PDA

View Full Version : Dear Rogean

lite
06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
I can only assume that when you decided to start implementing simulated repops you did it because you believed it would be a step in the right direction for the server to thrive.
You couldn't have been more correct . During the time of simulated repops not only did it revive my guild, but for the first time in this server's history there were 3 actively competing guilds, all of which were prospering. few things were more exciting than the world shaking and the races beginning

You currently have the best population this server has had in years. Do not let this momentum go to waste. Automate simulated repops asap or start triggering them no later than 2 weeks apart. Failure to do so will cause the population and the competition to go right back to shit.

Giovanni
06-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Agree - randomness would help multiple guilds survive on server.

Having a guild sitting on top of a raid mob's spawn point waiting for it to pop goes against the original spirit of Everquest.

Would also be interesting to have ability to spawn raid mobs by killing within the appropriate zone. For instance, killing frogs in Sebilis would have a very small random chance of popping Trakanon.

This would encourage grouping within those zones in order to generate the raid mob pops and prevent all mobs from being monopolized on the same 3 hour window.

BeautBabeC
06-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Cool idea Gio. Yea sim repops would be the best way to give the server a little life.

fiegi 8.0
06-07-2014, 04:47 PM
like that ginger gives a fuk about the server

Gaffin 7.0
06-07-2014, 04:51 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/34owiza.gif

mikemandella
06-07-2014, 05:09 PM
As a casual player I think this is a great idea. Another high level guild would be great!

- Oppressor

Pudge
06-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Ya. Make them automated, try putting variance in on a couple mobs, etc. The server needs a bit of change! Something to mix it up. Back in classic things never felt this.. stale.

Nirgon
06-07-2014, 06:52 PM
I got more important shit to do like take a nap

Nocsucow
06-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Pras this thread

Quiet
06-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Who was the 3rd guild? I get it was Nihilum, Azrael, are we counting Red Dawn? The rise of Azrael really just equated to the non-factor status of Red Dawn and vise versa. Never was there a time in which 3 guild were able to compete. Would be like The Mighty Ducks joining a Nihilum raid and claiming to be the 3rd raiding guild of the server.

Gunner Stahl says "Nice job captain duck"

lite
06-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Red Dawn was acquired many mobs on the side while Azrael and Nihilum fought. Most notably Sev. The only reason that was possible to do for an up and coming guild is because they were not all perfectly lined up.

Telron
06-07-2014, 07:29 PM
This all assumes that the problem is that there isn't enough content to contest. Strange because there seems to be plenty. Just not the contest part.

Not_Kazowi
06-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Let me fix that then

Pitborn
06-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Who was the 3rd guild? I get it was Nihilum, Azrael, are we counting Red Dawn? The rise of Azrael really just equated to the non-factor status of Red Dawn and vise versa. Never was there a time in which 3 guild were able to compete. Would be like The Mighty Ducks joining a Nihilum raid and claiming to be the 3rd raiding guild of the server.

Gunner Stahl says "Nice job captain duck"

Red Dawn was definitely a factor for a short time.

Awwalike
06-07-2014, 08:23 PM
wipe it clean

weren't people getting banned for saying this even in rants & flames lel?

Genedin
06-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Red Dawn was like Napoleons army. Rag tag bunch of peasants but had numbers enough to pose a threat.

Gaffin 7.0
06-07-2014, 10:25 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/34owiza.gif

Gaanon
06-08-2014, 12:34 AM
No variance and next to no consistent repos will lead to a one guild end game, there's no debate.

Gaanon
06-08-2014, 12:35 AM
Deru is learning though, the exp boost was good, but if the end games fucked it's all for nothing.

Oglepole
06-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Pras this idea.

Rystar
06-08-2014, 01:40 AM
Variance won't make your people log in and compete. It will just double Nihilums loot. Repops are Sat and Sun, get your people to log on once a week to compete, it's really the only way to have a second competing guild.

quido
06-08-2014, 01:50 AM
We just want to catch you a little off guard instead of having 50 people there before the spawn with another 50 camped out and ready to login.

mostbitter
06-08-2014, 01:56 AM
Dear Rogdog, once upon a time there was a third guild. My guild did everything in it's power to destroy that third guild. Now that it has been destroyed I have no players left to steal and I would like some free mobs please. Make the ground shake for me and my friends only please, get in contact with me for what time works best for us.

nonphixion
06-08-2014, 02:05 AM
Dear Rogdog, once upon a time there was a third guild. My guild did everything in it's power to destroy that third guild. Now that it has been destroyed I have no players left to steal and I would like some free mobs please. Make the ground shake for me and my friends only please, get in contact with me for what time works best for us.

cocksucker

Zuranthium
06-08-2014, 03:17 AM
I want to see planned, structured PvP battles. 6v6, 12v12, and 24v24. Every week. Each guild forms their squads and you PvP for the rights to have a head-start on a Raid target (whatever the winning team picks). A player can only be used for one squad; a guild would need to have a total of 40 people logging on during guild battle day in order to field full teams of each type. If an uneven number of guilds are registered into one of the PvP areas (say 3 guilds or 5 guilds), then the previous week's winner gets a bye through the first round bracket. The 6v6 and 12v12 fields would have equipment restrictions, to provide a more level playing field. The terrain teams fight on would vary every week.

