PDA

View Full Version : another blank server list thread

Workshop35
05-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I've been reading through all the threads posted here about this issue and haven't found an answer. I do have an interesting situation though so maybe this can help shed some light on the problem.

First of all, my eqhost.txt file is correct and I read the FAQ about it. I also read a ton of threads in the forums and other info from google searches and haven't seen my particular case.

I'm running p99 in linux using wine. I also have it installed in windows 8 on the same laptop. While using the wireless, I can see the server list in windows, however it won't show in linux. If I connect it with an ethernet cable, it shows up fine in linux.

A lot of discussion has been had regarding this issue and I see many comments revolving around router/isp problems. With my example above, I don't believe that it could be a router or isp issue (at least in my case). Would making the server list poll timeout longer alleviate this problem? And is that possible to alter or is that something that requires a patch? I have yet to see any kind of setting regarding it so I'm assuming its not as simple as opening an .ini and making a value larger...