PDA

View Full Version : Help getting back into Norrath

RollingDwarfPally
06-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Hey guys, I have been offline since around august last year and am looking to get back onboard, however I cannot figure out how to get hold of the new log in method or download the various updates. I believe the old eqemulauncher is no longer used?

I manages to remember my eqemu password and created this new forum account, but cannot link the two because my eqemu is tied to my old msn hotmail which I can no longer access. I have searched the forums a bit and frankly I am just confused, I also checked out the set up guide and being slightly technologically illiterate really don't know what to do.

Anyway, would love some advice/help as I have just finished my exams and cannot wait to get my pally to 40 and roll a bard

Swish
06-01-2014, 12:24 PM
The quoted post below is the way to log in instead of the patcher. Go to the announcements forum to find the latest patch files (usually dated in the title).

As for not being able to access the old email you registered with, I think its curtains for that account unless you can find a way :(

1. Find your P99 folder
2. Find "eqgame.exe"
3. Create a shortcut for it (I put mine on the desktop)
4. Go to the shortcut, right click on it and select "Properties"

Something resembling this will appear (your folder path will likely be different to mine)..

http://i.minus.com/j8RuoVQZlKjXj.png

Make sure to write patchme after the target. Apply the changes.

You can now use the shortcut to log in!... job done. No launcher required anymore! The only thing to be aware of is patch days, where you need to go to the News/Announcements forum and download the latest patch and unzip it to your EQ folder.

RollingDwarfPally
06-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I can't find the right file :( I find one similar with
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe as the target, I insert patch me can't get it to work. Man I suck at this. I downloaded the patch, but do I just extract to where it suggests? I am considering starting over, just reinstalling it elsewhere, following the guide and seeing if it then works

The email is tied to the eqemu account. Is that necessary to get get online, I know the eqemu password and usename, just not the email tied to it. (I also know my actual server login thing for p1999.

With the new login method, what do I actually click to load it up?

Casey VII
06-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Keep looking for eqgame.exe

Use the file search in the top right when you're navigating the folder.

If you can't find it at all, your antivirus may have deleted it.