PDA

View Full Version : Needed Classes?

doughboy
06-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Is there any lack of classes that are still sought after by guilds?

I expect a lack of rangers, but no guild actively seeks out rangers :P

Zalaerian
06-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Rogues clerics

mostbitter
06-03-2014, 02:03 PM
rog/clr/bard

Genedin
06-03-2014, 02:04 PM
cleric

Andis
06-03-2014, 02:18 PM
roll a clr, app azrael

nihilum is this servers scum, leaders being banned for rmt, etc

hope to see u make the right choice

Doors
06-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Server needs more beastlords.

no chewie dont
06-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Rangers and shadowknights

Mac Drettj
06-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Rangers and shadowknights

Gaffin 7.0
06-03-2014, 02:33 PM
ranger

Supaskillz
06-03-2014, 03:23 PM
So few paladins people can't even remember it's an option to suggest

no chewie dont
06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
No one suggested pally because trolling outside rnf is a ban

Husalah
06-03-2014, 03:48 PM
going to try both ranger and sk to see which play style I enjoy the most

thanks for the advice

doughboy
06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
roll a clr, app azrael

Actually I was thinking of doing this before I main a warrior. Either that or join Nihilum, get pixels then leave...but keep that on the downlow.

I'm guessing there are a ton of geared ogre warriors?

no chewie dont
06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Gonna wanna hit 20 at least to see uncapped damage

Husalah
06-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Gonna wanna hit 20 at least to see uncapped damage

thanks, you are very helpful

kank
06-03-2014, 05:00 PM
No one suggested pally because trolling outside rnf is a ban

lal

Zade
06-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I was weighing the option of what guild to join on my shadowknight...

Both guilds have recruitment for SKs closed.

,,|,,

dont make a SK.

Husalah
06-03-2014, 05:30 PM
I was weighing the option of what guild to join on my shadowknight...

Both guilds have recruitment for SKs closed.

,,|,,

dont make a SK.

what level, this makes me worried

wait, there is only two guilds?

Kergan
06-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Zade you know better. We take anyone, any class at any level and shower them with pixels within hours.

SprinklesAK
06-03-2014, 06:44 PM
what level, this makes me worried

I'm pretty sure SK and Ranger advice was a troll response. Both guilds aren't recruiting SK's due to overpopulation, but they are a good class. Ranger was voted as one of the worst pvp classes and it isn't played much. Although some people have debated that Ranger is good once it has windstriker. That's obvious a very late game scenario.

All of this is second hand information I've gathered in my research though. I'm also new and know relatively little first hand with pvp mechanics or p1999 oddities.

Regarding guilds only two guilds contend for endgame raid bosses. Nihilum is much larger and seems to win most of the time. The news as of just a day or two ago is the leader was banned for RMT. Azrael is the underdog guild that manages to get some bosses with less than half the members. Both are pretty aggressive shit talkers towards eachother - Azrael probably the more vocal of the two with an amusing (if offensive) website.

You can find plenty of it if you read the forums, but understanding what is really going on if you don't know the players is rather difficult. I've only developed a vague understanding from reading a whole shitload of posts. There's a lot of misinformation.

For legitimate advice on "needed classes" - you should look at support classes. Rich, old-school players want to play geared melees, and newer players are most appreciated if they play support classes. The biggest exception being wizard because nukes are always welcomed apparently and don't require great gear. But if you are legitimately good at playing a class I'm sure you can overcome any biases - otherwise you should consider picking the classes everyone wants in their party/raid but isn't jazzed to play. SK definitely doesn't fall in that category.

I'd suggest Druid, Enchanter, Cleric, Shaman, or Wizard for a first character.

Just my 2 cents - it's hard to find solid advice here from the veterans, and I'm not an expert on anything.

Husalah
06-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Zade you know better. We take anyone, any class at any level and shower them with pixels within hours.

This sounds real swell, what guild are you? Hopefully I can meet up with Zade and we can contact you together.

Pudge
06-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure SK and Ranger advice was a troll response. Both guilds aren't recruiting SK's due to overpopulation, but they are a good class. Ranger was voted as one of the worst pvp classes and it isn't played much. Although some people have debated that Ranger is good once it has windstriker. That's obvious a very late game scenario.

All of this is second hand information I've gathered in my research though. I'm also new and know relatively little first hand with pvp mechanics or p1999 oddities.

