PDA

View Full Version : 50+ Hunting

Oglepole
05-31-2014, 05:39 PM
Ding 50!

Spending 38-50 at CoM has made me slightly sick of the place. What are some good places to hunt 50+? Am I safe going to Seb or Karn? Or are those help by certain guilds? I am a monk, so Id like to avoid blindly walking into these zones, dying, and walking back without some idea of what to expect hostility wise. I have never seen any of the 50+ zones, so they all be fun (in the sense of content) to me.

I also heard some people talking about the hole?

Thanks!

-Oglepole 50 Monk

Cholk
05-31-2014, 05:51 PM
50+ isn't going to be easy if your not in a guild, KC and Seb are usually control by AZ or Nihi. The hole is Usually empty and decent xp with a group. Fighting solo as a monk is okay past the drop down, but you'll need to find a porter to get you out.

gcobb
05-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Fortunately you have FD and should be able to walk blindly into anywhere with impunity. Based on my experience leveling 50-60 on a monk, I'd recommend the following:

Befriend competent shamans and duo with them whenever possible. This will likely be your fastest and most reliable exp setup. Some good duo spots for your early 50s are CoM temple and moat camps, Sol B zone-in and bats and bugs, and the Karnor's Castle 'dog tower' camp. The Sol B zone in is especially underrated as a duo spot for that level.

If you can't find a shaman to duo with, then just throw up LFG in good old KC, join this or that random exp group, and get to mastering the art of dungeon-group chain-pulling.

Swish
05-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Find a necro and do High Elf guards to 54, or nobles in Highkeep.

If you're really hurting for something to do solo and don't want to split them or have to deal with the guards there's a single noble on the next floor up (6 min respawn).

Clark
05-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Fortunately you have FD and should be able to walk blindly into anywhere with impunity. Based on my experience leveling 50-60 on a monk, I'd recommend the following:

Befriend competent shamans and duo with them whenever possible. This will likely be your fastest and most reliable exp setup. Some good duo spots for your early 50s are CoM temple and moat camps, Sol B zone-in and bats and bugs, and the Karnor's Castle 'dog tower' camp. The Sol B zone in is especially underrated as a duo spot for that level.

If you can't find a shaman to duo with, then just throw up LFG in good old KC, join this or that random exp group, and get to mastering the art of dungeon-group chain-pulling.

Good post. Lguk is also a good spot to check out.

Oglepole
05-31-2014, 08:52 PM

Exactly what I was looking for information wise. Thanks!

Oglepole
06-01-2014, 02:59 AM
For any other new level 50+'s who wander into here, I took the suggested above advice and tried some of the things out.

Gathered up a group and tried out The hole. Was indeed a good spot, my group did not last to long though due to tank DCing. Over all a lot of fun though and pretty safe.

I then made the mistake of trying the suggestion of going to KC and LFG :D.

I found a friendly Necromancer there - we were doing some fear kiting, but then some Azraels zoned in and they were not friendly :(. That or they hate Iskars who /wave with them. Either way that was my first time being hunted down by a cleric - very funny. Neat looking zone though(first time being in there), and the experience for the short time I was in there seemed great. Ill have to pray to the EQ gods I can sneak into some solid groups in there when they are not around.

Probably try sol b suggestion tomorrow.

Clark
06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
It does have t staff tho.....

Sooo rare though! I'm at like 1 staff in 400+ warlords.