PDA

View Full Version : Client Not Responding

ksungjune
06-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Almost all issues I got can be pointed to this.

Client Not Responding.

After log-in, after server select, after character select, after zoning, after porting,
always, always client will go into status of 'client not responding'.

Sometimes it will respond soon, sometimes it will respond very late, sometimes it will kick me back to log-in screen, sometimes it will just crash(very rarely crashes though).

So, I can say the problem is "the client not responding" after the actions listed above.

To compare, I installed live everquest too. It also has short 'client not responding' time too, but it is SHORT, and it never crashes, it never kicks me back to log-in screen. It works just fine.

I have to believe, this Titanium client is also capable to be not 'NOT respond' to give us players very, very, very bad time like this.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Follwings are the tries I attempted.

Wineq2, EQemu, reinstall windows 7 multiple times, reintall windows and NOT update anything but Graphic driver, Bought SSD, some resolution changes, EQgame.exe with affinity setting, what else, I can't even remember all of them. I tried all suggests that I could google out.

Something tells me that, if there is ANYONE who runs this piece of shit client without problem, if they share us their PC settings, it might help.
I will just keep trying to dig out any unseen suggested fixes about this problem in the sea of internet.
This is not how I remember EQ, I didn't have to go through this kind of non-game suffering in old days. Now I am doing this for days, it's going to almost a week.

nilbog
06-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Few other suggestions and questions.

-Disable UAC
-Run your client from root : i.e. C:/Everquest

What type of internet do you use? What company is the provider?

My settings are as follows:
-windows 7 professional
-wineq2
-comcast extreme 105mbps.

ksungjune
06-02-2014, 03:04 PM
I just diabled UAC, nothing changed.
My client is installed at C:/Everquest (has always been since I found p99).

My internet provider is Teksavvy, here is Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Cable internet,just did a speed test which is 11ms, 17.7Mbps down, 0.5Mbps up.

My setting is :

windows 7 ultimate 64
I have wineq2 and also have EQemu,
Q6600 8GB ram, Geforce 550Ti

myriverse
06-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I always thought "not responding" was the norm.

Not joking. For me, it happens at all of those times you list, but it eventually responds 99% of the time.

And it's been this way through 5 computers since I joined.

ksungjune
06-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Just tried to disconnect my router ( which I did try before) and it felt a bit better. ( which I also felt before). And eventually I crashed again zoning. Anyway, it has been better before too. Some things (SSD, fresh window install) seems like shortens 'not responding' duration but not always. Things can get worse with better environment.
Sometimes it will be very good with short loading (short 'no responding time') but sometimes it will just be very bad as always. Server population isn't factor here. It can be bad or good at any time with heavy (1000+) population and low (300+) population. I belive whoever are affected by this has same symptom like me.

Overall, I just have to guess this is server problem. Something with syncroniciity or connectivity issue with server which I cannot control.

I have live EQ installed and it also has short 'not responding' time every time zoning/loading. But it never crashes.

Meanwhile, P99 will not just crash, but also it will fail in many phase changing actions like logging-in, sever select, character select, and also zoning/porting.
It suggests me that server loses connection (frequently)to my client for all those actions, which in turn leads to 'not responding' problem, which leads to crash or kickback to login screen.

One more thing to mention, when I am kicked back to login screen, I will get all kinds of error message for each attempt of logging in.
From Invalid password to downtime errer message. (I never put wrong password but I get Invalid password message very often. which also suggests me there is something wrong with the server.)

It might be that this problem can be regional too. Maybe some region does not suffer this problem and some other region suffers it all. Assuming this is correct, if management team dwell in region that is not affected, this problem will never be detected directly.

As far as I know, as posts below suggest, I am not the only one suffering from this, more like I am one of hundreds. I really hope this matter is dealt seriously and more aggresively. At this moment, I am more tortured than enjoying this great game and this is not my private issue I think.
Thank you.

ksungjune
06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I just can't think of any other possibility after days of attempt to fix this problem from my side. 2 desktops, 1 notebook, swapped video cards between them (550ti and Radeon 7000). Router on, Router off. Symptoms are all same. For some random reason that I cannot control, symptom can be more/less frequent.

This is server problem. I have to conclude.

ksungjune
06-02-2014, 05:28 PM
By the way, since I installed SSD and put client in C:/everquest, the crash is somewhat less likely to happen (it still persists to the degree of unplayable though.) In my opinion, this is because SSD reduced loading time, which gives less chance for the server to lose connection or synchronization or whatever, eventually lead to better chance to successfully finish loading. The better the pc's performance, the quicker loading time, less likely to get 'not responding' which leads to crash and kickback to login screen.

Which is not a solution, only a relief. This is what I feel after many different attempts.