Regarding guilds only two guilds contend for endgame raid bosses. Nihilum is much larger and seems to win most of the time. The news as of just a day or two ago is the leader was banned for RMT. Azrael is the underdog guild that manages to get some bosses with less than half the members. Both are pretty aggressive shit talkers towards eachother - Azrael probably the more vocal of the two with an amusing (if offensive) website.

You can find plenty of it if you read the forums, but understanding what is really going on if you don't know the players is rather difficult. I've only developed a vague understanding from reading a whole shitload of posts. There's a lot of misinformation.

For legitimate advice on "needed classes" - you should look at support classes. Rich, old-school players want to play geared melees, and newer players are most appreciated if they play support classes. The biggest exception being wizard because nukes are always welcomed apparently and don't require great gear. But if you are legitimately good at playing a class I'm sure you can overcome any biases - otherwise you should consider picking the classes everyone wants in their party/raid but isn't jazzed to play. SK definitely doesn't fall in that category.

Just my 2 cents - it's hard to find solid advice here from the veterans, and I'm not an expert on anything.

Nice, well thought out post.

spooge
06-03-2014, 10:28 PM

ohh man wish i had this info when i started playing. A++

LulzSect
06-03-2014, 10:33 PM
SK or RNG

FaithlessKR
06-03-2014, 11:45 PM
So few paladins people can't even remember it's an option to suggest

Xer0
06-04-2014, 01:30 AM

Solid advice. Druids and wizards are desired for ports-- druids also get heals, buffs, nukes, dots, damage shields, light armor, foraging, tracking, not to mention invis at like level 5-- really an exceptional class and great for anyone trying to get a foothold on a new server.

Shaman get sow earlier than any other class that gets sow. Heals are subpar even compared to druids, but they are the kings of buffing.

obviously enchanters for clarity, but as far as pvp is concerned everyone stacks magic resistance so most of their offensive capabilities are basically nullified.

Potus
06-04-2014, 02:16 AM
It's okay the only INT caster worth a damn is Wiz. All the others gate. Might as well be super desired in groups.

jooo
06-04-2014, 02:51 AM
Paladins are the best class in velious and endgame kunark.

No other class can run in on a group of 6 while solo and live, besides cleric.

If your MA isn't a paladin, than you aren't rocking and rolling.

A paladin & rogue combo in velious is the best.

doughboy
06-04-2014, 03:40 AM

Both sides should have their good and bad. This is what I think.
Nihilum
I'm hypothesizing that Nihilum has more people who just joined for loot and are just hitching a ride.

Bandwagoners that come to mind are Holocaust. So toxic to the server their guild got disbanded and there is a youtube video about a member who says his plan to get unbanned is to "suck some dick".

The other I heard of are Angry Wolves.Their leaders pretended to be nice folk to invite all the white knights. Their corruption was discovered and they gave up their facade for pixels.

Azrael
I only know of Colgate being #1 monk botb. Some have told me he is an jerk. Maybe he calmed down?

Red99 has been out for awhile I would imagine some of the population have matured in the last couple years...

Edit: Didn't Heartbrand make a whiteknight guild too?

Colgate
06-04-2014, 04:04 AM
Bandwagoners that come to mind are Holocaust. So toxic to the server their guild got disbanded and there is a youtube video about a member who says his plan to get unbanned is to "suck some dick".

holocaust got deleted/banned for using the same exploit to kill nagafen that nihilum had been using for 3 weeks prior

Azrael
I only know of Colgate being #1 monk botb. Some have told me he is an jerk. Maybe he calmed down?

depends on who you talk to; majority of nihilum hates me, rest of the box loves me

Clark
06-04-2014, 04:51 AM
roll a clr, app azrael

moralpanic
06-04-2014, 04:59 AM
how are monks in end game pvp

Clark
06-04-2014, 05:28 AM

Pretty strong.

bigshowtime
06-04-2014, 06:13 AM
As for rolling a class, play something that is good in groups and solo to exp for times you aren't grouped, and a class that isn't gear dependant. The one class that isn't popular is necro because it's a very hard yet rewarding pvp class, and also very easy to exp and farm with regardless of gear. Unfortunately if you are a necro for raids, your only job at raids is to twitch clerics, cast dmf, and go afk. That is just one example of many one classes you can play here, but I thought I could sugget it as it is not a popular one. In the end, especially with the recent population spike along with big group exp bonus, you can play any class and do fine.

As long as you don't get upset with being harassed and killed by twinks on your journey, because it will happen.

For guilds you will have to figure it out on your own and make pals.

