards its like bizarro world on this emu.

Nirgon
06-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Who lost the most months /played of RL time that got banned?

Glad I'm not on dat list.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 07:17 PM

What the fuck is all this shit and what does it have to do with simulated repops anyone able to read it for me.

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 07:55 PM
What the fuck is all this shit and what does it have to do with simulated repops anyone able to read it for me.

It's the long version of:

You're bitching like a child for more competition while being complicit in dismantling it.

^ This is literally what a GM would say to you, and will continue to say to you.

Stop being a faggot and shut the fuck up already.

Kasyra
06-10-2014, 07:55 PM

love how he tries to ignore the fact that Azrael had sektorzz, known and admitted RMTer in their ranks yet they still somehow retain their integrity.

Really tough finding that moral high ground when we're all standing in the mud, eh?

Bamz4l
06-10-2014, 08:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vqczuc3.jpg

Colgate
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
yaw a whole lot of essays written here by people who are far too invested/emotional about a dead server for a 15 year old elf simulator that the staff gives 0 fucks about

chortling hard here

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vqczuc3.jpg

grown ups call these "tactics".

but let's make server changes because those exist and the opposition is too inept to combat them

great idea

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 08:09 PM
+ sign usually means additional

add that to the English words "has" and "more" i.e. "has 1/3+ more" and you may go beyond 2nd grade reading level

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:10 PM
former opposition who failed calling current opposition inept.

not sure if serious.

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 08:11 PM
if your calling azrael current opposition

not sure if serious

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I was just assuming that's who he was referring too. I'll admit I've been away and have no idea what's going on but this Buddah guy has a lot to say about something he failed to do. Maybe he's like the step dad on This Boy's Life. He knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 08:14 PM
i was never opposition in any real sense and knew quite well

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 08:16 PM
I was just assuming that's who he was referring too. I'll admit I've been away and have no idea what's going on but this Buddah guy has a lot to say about something he failed to do. Maybe he's like the step dad on This Boy's Life. He knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

?

if u dont kno then u shouldnt speak

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:18 PM
i was never opposition in any real sense and knew quite well

So you are like a backseat driver without a licence?

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:19 PM
?

if u dont kno then u shouldnt speak

enlighten me, who is he talking about if not Azrael?

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 08:20 PM
yes. that's not a vague metaphor at all

good job

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:23 PM
made sense to me. /shrug

I did suffer a major concussion in a far away land long ago so my brain is a little scrambled. Cut me some slack.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 08:24 PM
It's the long version of:

You're bitching like a child for more competition while being complicit in dismantling it.

^ This is literally what a GM would say to you, and will continue to say to you.

Stop being a faggot and shut the fuck up already.

What does this have to do with me questioning why a GM implemented idea isn't working or being talked about.

You fucking clowns are hilarious, stop bleeding from your ass. This rule set allows for 1 guild, all of you furiously mashing your keys to keep it a 1 guild PVE box is laughable.

But it doesn't surprise me, Sharknado always were lil bitches even since Force lolol.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 08:26 PM
made sense to me. /shrug

I did suffer a major concussion in a far away land long ago so my brain is a little scrambled. Cut me some slack.

It's the best part of these threads, I get shit talked by Rexx, Cyren, Agatha, Retti, and Heartbrand to suck it up as they are all former guild leaders/officers that bitched out and joined Nihi, and now say that it's easy to compete just do XXX.

When they all sucked hard.

Laugh, out, loud.

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 08:29 PM
bitched out to play blue, sold all red items

stasis the hasbeen

mikemandella
06-10-2014, 08:31 PM
grown ups call these "tactics".

but let's make server changes because those exist and the opposition is too inept to combat them

great idea

Who else is there to recruit? The problem is there is a limited pool of players. Also all your points about build x guild this way or do this.. are completely null.. your opinion means nothing. You and your pals tucked tail and ran the first chance you got. Grats.

- Oppressor

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 08:32 PM
aw, look at the poor guy.

can't even comprehend what he's reading.

also did not realize having to stay underdog gave me the credence to comment on what makes a good server.

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Sad part is blue has 20x the guilds and competition with only 5x the population. It would make sense for bluebies to zerg but they dont. They create guilds and stick with them. There are guilds out there who have stood the test of time and have yet to receive any dragon loots. I am ashamed to say that its those blue players that red needs. Not the instant gratification ones that are currently plaguing the server.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Oh you just took this as an opportunity to insult and condescend, wonder who would be the smarter man if you spoke with Quiet, two retarded arrogant clowns.

