PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Some FTE shouts are Not Zonewide

caleros
05-28-2014, 06:42 AM
Currently there was some confusion during the current dracoliche kill as to who had the FTE, I think the problem could stem from the possibility that draco's FTE message isn't zonewide or is bugged in some manner. I know some bosses shouts aren't zonewide and I'm hoping this could be looked into possibly fixed so future disputes don't occur, zones like VP are 100% zonewide FTE messages so there's never any confusion.

There might be more but the 2 I specifically know are not functioning zonewide are Trakanon and Innoruuk. Twice we've done Inny where there was confusion over who currently had FTE since he DT's and then re-agros so only the pullers can see the message and they typically die instantly. People at the zone-in room cannot see the FTE messages.

Trakanon could potentially cause some confusion for say if the raid leader is still at zonein and engages are changing hands. I used to think it was just an issue of Z-axis but all the shouts in VP work just fine and are zonewide.

Trak: Me at zonein with bind sight on a jugg
http://imgur.com/a/2VaXm

Daldaen
05-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Trakanon, Inny, Nagafen are all not zone wide.

Faydedar, Gorenaire, Talendor, Severilous are all zone wide.

I forget about the rest.

Alunova
05-28-2014, 08:36 AM
On one hand, why would you expect your raid leader to stay actively informed from zone in? That is not the purpose of FTE shouts.

On the other, there are inconsistencies.

Trakanon, Inny, Nagafen are all not zone wide.

Fixed, pending update.

Note: These changes can still be reverted back if other developers decide they want it left as is.

caleros
06-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Thanks for patching that Alunova :)

I'll keep an eye out but as of today all I know is Dracoliche's shout is still not zonewide