This would make it so the game requires more actual SKILL. The best PvP teams would be rewarded. The only way to measure who are truly the best is by fighting with even numbers (and even equipment). That's how every sport in existence operates. Anyone who is opposed to such a thing doesn't actually care about team PvP. There should be a leaderboard that tracks the # of victories a player has achieved and players would individually receive additional rewards after something like every 2 or 3 victories.

Note that these structured battles would only contest 3 raid targets, so there would still be plenty of content left to contest in the "regular" way. Lots of people obviously enjoy the guerilla-warfare type of World-PvP and it should have an important place in the game.

The structured battles would also naturally help to "even out" the number of people that are in each guild, since only a maximum of 40 people per guild would be able to complete in them (and thus potentially receive the additional rewards). This means that "regular" PvP contentions for Raid targets would be much more intense and frequent...which is what everyone playing on a PvP server should want. If you don't want that, then you're basically just playing on a PvP server in order to beat up on easy opponents: ie, an artificial way to feel like you're accomplishing more in life than someone else.

citizen1080
06-08-2014, 03:38 AM
Great idea...we could call it battleground....or maybe arena. Oh wait

I want to see planned, structured PvP battles. 6v6, 12v12, and 24v24. Every week. Each guild forms their squads and you PvP for the rights to have a head-start on a Raid target (whatever the winning team picks). A player can only be used for one squad; a guild would need to have a total of 40 people logging on during guild battle day in order to field full teams of each type. If an uneven number of guilds are registered into one of the PvP areas (say 3 guilds or 5 guilds), then the previous week's winner gets a bye through the first round bracket. The 6v6 and 12v12 fields would have equipment restrictions, to provide a more level playing field. The terrain teams fight on would vary every week.

This would make it so the game requires more actual SKILL. The best PvP teams would be rewarded. The only way to measure who are truly the best is by fighting with even numbers (and even equipment). That's how every sport in existence operates. Anyone who is opposed to such a thing doesn't actually care about team PvP. There should be a leaderboard that tracks the # of victories a player has achieved and players would individually receive additional rewards after something like every 2 or 3 victories.

Note that these structured battles would only contest 3 raid targets, so there would still be plenty of content left to contest in the "regular" way. Lots of people obviously enjoy the guerilla-warfare type of World-PvP and it should have an important place in the game.

The structured battles would also naturally help to "even out" the number of people that are in each guild, since only a maximum of 40 people per guild would be able to complete in them (and thus potentially receive the additional rewards). This means that "regular" PvP contentions for Raid targets would be much more intense and frequent...which is what everyone playing on a PvP server should want. If you don't want that, then you're basically just playing on a PvP server in order to beat up on easy opponents: ie, an artificial way to feel like you're accomplishing more in life than someone else.

Zuranthium
06-08-2014, 03:57 AM
Illogical WoW reference. *Yawn*. Plus, isn't WoW limited to 5 people for PvP?

Buhbuh
06-08-2014, 05:45 AM
shrug, PvP nights were fun.

-Taelara
06-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Taelara approves.

Quiet
06-08-2014, 09:13 AM
We just want to catch you a little off guard instead of having 50 people there before the spawn with another 50 camped out and ready to login.

This is a product of the new exp bonus, shit stains in Azrael inner core, we are better then you management / treatment of others, and lets be honest, Nihilum averages double Azrael's presence online at any given time.

Your best shot at True Pixels now from Kunark era will be... Velious.
Hope Nihi gets bogged down in ToV and then attempt to snipe VP/VS, assuming they don't camp their mains in NToV and run a quick alt raid on Kunark.

Slug
06-08-2014, 09:19 AM
This is a product of the new exp bonus, shit stains in Azrael inner core, we are better then you management / treatment of others, and lets be honest, Nihilum averages double Azrael's presence online at any given time.

Hope Nihi gets bogged down in ToV and then attempt to snipe VP/VS, assuming they don't camp their mains in NToV and run a quick alt raid on Kunark.

