PDA

View Full Version : FTE improvments or removal for Tier-C

Hyjal
05-28-2014, 06:56 PM
I have heard many rumblings from members within the community on how the new FTE rules need to be changed. I was curious if anyone has these same thoughts besides the folks I actively speak to.

We tried to eliminate elite guilds from getting all the content and I think we achieved that. We have 2 Tiers now. Tier-R has lockout periods and even a rotation that is player mandated. Although not all guilds are on that rotation, its a step forward in distributing loot within that community of players. I can appreciate what strides have been made to improve the raid scene on this server since the new rules have been implemented.

Players are killing dragons and gods for the first time since their original EQ days, or even for the first time ever. People are getting loot they would otherwise never see, and so far the Tiers have been a successful as the ending is near for Kunark. But with some issues I'd like to address...

First off, I'd like to talk about the state of Tier-C. By eliminating normal EQ rules of engagement (ie. DPS groups) for these tiers, we have practically trivialized the game by creating an auto target spamming environment. Yes, its their choice, but we made Tier-C for the best interest of that community. As it stands, In order to compete for raid targets you have to have at least 1-2 dedicated players to sit at their computer and spam auto target nearest PC until their fingers bleed.

Are the raid rules in place better than what they were before? That's debatable. And im not even sure about that. I think creating the Tier system has been a success, but we also developed a very flawed system for Tier-C in the process, and thats FTE.

FTE has become nothing but an auto target coin flip for Tier-C. Having to deal with all the stalling tactics like CH swords, warrior + cleric combo trackers, bards kiting for extended periods of time then playing dumb is happening more and more...This will continue into Velious and with each raid target having its each rule and not being made public more headaches are surely going to ensue.

The system in place definitely has a structure that works, and Is more complacent in the Tier-R tier, but to say Tier-C has a healthy raiding atmosphere would be doing the community an injustice.

Both guilds currently in Tier-C are very well established, have great leadership, and can provide large raid forces with just about any class in the game.

This allows Tier-C guilds to develop strategy for raid targets again, rather than first to FTE and the massive trains, stalls, suspensions, and headaches that ensue with guilds not caring about anything but maximizing their FTE they spent 16 hours auto targeting for.

Tier-C Guilds can develop strategies that are more in line with how EQ is played, They can choose to let other guilds zone in first if they feel the situation needs it. They can develop KS groups that will need to survive and be organized until said target is dead. All these strategy's are difficult to execute, but would bring the Tier-C raid scene back to to a healthy competition between guilds that know how to play the game.

So what if a IB monk pulls a target off a TMO monk. Or vice versa? Maybe its because the other monk actually got the right items to make the pull off. Entire guilds may need to be coordinated to run to a target to kill it before the other guild. Also taking a great deal of strategy and execution. This brings the element of skill back to the game.

Now the question is? If we remove FTE For Tier-C. Do we allow Tier-C guilds to go back to normal ways of poop-socking and camping under spawn points? That should be left up to them. They are Tier-C after-all. I think limiting guilds to zone in's would be a fair solution with FTE out of the picture. Less micromanaging rules, more Everquest.

Would appreciate any additional comments. This is my opinion only and am okay with others disagreeing with my views or the idea of this post being completely shot down. Although If enough interested is gathered, I'd like to post the second half I wrote on Tier-R (with only minor changes compared to Tier-C)

Thanks for reading !

Hyjal - Leader of Doljonijarnimorinar

Ella`Ella
05-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Make Class-C No-CSR/No PnP.

Splorf22
05-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Everyone in class C has to turn in their PVP book. C = competition!