PDA

View Full Version : Proposal regarding pvp level ranges...

Xer0
06-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Hi folks, just offering a suggestion to the powers that be.

I propose that the pvp level range be removed in certain scenarios, triggered by friendly action towards players involved directly in combat.

If it's not clear how this could work, imagine this scenario.

Player A, a 29 Rogue is in a group xping with a level 24 druid, player B. The xp is flowing nicely until some level 30 rogue in a fungi (player C) rolls along and starts to beat up on the higher level of the pair.

I submit simply that the pvp level range limitations toggled off in the instance of Player B casting a heal, or beneficial buff on player a player.

In the current format, player B has no recourse but to land heals (which will heal at most 10% of player A's HP) and basically buff while Player C uses his clicky cancel magic. If you've ever had to watch your group get busted up by some twink you know this can be extremely frustrating. My proposal eliminates this frustration-- Even if you die at least you could nuke the bastard.

The same scenario can be used to opposite effect as well, allowing players to keep healers in range of pvp fighters for healing, but out of range to be attacked in PVP. This comes up a lot on the boards, so I'm sure it's a problem-- My proposal would completely eliminate the need for rules against this, as any OOR clerics would become a viable target for pvp.

Just had the thought as we watched some twink pking in MM, and he plugged as we nearly beat him- They always plug it seems, these hates, mrsbigs and natures arent really shit of you focus an effort on them.

Casey VII
06-01-2014, 06:02 PM
blacks

Vile
06-01-2014, 06:06 PM
erudites

Swish
06-01-2014, 06:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ShRLCnR.gif

Gustoo
06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
There is no ultimate solution to the PVP level range and the best thing for these scenarios is some creative problem solving.

Hansen
06-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Help

Azure
06-01-2014, 11:24 PM
deal with OOR healers by being higher level and out dpsing their heals or being in range to them and having pals, and not enganging when u know u cant win like a tard

doughboy
06-02-2014, 03:23 AM
OOR healing doesn't promote competitive pvp. Disable OOR healing/buffing completely. Level restrict items like Fungi tunic.

This will promote pvp and any true pvper would not object.

The only negative effect I can think of is random buffing lower levels to pve as an act of kindness, but its more of an exception other than the norm.

Farzo
06-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Just had the thought as we watched some twink pking in MM, and he plugged as we nearly beat him- They always plug it seems, these hates, mrsbigs and natures arent really shit of you focus an effort on them.

Hivemind lol?

alaiwy0503
06-02-2014, 09:07 AM
deal with OOR healers by being higher level and out dpsing their heals or being in range to them and having pals, and not enganging when u know u cant win like a tard

This. I can't tell you the amount of times Sigh or somebody else has come into our group 1v3. I'm sure they're complaing about "oor healers".....maybe don't attack a group 1v3?

The other reason this is a problem is due to how long we have been stuck on Kunark. On live the game progressed enough to keep (most) people from wanting to level up a secondary character. On this server every level 60 has at least another level 54/55 and that makes it worse than it was on live.

gnomishfirework
06-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Honestly, they should add required levels to high level items. I mean, so many newbs have been griefed off the server by RMT heroes. I don't think thats good for the server.

Gaffin 7.0
06-02-2014, 09:39 AM
blacks

Gaffin 7.0
06-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Honestly, they should add required levels to high level items. I mean, so many newbs have been griefed off the server by RMT heroes. I don't think thats good for the server.

yah lets make this game boring once your 60 idiot

no chewie dont
06-02-2014, 09:51 AM
if player A doesn't read and players B, C, and D all write tldrs how many fux do i give

Kergan
06-02-2014, 10:09 AM
E?

Koota
06-02-2014, 10:38 AM
this just in, chewie doesn't give a fuck

Xer0
06-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Are you saying the only fun in eq exists in twinking?

doughboy
06-03-2014, 08:01 AM

You hate fighting people of equal gear because you want to be OP.

I got a RL version of pvp for you.
First go outside (I know, its hard to get out of that chair), then find some ants. Start stomping on them, and they will be unable to fight back against your overwhelming might!

You can also use "magic" by pouring down water on them, it will be like your Prexus.

Tassador
06-03-2014, 08:05 AM

First go outside (I know, its hard to get out of that chair), then find some ants. Start stomping on them, and they will be unable to fight back against your overwhelming might!

You can also use "magic" by pouring down water on them, it will be like your Prexus.

Wow let me know where you get your pot bro.

Clark
06-04-2014, 05:36 AM
if player A doesn't read and players B, C, and D all write tldrs how many fux do i give

Xer0
06-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Hey if you and chewie don't care-- and pay special attention to the difference between "not caring" and "disagreeing"here-- then you're more than welcome to not post in this particular thread. Pretty sure what you c u next Tuesdays are doing counts for nothing but trolling.

you're*

I don't think this will satisfy his thirst. What he needs to do is start using his superior strength against children. That way he has the satisfaction of being able to tell them "lol stfu faget" when he's called out for his bullshit.

this just in, chewie doesn't give a fuck

I think once a man stops being able to see his genitalia, there's really just no point in giving a fuck about anything. Sorry chewie, it really explains a lot though.

no chewie dont
06-04-2014, 08:44 AM
u mad that i dont give a shit about some new retards opinion on how stuff should work?
your ideas are bad and you should feel bad

Vile
06-04-2014, 10:03 AM
u mad that i dont give a shit about some new retards opinion on how stuff should work?

chewie says you need to:
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/biz/image/1392/74/1392747367393.jpg

hatelore
06-04-2014, 12:19 PM

Lawl, best fuckin gif ever.

Xer0
06-04-2014, 02:55 PM

You mad because you cant see your genitals?
Or just mad that some "new retard" has a good ideam that would put an end to your newbie harassment? you piece of subhuman excrement.

No, I'm irritated because you're clearly just wasting time and bandwidth. You're not contributing at all. All you've said prior to this morning is "I dont give a fuck" essentially-- and guess what pal, if you don't care, you've no reason to be posting. The fact that you post, and keep returning to do so shows that you care a hell of a lot that your precious pixels don't change.

Clark
06-05-2014, 01:19 AM
best fuckin gif ever.

Clark
06-07-2014, 04:57 AM

:D

R Flair
06-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Just need to flag healers into range of player they heal in pvp. Nothin else.

Tali
06-07-2014, 07:43 AM
There used to be a system like this in place during the beta of the server, null scrapped it because it was complicated.

There are ways to make this work with cool-off timers, but does null have the time to mess with it again?

Bamz4l
06-07-2014, 01:04 PM
null vanished into thin air shortly after launch. must have realized all the problems he was causing

Xer0
06-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Just need to flag healers into range of player they heal in pvp. Nothin else.

That's pretty much exactly the same concept except you're restricting it to heals which is silly. if a druid sits around ds'ing and buffing while oor shouldnt they be targetable?