PDA

View Full Version : Attn GMs: Please Read

Andis
06-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Somewhere on these forums you have listed that when a guild leader does something wrong, extremely wrong, the whole guild gets punished. The same logic that states if a guild member cannot be kept under control, the behavior gets reflected onto the guild leader and the guild as a whole.

It has come to my attention that the leader of Nihilum, has recently been banned for RMT on Red99.

This being said, is it not time to properly take action for what the LEADER has done? The LEADER of Nihilum just broke the one most promising rule here on this box. I think it's time to take action, disband the guild, make them reform.

Seeing the name is just a detriment to this server at this point. If someone can find that post where the leader is held responsible for his actions, please re-post.

Please help preserve this box.

Thanks for your time.

yours truly,

Andis the Preserver

Kergan
06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
We are hydra, cut off one head and another takes its place!

Sektor
06-02-2014, 02:30 PM
They went easy on Nizzar. Derubael had any account I've ever logged into banned. My RL friends 51 ranger is still banned with rags for gear. They should be raid suspended also.

Kergan
06-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Your friend should petition imo.

Greegon
06-02-2014, 02:34 PM

yeah, not happening, server been the same since the first great population decline and it aint ever gonna change

one of the many reasons i find it difficult to log in

hope is gud tho

eskimospy
06-02-2014, 02:41 PM
They went easy on Nizzar. Derubael had any account I've ever logged into banned. My RL friends 51 ranger is still banned with rags for gear. They should be raid suspended also.

the Duke's server obv

Genedin
06-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I do find it interesting how many toons were banned just cause Sektor logged into them yet the punishment appears to not be the same.

Kergan
06-02-2014, 02:49 PM
You're all assuming you know what the punishment was in both cases. Which in itself is pretty fucking bad when you think about it.

Genedin
06-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I know in Sektor's case I got banned cause he did a CR for me when I was out of town.

You are correct I do not know the current punishment, but I would assume if every toon Nizz logged into was banned we would have heard about it by now. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Buhbuh
06-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Haven't a bunch of you noted that he recently re-rolled, just as Sektor did?

Do any of you know the extent of the ban, or are you just assuming he didn't get the same treatment?

rato
06-02-2014, 03:01 PM
The GM's aren't going to beat Nihilium for you.

Find a doctor to fix your mangled assholes and move on with your lives.

Buhbuh
06-02-2014, 03:04 PM
I think the only difference this time is that the staff would only talk to Sektor regarding our bans, despite reading our petitions, and as a result the unbans are happening much quicker this time around.

Genedin
06-02-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't really care. We all know much like Sek homeboy will have a max lvl fully geared toon by the end of the week and things will go along as normal. This is just a unsubstantial victory for the underdogs to rejoice over for a few days.

I just don't like feeling like punishments are not handed out evenly. Like I said perhaps I am mistaken as I don't have all of the facts.

Mac Drettj
06-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Lite 6 boxes everyday

Ban every azrael

Rellapse40
06-02-2014, 03:24 PM
OP is correct

The Gm's have stated many times in the past the Leadership and Officers of a guild are accountable for their members actions.

This leader has been suspended numerous times and banned. Somehow every time he gets the bans lifted.

It is time to hold this guild accountable for shitting up this great server.

rato
06-02-2014, 03:28 PM
The GM's aren't going to beat Nihilium for you.

Find a doctor to fix your mangled assholes and move on with your lives.

XiakenjaTZ
06-02-2014, 03:28 PM
In all honesty if Lite was busted for RMT I would expect a week + raid ban for the guild.

Don't ban them from PvP for a week just ban them from killing any raid mobs for a week or so. They can defend them all they want. It would be a hella fun week. Doubt they would ever leave KC.

Sirken
06-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Somewhere on these forums you have listed that when a guild leader does something wrong, extremely wrong, the whole guild gets punished. The same logic that states if a guild member cannot be kept under control, the behavior gets reflected onto the guild leader and the guild as a whole.

It has come to my attention that the leader of Nihilum, has recently been banned for RMT on Red99.

This being said, is it not time to properly take action for what the LEADER has done? The LEADER of Nihilum just broke the one most promising rule here on this box. I think it's time to take action, disband the guild, make them reform.

Seeing the name is just a detriment to this server at this point. If someone can find that post where the leader is held responsible for his actions, please re-post.

Thanks for your time.

yours truly,

Andis the Preserver

Lets get one thing straight folks. We don't answer to you.

There has been a lot of petitions lately, a lot of posts on the forums, with everyone trying to critique GM Decisions. The developers of this project put way too much time into this for us to be put on the spotlight every single time we make a decision, ESPECIALLY when you ASSUME you know all the facts. 90% of the time, you don't. Situations are handled between the staff and the players directly involved. Any dialog between a GM and a player can be considered a private matter, and will not be open to public debate. Players will divulge their interactions with GM's as they see fit, maybe giving all details and maybe not disclosing all of it, and quite possible they themselves aren't aware of every point of consideration in a staff decision.

I'm getting quite tired of everything being questioned, everyone assuming they are experts in every decision being made. Its getting old quite fast. We make decisions based on our best judgements, often discussing large impacting decisions with several staff members first. You are welcome to report anything you may believe to be unjustified use of GM privileges to the petition forum or Nilbog and myself, but this would only be in situations where you believe a GM did not act as they are instructed so, and an investigation may occur, but do not think that this suddenly privies you to all information associated with any decision. I realize that the environment for our community is a little more open than such organizations as SOE Itself, with more direct involvement in the community by the developers, but there are certain ways things need to be handled, and they wont always be agreed on by everyone, but thats how it is in any scenario. Many of us, including myself, do not play on the server. That means we spend all of our time working to better the server, and handling the issues that arise. We make decisions based on our best judgement, with no favoritism for any play character connections, so you will have to trust in our opinions for the health of the server.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled, un GM-related, flaming and asshatery.

<3