PDA

View Full Version : Is the beta server really empty?

Cippofra
06-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Since I started on it last night the server count is always 0 and a /who all returns nothing. Am I really the only one playing on it? Or is there something about the server I'm not understanding?

India
06-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Yes it is :(

Daldaen
06-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I stopped playing on it when the patch change forced you to have 2 EQ directories. It may have been necessary for some server side code changes for beta, but it makes playing beta much more annoying.

Thulack
06-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Takes 3 minutes to copy your EQ folder and past it back in same folder rename it to beta and make a new Eqgame.exe shortcut. That is if you installed EQ correctly the first time you did it.

Erati
06-02-2014, 11:13 AM
its sad when Thulack displays qualities of non-lazyness that myself and Daldaen do not possess

this is what is wrong with the new beta system, it has turned reality upside down

Artaenc
06-02-2014, 11:49 AM
We jump in there as a guild sometimes when we're not busy raiding. hit us up when you see us, I'm usually on Artech. I'm trying to setup a guild named Asgard in there but staff have been busy I guess.

Dacuk
06-03-2014, 11:05 AM
I stopped playing on it when the patch change forced you to have 2 EQ directories. It may have been necessary for some server side code changes for beta, but it makes playing beta much more annoying.

Nirgon
06-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Well maybe a to do list and people scheduling open raids would help

Zenren
06-19-2014, 02:07 PM
I wasn't aware that two directories were necessary, so I installed over my old copy. Now I have to reinstall everything. If you could be more clear on the beta installation, I think it would go a long way towards preventing others from doing the same thing.

Thulack
06-19-2014, 02:45 PM
I wasn't aware that two directories were necessary, so I installed over my old copy. Now I have to reinstall everything. If you could be more clear on the beta installation, I think it would go a long way towards preventing others from doing the same thing.

Did you try just copying the latest patch for p99 back into that directory to override the beta files? Not p99's fault some people just aren't that smart when it comes to PC's. You would think after 15 years of playing on them people would have some common sense about stuff.

SamwiseRed
06-19-2014, 04:07 PM
2 directorys 2 hard. also velious is a boring expansion.

Ikonoclastia
06-19-2014, 07:00 PM
I've been trying to get it to work but after:

1. copying over all the files into a new folder.
2. downloading the files from the link and extracting them into that new folder.
3. opening the new folder and running the exe.

It says my spells are outdated...

Worked for me before so not sure why it won't now.

EH Dit: NM, launcher had to be changed to point to the new folder... doh

nilbog
06-24-2014, 11:44 AM
With the latest patch, the files should now be the same between pve/pvp and beta.

Issues people had should be resolved.

RaptorSB
06-28-2014, 08:19 AM
I would play there, but I've only got one toon at all on the live server, and she's only 14 right now.

nilbog
06-28-2014, 10:09 AM
I would play there, but I've only got one toon at all on the live server, and she's only 14 right now.

We have a system in place to gear and skill up characters. Details below.

Previously Updated - Velious Beta Buff
Beta Buff is now available on the Velious Beta Server.

This will copy a level 60 character template over your existing character. Your character's level, race, deity, skills, spell gems, spell book, and other necessary information will be overwritten. All items in your inventory (Worn and in immediate inventory) will be deleted and replaced. Items in your bank will not be deleted, so place items there that you would like to keep. Coin in inventory or bank will also not be changed. Faction values that you have gained or loss will not be changed, however your actual factions may be different due to the change in race and deity from their base values.

To use the beta buff, you will need to copy over an existing character from live or red as usual (/beta command). Once on Beta, see the Velious Beta Banker NPC in North Ro, and ask him to [beta buff me].

RaptorSB
06-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Thanks, nilbog. Hoped over and did that, was a little disappointed. Not sure how to go about testing something faction/race/deity specific (or even if the zones and mobs for this quest are in the beta yet). Do we just keep putting a toon over and do the beta buff until we get the right race/deity?

(Was going to try and check out the quest for Nature's Defender, Tunare/Paladin weapon)

Thulack
06-28-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks, nilbog. Hoped over and did that, was a little disappointed. Not sure how to go about testing something faction/race/deity specific (or even if the zones and mobs for this quest are in the beta yet). Do we just keep putting a toon over and do the beta buff until we get the right race/deity?

(Was going to try and check out the quest for Nature's Defender, Tunare/Paladin weapon)

you get the same race/diery no matter how many times you do it. The /beta buff is just a copy of a 1 toon for each class that had best gear. If you dont already have a tunare/paladin to try ND quest then you cant beta buff to do it.

Thulack
06-29-2014, 04:18 PM
With the latest patch, the files should now be the same between pve/pvp and beta.

Issues people had should be resolved.

So we dont have to have a seperate folder for beta server now? Will it continue to be same files or might we go back to needing seperate folders again at some point. I'm just a sticklier for free space on HD hehe.

kanras
06-29-2014, 04:53 PM
It's not a guarantee they'll stay separate. There's a similar system for skillcaps that needs to be added so they can be modified with timeline as well.

dbouya
07-02-2014, 02:05 PM
2 directorys 2 hard. also velious is a boring expansion.

I agree velious is boring alone. There's no real good exp grinding or newb quests or anything. velious is a hardcore high end raid/guild expansion that should be insanely fun the funnest p99 will ever see for guilds... for loners who hop on hoping to test though? a bit lame.

maybe the devs could enable multi-boxing on velious beta? that'd make it possible for people to do more with the low server pop? or is it already enabled? or is there no way to enable it just for velious beta?

JayN
07-02-2014, 02:10 PM
YOu can box as many as you want on Velious beta, get testing!

Ele
07-02-2014, 04:42 PM
maybe the devs could enable multi-boxing on velious beta? that'd make it possible for people to do more with the low server pop? or is it already enabled? or is there no way to enable it just for velious beta?

It is already there. You can play multiple accounts at the same time on BETA only. You can play one account on BLUE and one on RED at the same time. You can BETA and BLUE and/or RED at the same time as well.

You can also make any character level 60 with pretty much BIS gear via the beta buff in NRO. Just /beta a character from blue/red and use the beta buff gnome to gear/level up to your hearts content.