PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Melee'ing should require stamina and depend on weapon weight/speed

Nirgon
06-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Currently this does not happen here and makes buffs like Acumen/augmentation line bad ass.

Prob not easy to implement from scratch?

Nubben
06-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Pretty long discussion on this here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135212)

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Pretty long discussion on this here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135212)

That's general chat. It's like bitching about something in RnF and hoping a GM does something about it.

Big bump for Nirgon and endurance. Lamentations were running like 8k because they were so easy to swing for long periods of time.

It also seriously devalued the wurmslayer as no non-ogre could effectively wield it without draining themselves.

Nirgon
06-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Devalues the shit out of Acumen on raids when people are getting VoG too :)

But hey this shouldn't be too hard for guys who can fix bolts

I think it's a matter of when they can get to it

Daldaen
06-03-2014, 03:41 PM
I'd guess this is nearly impossible to fix. Since our client has Endurance, not Stamina. Going back to Stamina I think would be an extremely tedious undertaking.

We've got way more important things like 255 resist cap to deal with.

Nirgon
06-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Ya I'm beggin' and choosin' here

I'd say far from impossible tho

Nubben
06-03-2014, 04:17 PM
That's general chat. It's like bitching about something in RnF and hoping a GM does something about it.

No, it's not like that at all. There is definitely some worthwhile information in that thread, including actual research on the topic. I know that a bug fix won't be implemented based on information in a thread in server chat, but that doesn't devalue the conversation that took place in the thread, and it's easy enough for someone to cross-post the most relevant pieces.

Haynar
06-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Currently this does not happen here and makes buffs like Acumen/augmentation line bad ass.

Prob not easy to implement from scratch?
Duh.

We have the basics coded. It needs tweaked and reattempted to implement.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-03-2014, 11:42 PM
No, it's not like that at all. There is definitely some worthwhile information in that thread, including actual research on the topic. I know that a bug fix won't be implemented based on information in a thread in server chat, but that doesn't devalue the conversation that took place in the thread, and it's easy enough for someone to cross-post the most relevant pieces.

My apologies. Read through the thread again and there are some solid pts/research.

Cheers!

tristantio
06-04-2014, 04:08 PM
My post in general was an attempt to see if it had been discussed/decided on previously before filing in the bug report section (which I never got around to doing).

Since it sounds like they already know and are working on it, I'll forego cross posting all my research links here :p

Nirgon
08-27-2015, 01:56 AM
Duh.

We have the basics coded. It needs tweaked and reattempted to implement.

how bout dat reattempt? I know u can do it

tristantio
08-27-2015, 11:55 AM
I'll bump to that.

Ambrotos
08-27-2015, 12:57 PM
This was such a nightmare when they tried it the first time. Think it went on for a week where all melee were broken and couldn't do anything.

Lets hope for success and casters can zing their partners at will!

Nirgon
08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Makes bind rushing raid mobs less viable for melee

Makes character having a feeling of wear and tear a real immersive thing

Makes stamina spells/songs not worthless

Makes jumping to out pace mobs something you have to more carefully manage other than spam jump

Makes bind sight a finite thing without stamina recovery

Ele
08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Zing me!

Ele
08-27-2015, 01:59 PM
This was such a nightmare when they tried it the first time. Think it went on for a week where all melee were broken and couldn't do anything.

Lets hope for success and casters can zing their partners at will!

You mean anyone that had any weight on them. No one could move in EC after a couple of minutes of being logged in.

nilbog
08-27-2015, 03:01 PM
This is still #1 in my requested code development area. It is a huge undertaking to implement properly, and I believe one day it will exist.

http://i.imgur.com/ghJAvDY.gif

Coffee
08-27-2015, 03:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ghJAvDY.gif

i like that