PDA

View Full Version : Gamma setting locked at 21%

phacemeltar
06-05-2014, 09:56 PM
within the past couple weeks, my gamma settings have been locked at 21%. if i move the slider either way, the screen brightness changes and then instantly reverts to 21%.

i usually like to keep my gamma set to 10% so if there is any way that i can do that i would appreciate any suggestions.

BlkCamel
06-05-2014, 10:30 PM
within the past couple weeks, my gamma settings have been locked at 21%. if i move the slider either way, the screen brightness changes and then instantly reverts to 21%.

i usually like to keep my gamma set to 10% so if there is any way that i can do that i would appreciate any suggestions.

are you are an administrator profile on your comp? and are you opening EQ with admin powers? If not things like adding people to friends list, changing hotkeys, ++++++ will not save. You may need admin powers to allow the INI file to update.

BlkCamel
06-05-2014, 10:31 PM
also are you using eqgame.exe when launching or are you using a tool?

if you are using a tool try using eqgame.exe shorcut to desktop w/ -patchme added to target line at end of string of text. then open as admin and attempt to change.

BlkCamel
06-05-2014, 10:34 PM
one more thing, does your computer load with graphics card utility automatically? As an example nvidia controll panel or nview? do these programs launch w/windows? if so you may want to check graphics card utility and see if they have an option to lock gamma, some card/software will allow you to lock gamma so games cannot modify.

phacemeltar
06-05-2014, 11:20 PM
none of this helps.. i run my game as admin, win95 compatibility. i use a shortcut with the -patchme added. i dont use any proprietary graphics tools, windows 8 controls my graphics card as far as i can tell.

i havent made any updates to my machine in awhile, and it was working after the last updates i made.

BlkCamel
06-05-2014, 11:40 PM
none of this helps.. i run my game as admin, win95 compatibility. i use a shortcut with the -patchme added. i dont use any proprietary graphics tools, windows 8 controls my graphics card as far as i can tell.

i havent made any updates to my machine in awhile, and it was working after the last updates i made.

i would turn off win95 ccompatibility, atleast on my win7 system it is not needed and may cause issues. Did you check the eqclient.ini, Character_project1999.ini, eqoptions1.opt are not marked as read only?

lastly, right click on the shortcut for eqgame and go to properties, go to security and check permissions and make sure your profile is set to allow on all

To be honest computers do not require you to make changes to files, especially when you have things like UAC/or virus software on which can change files to read only, hidden, admin only and such on its own.

phacemeltar
06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
still no dice.. i tried those last suggestions as well. i guess from your responses that i am the only one having issues such as these?

BlkCamel
06-06-2014, 01:48 AM
I have not had these issues, but I have had issues with settings not saving and these suggestions bear from that. Just sounded like a permission issue with it not saving. Hopefully someone can find a solution. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

phacemeltar
06-06-2014, 01:58 PM
so i use win95 compatibility mode in order to force the game to play in single-core mode.. is there another way to force this without installing 3rd party software?

*i figured thiz out* still having issues with gamma

phacemeltar
07-08-2014, 06:44 PM
well it seems as though this problem has gone away.. hello darkness, my old friend

Clark
07-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Good thing you found fix that sounded shitty.