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Sad part is blue has 20x the guilds and competition .................................................. .................................................. ..............

stopped reading

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:45 PM
stopped reading

i would have too, noone got time for dat.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Sad part is blue has 20x the guilds and competition with only 5x the population. It would make sense for bluebies to zerg but they dont. They create guilds and stick with them. There are guilds out there who have stood the test of time and have yet to receive any dragon loots. I am ashamed to say that its those blue players that red needs. Not the instant gratification ones that are currently plaguing the server.

That is probably the most flawed analogy I've ever heard on these forums.

Put in a forced raid rotation here and watch guilds pop up all over the fucking place. There is incentive to form new guilds on blue because as soon as you can qualify as a tier A or whatever guild you get added to the rotation. Nihilum alone could probably make up 3 top tier guilds.

Colgate
06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
laughing real hard at some of you people

SamwiseRed
06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
even before the rotation there were way guilds per player than red on blue. more people want to earn their shit instead of just app to one guild.

Nirgon
06-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Those guilds existed before the raid changes on blue but go on

Kergan
06-10-2014, 08:53 PM
That's because they had FTE, same difference. I can roll into Trak with 20 people against an 80 man zerg and if my spear hits that shit first it's my mob. Blue server dumb as hell.

Kergan
06-10-2014, 08:54 PM
laughing real hard at some of you people

Which ones?

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Oh you just took this as an opportunity to insult and condescend, wonder who would be the smarter man if you spoke with Quiet, two retarded arrogant clowns.

generally when i do that it's because i don't think anyone else has anything rational left to say, so i allow myself to live outside my norm.

it's especially true in this case because nobody gives a shit about your biased, shitty qualms with the server

and you don't matter

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Yes my personal biased qualm, oh wait nvm it was a GM implemented idea, which is great BTW.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 09:05 PM
3K views in one day says otherwise BTW.

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 09:12 PM
oh i didn't realize the amount of views in a thread directly correlated with how unbiased and measured the content within it is.

BeautBabeC
06-10-2014, 09:14 PM
True Kergan, Nihi does have enough for 3 raid forces. Better to line up for ur pixels though instead of pvpin eachother though right. Recruit everyone wether u like em or not

Kergan
06-10-2014, 09:17 PM
It is the feeling of our leadership if we deny people the chance to participate they will simply quit the server rather than join Azrael or try to make a new guild. We do it for the love of the box.

BeautBabeC
06-10-2014, 09:21 PM
It is the feeling of our leadership if we deny people the chance to participate they will simply quit the server rather than join Azrael or try to make a new guild. We do it for the love of the box.

o okay makes sense. 1 thing though why did they CC other guilds off the box?

Mac Drettj
06-10-2014, 09:26 PM
3K views in one day says otherwise BTW.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 252
User Name Posts
Gaanon 41

Kergan
06-10-2014, 09:28 PM
o okay makes sense. 1 thing though why did they CC other guilds off the box?

You aint tuff enough to play here if getting CC'd makes you quit.

BeautBabeC
06-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Been playing here a lot longer then you. Never had to run to the biggest guild on the box though. wut=]

BeautBabeC
06-10-2014, 10:08 PM
30v10 CCing exercises on a 60 player box. You aint tuff enough !

r u the fuckin Hulkster bro

Gaffin 7.0
06-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 252
User Name Posts
Gaanon 41

yikes kill urself

Sheriff
06-10-2014, 10:23 PM
yikes kill urself

They teach you to talk like this in rehab bro?

Gaffin 7.0
06-10-2014, 10:28 PM
you got a problem dawg? 2nd time you quoted me hatin like a mad homo

Buhbuh
06-10-2014, 10:28 PM

you brought up a topic and listed why it doesn't work on this server, specifically citing nihilum and lite's unwillingness to be another large guild like them as potential reasons.

my question is: how exactly are people supposed to extricate this topic of simulated repop from the current server dynamic when you're presenting it to them with both of those things conflated as one subject?

i'm not really sure why people have such a hard time with this.

"because it creates competition"

How?

"because Nihilum can't be everywhere at once"

if you want to argue for something that's for the good of the server, then you need to stop citing those guilds you're so fond of not citing; you need to stop mentioning what they've done to the server, what they're capable of, what abilities they have as leaders, as well as your history of the guilds in your arguments.

I could go into more depth about the ways you're doing exactly that, but i'm lazy and don't want to find the quotes.

you could just be honest with yourselves and say it is about the guilds on the server, and that no one has stood a chance against Nihilum in the server's history, and that they've had a strangle hold on most of the content for the better part of three years. you can say you think it should be harder for Nihilum to control everything.

you could say all of those things and cite them as reasons for simulated repop. but you're now making it about the current server dynamic, and specifically directed toward and tailored for opposing that dominant guild.

Gaanon
06-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Are you for real kid get the fuck out of here.