PDA

View Full Version : Stutter

Juryiel
06-07-2014, 02:22 AM
So I just got level 18 on my bard, and in standard bard fashion I decided to learn AoE kiting so I can lay claim to entire zones. Unfortunately, EQ seems to stutter every so often. This has been happening since I installed it, regardless of whether stuff is going on on the screen or zones are empty (I only kite late at night as to not be annoying to others). I tried with or without WinEQ2, different resolutions and a variety fo graphic settings, but to no avail. The stutter is brief, but just long enough to where if I'm doing a tight circle to dot a mob, they will hit me. Any help would be appreciated.

My computer is a fairly new (few months) gaming laptop (Geforce 770M, 12G ram, etc) so I'm not sure what's going on. I didn't have this stutter when I played live on my old PC in like 2005. Any help with settings would be appreciated.

Somekid123
06-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Not sure stutter effect but I do suggest turning your clip plane down [Can be found in Alt+P or use the Hotkey command by holding Shift +/-], I also recommend "/showallgraphics off" to turn spells/songs graphics off, otherwise im sure another bard shall chime in!

Bamz4l
06-07-2014, 12:51 PM
there have been many discussions about this topic and the issue seems to occur whenever someone enters (or leaves?) the zone that you are currently in.

Juryiel
06-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Did a few tests and confirmed it was in fact the zoneing in of people. I had tried a ram drive before (because I had read that it could be loading as people zone in) but it didn't help. I moved EQ files to the drive that houses the OS, (just regular, non-SSD, but only 80GB vs the 750GB drive it was on) and the stutter is gone. Thanks!

Bamz4l
06-08-2014, 06:39 AM
wow really? not sure anyones tried that before. good work!

wwoneo
11-04-2014, 11:40 PM
Did a few tests and confirmed it was in fact the zoneing in of people. I had tried a ram drive before (because I had read that it could be loading as people zone in) but it didn't help. I moved EQ files to the drive that houses the OS, (just regular, non-SSD, but only 80GB vs the 750GB drive it was on) and the stutter is gone. Thanks!

Did this really work ? I have the exact same problem as you. I've tried a billion different things including Duxa's all-in-one installer to fix multi core processing issues etc and I still can't get the stuttering to stop.

Juryiel
11-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Did this really work ? I have the exact same problem as you. I've tried a billion different things including Duxa's all-in-one installer to fix multi core processing issues etc and I still can't get the stuttering to stop.

Yes, I'm not sure what variable was the important one in doing this, but I have not had stutter since.

wwoneo
11-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes, I'm not sure what variable was the important one in doing this, but I have not had stutter since.

I tested this fix. Unfortunately, it does not work for me. Has anyone else found a fix for this?