PDA

View Full Version : eqgame.exe missing

xarid
06-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Hi All,

I was playing earlier and then closed out EQ (after it crashed again). Went and did a few things and when I came back my shortcut was gone from desktop as well as eqgame.exe from the EQ folder. Does anyone know where I can download just the eqgame.exe which is compatible for P99? Thanks and sorry if I missed a link with that information already.

X

DetroitVelvetSmooth
06-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Same thing just happened to me. Had a temporary item in my inventory when I logged in (summond wisp stone) and when I clicked it, the client crashed immediately to the login screen. Able to log in right away, ran to tunnel, and logged out. Went to start later and the entire eqgame.exe is just gone.
NOW IT GETS WEIRD. I just did an uninstall reinstall and when the game got to disc 4 it stops and gives a file error: The following error occurred on the file 'C:\program files(x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe'. The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

How can it not find the file installing from the disc? What the heck is going on here? Prayed to the Google, no response.

Derubael
06-01-2014, 10:23 AM
In both your cases, would attempt another reinstall. This may sound stuipd, but double check your recycle bin before doing so just in case =P

If you are running Windows Vista/7/8 it is highly recommended you install Everquest somewhere other than your C:\Program Files\ folder, as installing the game here can cause problems if you have UAC (User Account Control, on by default in the listed operating systems) turned on. I always install mine into C:\Everquest, but that is just me.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
06-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Hail the wise and wonderful Derubael, voice of the Devs on high! May RNGeesus be with you always. Unless this doesn't work.
Edit: It didn't work.

holeHeartless
06-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Same thing just happened to me. Had a temporary item in my inventory when I logged in (summond wisp stone) and when I clicked it, the client crashed immediately to the login screen. Able to log in right away, ran to tunnel, and logged out. Went to start later and the entire eqgame.exe is just gone.
NOW IT GETS WEIRD. I just did an uninstall reinstall and when the game got to disc 4 it stops and gives a file error: The following error occurred on the file 'C:\program files(x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe'. The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

How can it not find the file installing from the disc? What the heck is going on here? Prayed to the Google, no response.

Almost exactly what happened to me however EQ didn't crash. I logged out last night, went to log on for a few this morning and I got some weird error about the shortcut being linked to a drive that isn't connected or something. Then when I tried to remake my shortcut i realized that the eqgame.exe file was completely gone. My weirdness occured when I tried to copy the eqgame file from my laptop via a usb thumb drive. I copied it over to the EverQuest directory (note Copied didn't Move) and the file disappeared from the EQ directory again...AND from the thumb drive. The second time I tried this, it didn't disappear from either location but when I try to run it I get an error telling me that i'm missing the file xul.dll

This makes me so sad. I'm going to try Derubael's suggestion of installing it into the main C: directory instead of Program Files and see if that works. Still rather strange since it has been installed in C:\Program Files\... since last year and I've never had any trouble with it.

UPDATE: Tried reinstalling directly to C:\ and got the following error message -
File Error
The following error occured on the file 'C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe'.
The system cannot find the file specified.
(0x2)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

picklefixer
06-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Was playing this morning. Logged out for about an hour. Double clicked icon on my desktop and it "poofed". Wtf...hunted for the launcher icon and couldnt find it. Tried making a new shortcut, "eqgame.exe" missing. Haxxors

So...i uninstalled and then attempted reinstall...during the 4th disc i get the error "cant find eqgame.exe"..../click ignore and tried anyways...no dice. =(

We need our top men on this!

Thanks
Mrtwig

Fountree
06-01-2014, 11:41 AM
EQgame.exe was removed from my folder as I opened P99 today by my anti-virus software. Read the file as a win 32 evo gen trojan. Rarely have had this problem with P99 before. I restored the file and turned off the anti-virus to open EQ and it worked fine. Maybe this helps?

xarid
06-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Im guessing avast?

Fountree
06-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Im guessing avast?

Yup

picklefixer
06-01-2014, 11:43 AM
I'll shut mind down this time and see what happens.

Mrtwig

greenblze420
06-01-2014, 11:47 AM
i have the same problem but i dont see the file in any of my anti virus programs

picklefixer
06-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Shutting down Avast fixed the problem.

So, how do i run Avast without it deleting eqgame.exe?

Thanks
Mrtwig

xarid
06-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Yeah, found the virus bin, made sure it knows and now likes EQgame.exe, and just left it running. works again. Thanks a million :)

xarid
06-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Mrtwig:

Open avast, click statistics (bottom left). Upper left, click on Component Status. Upper right, click on Virus bin, then right click eqgame.exe, restore and add exception.

xylynoro
06-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Avast will delete eqgame.exe during a patch. Add this file to the exceptions list and you will be fine. No need to turn it off completely.

If this already happened, go into the virus chest and restore adding exception and all will be good.

GinnasP99
06-01-2014, 12:30 PM
I had this exact problem this morning. EQgame.exe was deleted by avast. Luckily i had a backup of the directory on a portable hard drive. (so long avast)

DetroitVelvetSmooth
06-01-2014, 12:39 PM
CONFIRMED - Avast must have updated or something, read it as virus and deleted it. Disable avast while reinstalling.

picklefixer
06-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Thanks Xarid and others for the help!

Mrtwig

holeHeartless
06-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Brilliant. Never would have thought of that. EQ > Avast..../uninstall