Hope you stick around and have fun on the box, hit me up in game if you have any other questions or need some buffs I will usually be on bigshowtime

Potus
06-04-2014, 02:45 PM

OP as fuck.

SprinklesAK
06-04-2014, 02:50 PM
As long as you don't get upset with being harassed and killed by twinks on your journey, because it will happen.

This is very true, being anything without bind is a much bigger hassle unless you are prepared to deal with corpse runs. In my experience Druid and to a lesser extent Shaman is your best twink defense. SOW lets you juke against their jboots and you can bind yourself in an out of the way, nearby location and gate. Reposition, rebind, etc. You can sometimes get lucky and land a root or a snare. Finally a druid can always teleport away and go solo kite if a twink is really irritating you. They only focus on the hotspot group zones so you can fall back on kiting if you are bored of them. I have a lowbie shaman I am leveling with some friends and am often able to escape twinks, but then I cannot easily get myself (or my friends) to an alternate location to level so we are stuck sitting around waiting for twinks to leave. In those times I wish I was a druid so I could relocate my own party.

Anything without sow and gate/bind will most likely have little chance against a twink. Playing a melee or hybrid, except bard perhaps, without some twink gear or plenty of patience and healthy attitude towards being ganked will get you frustrated.

As some have pointed out, all analysis of pros/cons assuming you don't have a strong preference for a class really drives towards Druid as the best first class. It is really effective and desirable in virtually any situation, group, solo, support, damage, pvp, farming.

You have the most flexibility to keep yourself busy, make money, and plan/gear other characters you may want. If you plan to play with friends very consistently, having one of them be a druid or a wizard + someone with SOW is a solid route too.

SprinklesAK
06-04-2014, 03:07 PM
OP as fuck.

It's worth noting that while accurate, asking what is extremely good at endgame doesn't mean you will be unless you actually understand the guild, raid, pvp, and political dynamics of this server necessary to gear up a given "OP as fuck" class. Also keep in mind that there are not dozens of porters sitting around waiting to get you where you want to go or bind you for free. Sometimes you won't even be able to get a port if you are paying fairly well. Making money is not necessarily easy or safe unless you can reliably escape from a cash farm camp to a bank (gater or druid is best). You also have carry weight to consider as a monk.

All of these things make monk a difficult first class to actually make money and gear up - every newbie monk I know is twinked or had to beg in ooc (sometimes for days) to get a wu's trance stick or some other weapon to feel decent. Just things to consider. Many of these vets are going to answer your questions literally without considering the facts of being a new player because they haven't played an untwinked character in over a year.

Potus
06-04-2014, 03:09 PM
That's true, you gotta suck a lot of ePenis to get the best loots to be OP, and if you can do it while also denouncing the other guild as being loot whores that makes it all the more comical.

HippoNipple
06-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Cleric is probably the most well rounded class to play that is needed in every aspect of the game and has high survivability. The downside would be if you don't enjoy being complete support and want to be the one killing players or if farming alone is a priority for you. If you need to they can solo okay.

Easiest classes to farm high end items solo are necro or enchanter.

As a duo a cleric goes well with both necro/enchanter for a farming duo.

If you want to get the final blow on players for yellow text pick a pure melee or wizard.

Hybrids, shamans, druids, mages - Just pick these classes if you really enjoy playing them. None of these are in high demand for raiding if that is important to you. With that said you can pretty much join any guild no matter what class you are, but just know that you won't be as needed.

Colgate
06-04-2014, 03:23 PM
monk without tstaff is pretty pathetic

with tstaff they're great

doughboy
06-05-2014, 01:38 AM

With the new play nice policy I can't really see myself getting too upset dying to a twink. Mainly because I can't even count it as a legitimate kill. I can just ask to LnS right? If they corpse camp I'll just petition to the GMs.

I don't mind playing a support class...I thinking clerics might be a good class to watch others pvp since clerics don't get focus fired. Of course I'll be healing meanwhile. :P

Great replies everyone. ^_^b

alaiwy0503
06-06-2014, 01:20 PM
With the new play nice policy I can't really see myself getting too upset dying to a twink. Mainly because I can't even count it as a legitimate kill. I can just ask to LnS right? If they corpse camp I'll just petition to the GMs.

I don't mind playing a support class...I thinking clerics might be a good class to watch others pvp since clerics don't get focus fired. Of course I'll be healing meanwhile. :P

Great replies everyone. ^_^b

I don't quite know how to put this....you will be focus fired. Maybe not if a wizard is available to kill quickly but otherwise you'll probably be targeted.