PDA

View Full Version : New to P1999

Omnifiend
06-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Good afternoon,

New to p1999. Lost my life to Evercrack a bit after it first came out, finally heard about and got p1999 all sorted late Saturday and promptly lost my entire Sunday to this glorious project. Now I'm hooked all over again! EQ was the best, and I love the opportunity to play it the way MMO's are meant to be played....with other people.

I played a human monk on Drinal back in the day in Unconquered and Guardians of the Keep. Currently I'm vacillating between Necromancer, Monk, Bard, or Rogue. I raided from Kunark all the way to Omens of War back in the day, and certainly plan to again. Played WoW after OoW, finishing with heroic Garrosh a bit ago, which is why I was bored and looking for alternatives. I've dabbled in just about every MMO released since EQ, but none beats it, as far as I'm concerned. Even after all these years. I just really don't like any xpac released after PoP that much.

Can't wait to meet some of you guys in game, now I just have to decide which character to play! Always a serious decision...don't wanna get stuck with something I hate and nobody wants for groups/raids.

-Omnifiend, Balpheron, or Gankiskhan

Whirled
06-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Welcome! I was on Drinal for a while too myself. Had a few characters on few other servers tho too. Take your time leveling up since Velious is otw!

p.s = try not to get too hooked like last time man =D

Uteunayr
06-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Welcome!

Go Necromancer. Perfect balance of needing no gear, having very good solo ability, and if you adjust your playstyle appropriately, you can also rock groups.

If you decide to, check out my necro guide! (http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdrix%27s_All_in_One_Necromancer_Strategy_Gui de)

Sorock
06-02-2014, 05:11 PM
welcome and enjoy!

If you go Iksar, holler at me since we'll be in the same forsaken lands!

Omnifiend
06-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Already read your guide Sesserdrix! Very well done by the way.

Currently a level 5 Iksar Sorock...feel free to bow to Balpheron any time. As an Iksar Necromancer, I'm obviously superior to other Iksar and barely on speaking terms with non-Iksar.

Just as hooked as last time already Whirled....I just have enough will power now to say no when I need to =p

Sniker
06-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I was on Drinal myself in White Wind.

I know 2 GotK members in RL..Ziber and Zulkahn

polishanarchy
06-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the server! Since you played a while back in live (I was a kid, I got to the part where you learn how to type), you probably know more than I do but figured I would add 2 cents. Highly recommend Sesserdrix's guide, which I've been following on my necro since around the early 30s. Here's the rest:
1-10 FoB
10-22 kurns
22-29~ forest giants
Around 29 or 30 I switched to the brutes in the tunnels leading to Dalnir zone. (less competition compared to giant fort).

It really depends on how long you want to stay on Kunark for--you can keep on leveling in Overthere and Frontier Mountains. I know a lot of people bank in FP when they do move continents, but I did the red wine quest (http://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine) and upped neriak faction instead.

Oh, and save up for your Circlet of Shadow. :)

Kumadar

Omnifiend
06-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'm level 6 in FOB. Seems to be an awkward level...everything is either too easy or too hard. Perhaps a ramp group.

Whirled
06-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Just as hooked as last time already Whirled....I just have enough will power now to say no when I need to =p

It sure is fun to be able to play like so many years ago and maybe if I had more free time I could see playing more but it's just not feasible with how life is atm. When/If I hop in game at some point I'll try to track you down and give you a few things that can help.

Omnifiend
06-03-2014, 01:51 PM
White Wind! I remember raiding with Jakle (sp?) WW and the drinal alliance back in the way back.

Gaunja
06-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the community. Look for me if im in EC, ill pass ya some starter stuff

Ando
06-03-2014, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'm level 6 in FOB. Seems to be an awkward level...everything is either too easy or too hard. Perhaps a ramp group.

Yeah, life will suck until lvl 12 when you get your 2 dots including a snare, and an undead fear you can use to fear kite inside Kurns (the skeletons don't aggro others while feared). Do not mess up your Burynai faction as it will make the bottom 2 levels of Kurns offlimits to you, which is by FAR the best place for a budding necromancer until lvl 22/23.

Erydan Ouragan
06-04-2014, 09:47 PM

Yeah necros are like old diesel generators.

Lots of clanking and sputtering when you start it, but once it's started for good, it's near indestructible and unstoppable.