PDA

View Full Version : Info for New MMO Players

Halius
06-05-2014, 12:03 PM
I know most people won't need this as they have played multiple MMOs and/or are veterans of EQ. However, I have seen a few posts in this area from people who are completely new to MMOs so I thought I would post this here, it is a lexicon of most terms used in MMOs and P99 so that when a newbie sees someone say something like PBAoE or QQ or whatever it is, they know what they are talking about.

Granted a few of these terms refer to things in WoW but for the most part a lot of these are relevant.

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001313.php

Enojoy!

Uteunayr
06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
CoH is totally Call of the Hero. Don't know what this link is talking about... :P

Neat find for sure. Was surprised it didn't list CC rather than Crowd Control. Hopefully this comes in handy for people new to the server to get acclimated easier.

Halius
06-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Ha, I didn't even notice that. There is also an app for iPhone that is called "MMO Lexicon" that lists CoH as City of Heroes and as the Everquest spell Call of the Hero to summon another player. So that may be a good idea for new players as well. OR at least the ones with an iPhone/iPod.