PDA

View Full Version : My solution

Dartagnan
12-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok. This is an attempt to find a fair solution and to set aside differences. What do you think? This works with the assumption that our GMs will release Plane of Hate early.

I understand that we all want a classic experience, but it is evident that we are outpacing content here. Unlike 1999, we all know what we are doing and as a result, we are leveling faster and obtaining loot faster. Opening Plane of Hate a month early will put a lot of conflict to rest.

Here is my solution:

Each week is a planes week for IB or Trans. In addition, each guild gets a dragon.

Here is an example:

Week 1:

IB takes Plane of Fear (including all content in plane of fear such as a CT kill). They also get Nagafen.

Transcendence takes Plane of Hate (including all content in plane of hate such as Inny). They also get Vox.

We would then switch off. Fire giants and Phinny could also be worked out this way too.

Doing it this way provides MORE than enough content for both guilds during a week long period.

It is evident that a rotation is the way the GMs want this server to run, so let's make the most of it by allowing us to have our schedules full. This way will make it happen.

Allizia
12-17-2009, 09:47 PM
The only think I don't like about all inclusive week long rotations is that it is way to easy to just wait until the night of your last day then kill all the 7 day spawns so they skip over the next rotation. (I've done it myself)

It also gets hella boring doing the same thing for a week

Dartagnan
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Well you get the idea. We can split the week in a half or tweek it. I think the main thing is that PoH needs to come out now. There is too much of a bottleneck.

Allizia
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Well you get the idea. We can split the week in a half or tweek it. I think the main thing is that PoH needs to come out now. There is too much of a bottleneck.

Agreed, PoH is basically the twin to PoF. They belong together

I feel that PoS should not be released for a while though, there are drops/quests there that completely trivialize most dragon/planes gear

karsten
12-17-2009, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0habxsuXW4g

Pyrocat
12-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Agreed, PoH is basically the twin to PoF. They belong together

I feel that PoS should not be released for a while though, there are drops/quests there that completely trivialize most dragon/planes gear

Agreed, POH needs to open ASAP and PoS needs to wait until a few months before Kunark. This mirrors the classic timeline as well.

Ektar
12-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Dude. music videos baffle me.

But I do think this song should be the theme of a montage in rocky 7.

Bubbles
12-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Only problem with this solution is it's only designed for 2 guilds, and hinges upon the removal of manastones, guises, jboots, and the introduction of a whole line of class specific questable armor.

It's removing a whole lot of desirable content for 98% of the server to appease the top 2%.

Witness
12-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Only problem with this solution is it's only designed for 2 guilds, and hinges upon the removal of manastones, guises, jboots, and the introduction of a whole line of class specific questable armor.

It's removing a whole lot of desirable content for 98% of the server to appease the top 2%.

I support this. Please do not advance the timeline for the 2%

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 05:05 PM

Nah, I'm not advocating for the big Sol Ro nerf patch, just bring PoH out early. I think the biggest problem with sticking to this original schedule is the inability to control progression due to the variables of people knowing what's going to happen.

Hasbinbad
12-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Ok. This is an attempt to find a fair solution and to set aside differences. What do you think? This works with the assumption that our GMs will release Plane of Hate early.

I understand that we all want a classic experience, but it is evident that we are outpacing content here. Unlike 1999, we all know what we are doing and as a result, we are leveling faster and obtaining loot faster. Opening Plane of Hate a month early will put a lot of conflict to rest.

Here is my solution:

Each week is a planes week for IB or Trans. In addition, each guild gets a dragon.

Here is an example:

Week 1:

IB takes Plane of Fear (including all content in plane of fear such as a CT kill). They also get Nagafen.

Transcendence takes Plane of Hate (including all content in plane of hate such as Inny). They also get Vox.

We would then switch off. Fire giants and Phinny could also be worked out this way too.

Doing it this way provides MORE than enough content for both guilds during a week long period.

It is evident that a rotation is the way the GMs want this server to run, so let's make the most of it by allowing us to have our schedules full. This way will make it happen.

This is basically a rotation, which is what we have now - and which nobody likes.
That being said, if we DO have to have a rotation, this is a great way to do it. Allizia brought up a good point, about waiting until the last minute of your turn to drop 7 day bosses - so maybe a 24 hour time limit on those bosses before it becomes FFA? Also Bubbles brings up a good point that this solution is (currently) tailored to 2 guilds. When there are 3 raiding guilds, we can just split the content up more: guild 1 gets hate, guild 2 gets fear, guild 3 gets dragons. 4 raiding guilds? Not likely to happen until sky comes out, making this fine, but if it does happen, one dragon? Skip a week? Any of these solutions are fair, but they all eliminate any competition, which is a negative in my opinion.
I like my idea better, but if it comes down to a situation where we cannot agree, this sort of rotation (week instead of day based) is preferable to me.

