PDA

View Full Version : Spells Outdated - Velious Beta

mcpw
06-08-2014, 06:50 PM
I still have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I have 2 directories. Project 1999 and Project 1999 beta.

I have installed the beta files numerous times into the Project 1999 Beta folder and it still says my spells file is outdated.

mcpw
06-08-2014, 09:18 PM
i herp derped.

downloaded the beta patch files. was still installing the P99.rar instead of P99-beta.rar

:( sorry for the thread lol

AlBQuirky
03-21-2015, 04:04 AM
I'm sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I am very late to this party.

Where are the beta installation guides and files? I would like to try out the Vellious beta, but do not find anything on the front page, nor when I search the forums for installation of the Vellious beta. I realize I am missing something. Is it an invite only thing? I see that otgher players are doing just fine, so it must be incompetence :)

I see the OP talked about 2 directories. Do I need another Titanium "fresh install" or can I copy my usual folder to a new directory?

Thulack
03-21-2015, 10:12 AM
At one point beta used different files. Think beta now using same files as blue/red though so you should just be able to log right into beta server.

AlBQuirky
03-21-2015, 05:37 PM
I did try that and got the "error spell" message. I am using version 36 (P99 Files 36) for my data.

Thulack
03-21-2015, 05:47 PM
I did try that and got the "error spell" message. I am using version 36 (P99 Files 36) for my data.

Worked for me just trying to log onto beta without downloading any different files. Sorry short of reinstalling i wouldnt know what to suggest to you.

AlBQuirky
03-21-2015, 08:44 PM
I'll give it another go, then. When I first logged onto the usual server, none of my characters showed up. After trying the Beta server and failing, I went back to the Blue server and they were there. Maybe something just did not click :)

AlBQuirky
03-21-2015, 08:49 PM
OK. Just tried again and this is what happens.

I get to the character select screen just fine. However, I am not presented with the ability to create one. I can "explore", "rotate", or "enter world." I can click on all of the character slots, but nothing changes.

Ele
03-21-2015, 10:06 PM
You have to copy your character to beta first. Use the /beta command twice on blue or red and it will copy your character to beta. You can not make fresh characters on the beta server.

With the beta buff gnome in NRo you can copy over any level 1 you make and get instant level 60 and near best in slot.

AlBQuirky
03-22-2015, 03:39 AM
D'oh! Thanks :)