PDA

View Full Version : Weird Latency issue.

psway
06-05-2014, 04:16 AM
I have had the game installed for a long time now and have never had this sort of problem. However the past few days I have been having a latency issue where the % on the latency meter drops to about 95% then goes back up to 100, this occurs for about 2 seconds. The problem is after that it is like I am out of sync or not connected to the server anymore. I can move about the game but if I cast or auto attack it becomes stuck casting. The funny thing is it reads 52ms 100% again.

Any insight?

psway
06-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Update: It is not a link dead issue afterall. I was in a group and it happened again. But had a buddy on skype. What I found out was he can see my chat, and see me move. However I could not see my group. I could see the mobs we were pulling but the would continue to run through walls, like a latency problem. If I try to participate by auto attack or casting I stay permanently in that state and cannot camp out.

I believe it is some sort of client to server sync issue, that has only started recently.

psway
06-06-2014, 02:46 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143600

This is another thread of someone having the same issue. Funny thing is, when your alone. You dont know this has happened to you. I sat semi afk waiting for a NPC spawn and It never came. What I thought was a 20min pop became an hour before I finally said, whats the deal here. I stand up, run around. Mobs are there but kind of flipping out, a little gittery, and walking through walls. But hey, they do this all the time in this zone. I go to cast... sure enough Im Desyncd. Who knows how long ive been that way. I relog and there is my PH sittin there untouched.

I am going to run fraps and see if I cant catch it happening on video.

Edit, for system specs:
Windows 7 64 bit professional.
AMD 550 black edition CPU
Nvidia GTS 250 video
Connection is wired
Time Warner Cable is ISP
I typically ping around 50-60 ms with server.
I run eq in windowed mode.

Nitsude
06-06-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm having this problem, too

Tasslehofp99
06-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Same here since like a patch or two ago, rarely ever desynched in the 3 years prior.