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 06:01 PM
I like the idea Hasbin, but it's too much structure. GMs will have to police it and there is a lot of potential for things to go wrong. For example, those who are better geared have a better chance at winning. I can see problems happening when newer guilds want to enter but will have less chance against those awesome IB guys :)

Personally, if we were to do a drafting type of system, I think a simple /random 0 100 would work out much better. It is quick and easy and doesn't require a weekly event where potential zone crashes, GM policing, etc. will have to happen.

We all know the garbage that goes on the forums for a PvP server and that is exactly what will happen with this. IB cheated because blah blah blah. Trans buffed one of their guys, blah blah blah. Divinity has no chance for first pick because Dartagnan rocks, blah blah blah.

However, I think a big point should be made that can help out with a lot of things is this, regardless of whatever system we choose, if your guild wipes out on an encounter legitimately (ddos attacks, lag, etc. don't count), the next pick gets to attempt. I feel that this is a fair compromise because it does reward organization and effort.

Would the rest of you agree? I think that is only fair. It will allow guilds to have a chance, but also add a level of competition.

I am more than willing to do Hasbin's idea if this was the case, or if we were to do a rotation based on /random.

I think this is a good idea all and we are closer to having a comprise.

Bubbles
12-18-2009, 06:19 PM
IF we go with Hasbin's dueling idea.. it's 100x more awesome if guild b picks who from guild a is fighting, and vice versa. :)

Example, IB has first pick and picks which Trans member is dueling.. The Trans member picked gets to choose the IB member of his same class to duel against..

Two times the calling out! :)

Hasbinbad
12-18-2009, 06:24 PM
IF we go with Hasbin's dueling idea.. it's 100x more awesome if guild b picks who from guild a is fighting, and vice versa. :)

I thought about this, but it would just promote the bad people being on alts when crunchtime comes..

Also, about the cheating etc and GM enforcement.. That would only happen if foul play happened, in which case we can always just go back to rotation or try another idea.

Hasbinbad
12-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I also think a 24 hours to engage but then 2 (legit) attempts - or a time limit to kill after engagement - is more fair. Anyone can have one bad attempt, especially if another guild is nipping at their heels, but 2 wipes means you're not up to the task.

Wonton
12-18-2009, 06:26 PM

YES!

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 06:28 PM
But wouldn't you agree that allowing measures to be in place for failure will help out competition?

Guild A picked Nagafen. They wiped. According to established rules (just an example here) Guild B has 30 minutes to get there and engage, otherwise it is still Guild A's.

I think my problem with the current rotation system is that it just freely hands out raid mobs to people. If there are checks and balances placed, I am more than fine doing a rotation, but failures should be punished.

I mean when you die you loose xp in this game. That's part of the EQ experience. I just feel that the current rotation system is Wowified.

I know that we will try harder not to screw anything up if we know that our failure to do something will result in someone else being able to take our encounter.

In addition, this will work as other guilds enter. Guild A has Nagafen, they wipe. Guild B and Guild C are all ready to go within that 30 minute time frame. Guild B and Guild C /random to see who gets to go.

I mean obviously we need to work out the details but if we do this I am all for Champions, Rotation, whatever. I think this is a fair compromise between us all.

Ektar
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Neh... picking your opponent in the opposing guild is kind of silly. It changes it from "best of guild vs best of guild" to "worst of guild vs worst of guild" you know? That's not true competition... it's more like shit they're picking on our hidden weak point. Also, just out of fairity, IB is basically all 50 and trans isn't. I'm pickin one of your level 30s to duel=p. I think champion vs champion > jester vs jester

this user was banned
06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Years later: same shit different names

Hailto
06-18-2013, 03:06 PM
We need the final solution.

this user was banned
06-18-2013, 03:07 PM
We need the final solution.

Give all the merbs to IB

Lyra
06-18-2013, 03:37 PM
There was a time, when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words were inviting
There was a time, when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time, then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and tasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
As they turn your dream to shame

He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed

this user was banned
06-18-2013, 04:12 PM
I just sharted in my pants

Bubbles
06-18-2013, 08:03 PM
I still like hasbin's dueling idea for raid spawns.

Because lets face it, watching 2 paladins slowly whittle each other down over the course of an hour would be pretty hilarious.

Btw notice how no one in this thread championed twitter, bat phones, poop socking, raid target kiting, and god knows whatever else.