Interesting statement. The fact that the server population has doubled since Nihilum had sole control of the server would suggest the management / treatment of others by Nihilum isn't too stellar. The fact that your guild leader was just banned for selling items to the server to feed himself doesn't help either.

I also find it interesting that you basically state it takes twice as many Nihilum to compete with Azreal, at any given time.

Quiet
06-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Interesting statement. The fact that the server population has doubled since Nihilum had sole control of the server would suggest the management / treatment of others by Nihilum isn't too stellar. The fact that your guild leader was just banned for selling items to the server to feed himself doesn't help either.

I also find it interesting that you basically state it takes twice as many Nihilum to compete with Azreal, at any given time.

False. I stated that Nihilum has twice as many on as Azrael at any time so the idea of taking them by "surprise" is just not realistic.

The population is exactly the same / similar to what it was 7-10 months ago. I've leveled 2 new characters through the ranks to mid 50s during this time. What I do know is that for every 1 NEW and by new I mean no alt, no previous red char... there are 5-10 other characters that are alts.

The new exp bonus has allowed Nihilum to swell their numbers to double. They are leveling full groups now to 60 instead of individual players. Yes Azrael could have done the same thing but as previously mentioned somewhere, Azrael doesn't have they drive, they just expect the same results.

So now a straight 50v50 pvp fight, Azrael prob has the edge if their top players bother to show up. But that assumes that any dead nihi doesn't instant camp to 1 of 4 alts they have on stand by making a pvp fight defacto 100v50.

As long as Nihilum controls the pixels no one cares what their leader, 2nd in command or other members did. People follow Lite willingly and they know hes a selfish black hole of bullshit.

lite
06-08-2014, 09:59 AM
This is not people asking for something new to be implemented, but rather a request to the staff to continue doing something which was set in place and is known to get people playing.

mostbitter
06-08-2014, 11:17 AM
This is not people asking for something new to be implemented, but rather a request to the staff to continue doing something which was set in place and is known to get people playing.

How do sim repops work?

Post on forum telling dev/owner how his inaction is ruining the project

2. ???

3. Pixel party

Feniggles
06-08-2014, 12:28 PM
lite such a tool. only problem is people seem to get what they want by whining and posting multiple threads

citizen1080
06-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Guild drama aside, simulated repops are a good thing for the server. It is more loot for everyone, more competition for everyone, it does open up targets for smaller guilds because the big guild cant be everywhere at once so they are going to miss at least a few of the less important targets. I think bringing variance to red is the stupidest idea ever, it is a big part of what allowed TMO to dominate blue for so long, they were the only ones willing to poopsock track mobs 24/7 and had enough members being the resident zerg guild that they could rotate trackers. Which contrary to what mr lite thinks, will not be good for anyone.

However, simulated repops were approved and should be working.

Feniggles
06-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Guild drama aside, simulated repops are a good thing for the server. It is more loot for everyone, more competition for everyone, it does open up targets for smaller guilds because the big guild cant be everywhere at once so they are going to miss at least a few of the less important targets. I think bringing variance to red is the stupidest idea ever, it is a big part of what allowed TMO to dominate blue for so long, they were the only ones willing to poopsock track mobs 24/7 and had enough members being the resident zerg guild that they could rotate trackers. Which contrary to what mr lite thinks, will not be good for anyone.

However, simulated repops were approved and should be working.

nice post

Nirgon
06-08-2014, 02:58 PM
item loot

Gaanon
06-08-2014, 05:42 PM

No one cares or they would join nihi, I personally left gravy train and have no regrets. The system is broken, and it would be more fun if logic was applied.

Anyone can be in nihi, anyone, it isn't exclusive, people aren't jealous.

Gaanon
06-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Sim repops, variance would create multiple competing guilds or at least allow the opportunity.

Zalaerian
06-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Sim pops yes.

Variance just keeps anyone from competing with us. Will you log in for 4am dragons? No. Will we? yawp

Tassador
06-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Sim pops yes.

Variance just keeps anyone from competing with us. Will you log in for 4am dragons? No. Will we? yawp

good shit bro keep those dragons nice and dead.

Gaanon
06-08-2014, 06:10 PM
we

Lol

Zalaerian
06-08-2014, 09:26 PM
body is so rdy for 4am NTOV

Gaanon
06-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Enjoy ur self, but saying ur part of the rmt machine is lol, do what is fun brutha.

iiNGloriouS
06-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Why is the crybaby faggot Quiet posting? All he ever did was bitch and moan about how loot was given to people who had more attendance, and the proper class for it. If you didn't want to get passed over for loot, maybe you should've shown up more and not rolled a fucking ranger?

You basically shot yourself in the foot.