PDA

View Full Version : Help

Telesforo
06-08-2014, 08:51 AM
I am totally desperate. Yes, my computer knowledge is very low.

Some time ago I had problems with my chat in the game. Didnt work. So I took some time. When I came back I coulndt play. My spells file was outdated.

I tried everything. Nothing worked.

At the end I did what I dont like to do. I erased everything and reinstalled Titanium.

Launch Titanium doesnt work. Says it doesnt find the eqgame.exe.

So I launched the game from the eqgame.exe directly. Ok. I entered the P1999 server. But again, spells file was outdated. I read a lot in the forums and erased the four files related and copied from P99files32 again in the eq folder. And now I am at this point, with no idea what to do.

Now it says You are missing client files

it also says to find the last EQCHanges file, but I dont understand. That file is not the P99files32???

Could you be so kind to help me, please?

Thans a lot

Beldon
06-09-2014, 10:42 AM
What Operating System are you running? What directory did you install the game to?

Try installing it to just the C: drive. Then delete the 5 files from C:\Everquest directory. Then unzip the patch files to that directory.

Run the "Launch_Titanium" batch file.

In some cases, I have heard right clicking the eqgame.exe and running it as administrator or in compatibility mode has worked.

India
06-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Did you download and install the latest updates found here?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140577

myriverse
06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Just because it tells you a file is outdated or missing doesn't mean it is. This is really just a default message the game gives whenever it cannot locate a file, often due to a poor connection.

P99Files32 is the most recent.

And yes, I think it's better to run the eqgame.exe file directly (through a desktop shortcut, with patchme added to the target), rather than go through a batch file.

phacemeltar
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
heres whats in the target box on my shortcut for p99:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "EQGAME" /low /affinity 1 "F:\EQLite\eqgame.exe" patchme

Savok
06-09-2014, 12:29 PM
heres whats in the target box on my shortcut for p99:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "EQGAME" /low /affinity 1 "F:\EQLite\eqgame.exe" patchme

You only need the quotes if the folder has spaces in it.

Telesforo
06-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks a lot for your help.

I installed the game in C:/programfiles/everquest

Yes I downloaded the p99files32.

It is weird. Today the Launch Titanium works. I havent done anything. How is that possible?

But unfortunatelly the result is the same. In the screen where my toons should be there is a human named You are missing client files.[0 UNKNOWN CLASS] in a Unknown zone.

My operative system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

May be has some relation with that password changing? I am using the same password as always.

Beldon
06-09-2014, 02:48 PM
I have had this happen and completely exit the game. Upon starting using the Launch_Titanium.bat everything works. If you still have the issue try this:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113054&highlight=spell+file

Thulack
06-09-2014, 04:35 PM
next time you install p99 dont do it in the programfiles folder. Will save you 90% of your hassles.

falkun
06-09-2014, 04:49 PM
You likely do not have adequate permissions for the 'Program Files' folder in Windows 7. I suggest installing to the base C: drive.

iruinedyourday
06-09-2014, 09:45 PM
You likely do not have adequate permissions for the 'Program Files' folder in Windows 7. I suggest installing to the base C: drive.

Can i just copy paste the sony folder out of my program files and put it in my base C drive?

phacemeltar
06-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Can i just copy paste the sony folder out of my program files and put it in my base C drive?

yes, make sure to change your shortcut accordingly

Telesforo
06-10-2014, 01:28 AM
THANKS A LOT. At the end I got it. I only had to install the game in c:\everquest.

But still have a little problem. When traying to chat, I write what I want to say but when I click intro nothing happens. What I have written remains in the chat line.

How can I use Intro key?

Beldon
06-10-2014, 11:58 AM
THANKS A LOT. At the end I got it. I only had to install the game in c:\everquest.

But still have a little problem. When traying to chat, I write what I want to say but when I click intro nothing happens. What I have written remains in the chat line.

How can I use Intro key?

Do you mean Enter or Carriage Return key? Not sure what Intro key is.

If this is a misunderstanding and Intro means enter in Italian or something, try using the main Enter key and not the one on the number pad.

Telesforo
06-11-2014, 08:42 AM
I want to chat, say, tell whatever.

I write in the chat bar for example "/say Hello" but to finish it I have to validate with the intro key, the Return (or how you want to call it). The problem is that when I hit the key nothing happens.

phacemeltar
06-11-2014, 09:17 AM
i would suggest making a new thread for this question. sounds like your keyboard bindings are not the same as the default ones from the titanium install.