PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Dyn dizzing draught

Gusta
08-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Noticed today when playing that if i use Dyn dizzing draught or whril till you Hurl that if the mob is moving it carrys on moving then when the stun finnishes it warps back is annoying as goes oor of spells ect.

guineapig
08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Also, Dyn's should be draining mana from the mobs and debuffing them since PoSky is live.

Dyn's Dizzying Draught has been altered slightly. It now reduces AC, Agility, and drains mana as well as spinning the target.

This patch came out after Sky but before Kunark.

source: http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000217b.html

Not sure if it's doing any of that now.

Striiker
08-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Is that the benefit of using Dyn's? I used it once but saw that it had a long recast and didn't seem to be as useful as Whirl. Yes, the effect lasted longer but Whirl refreshed in time to recast when it wore off. I am asking in case I am missing something with Dyn's which would merit a second look.

guineapig
08-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Is that the benefit of using Dyn's? I used it once but saw that it had a long recast and didn't seem to be as useful as Whirl. Yes, the effect lasted longer but Whirl refreshed in time to recast when it wore off. I am asking in case I am missing something with Dyn's which would merit a second look.

For one thing you can pretty safely sit down after casting this spell assuming you have a halfway decent tank. By the time the stun breaks the tank should have regained aggro. Also this spell is perfect against mobs that run early or heal themselves.

When I'm in stun mode I tend to have 2-3 stun spells loaded and I shift between each one. Combine that with the Stun rod from Solro and you can keep casters perma-stunlocked all by yourself while your tank or pet hacks away at it.

Typically, I would do the following:

Tash,
Dyn's,
Whirl,
Color Skew,
Whirl,
(You can even add a 4th one depending on how resistant the mobs are to your lower level stuns.)

rinse/repeat.

EDIT: Also in the planes, Dyn's tends to get resisted much less than Whirl.