PDA

View Full Version : rarity of manastones

guineapig
12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I feel that I just have to ask this.

How rare of a drop is it exactly on this server?
I keep hearing about people having multiples and while I know that some of it is just joking around and BS, but I can't help but wonder. It seems to be camped constantly... frankly I would love to know how many exist on the server by now.

Do you have to camp for one for hours? Or days? I would like to at least get my hand on one truly classic rare in game item (it's part of reliving the 1999 experience after all).

It would be neat to get one of these if I could theoretically get one within a few hours. But if it's much rarer than that I don't think it would be worth what little time I have to play.

Des
12-17-2009, 05:34 PM
just one of those items you have to camp... at least it still drops.

Taluvill
12-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I personally saw 3 drop in 4 kills, then not another for 2 straight days. idk. It just depends on your luck i guess.

Would say there is close to 250-300 atm? maybe thats a bit much, but you get the picture. some people have one for each alt.

guineapig
12-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. Kinda what I figured but wanted to hear it from somebody else.

Clayton
12-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Penoy had about eight on him.

Danth
12-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I believe there are more manastones than active players on the server.

Danth

guineapig
12-18-2009, 02:10 PM
In that case I will be accepting the donation of a manastone from somebody with 2 or more.
Don't be greedy people!!!

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Manastones are overdone here on this server because everyone knows about them. This server is a good experience but people aren't ignorant like they were in 1999.

What I love is the fact that people are going to attach market price for these stones as if it was 1999. By all means, these stones should not be that expensive right now due to so many being around.

Bigcountry23
12-18-2009, 03:54 PM
the problem isn't that so many people know about them, it's that so many people know that they are GOING AWAY.

Willing to bet if Nilbog posted tomorrow that Manastones dropping will be a permanent part of this server, we would start to see them on the market and the perma camps would dissapear (why spend hours camping/hording something that won't sell for 100k in a few months).

exshaman
12-18-2009, 04:37 PM
the problem isn't that so many people know about them, it's that so many people know that they are GOING AWAY.

I interpreted the progression thread differently, I think. Is this server doing the same as live (just removing the loot chance) or are they removing the stones themselves?

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 04:56 PM

Willing to bet if Nilbog posted tomorrow that Manastones dropping will be a permanent part of this server, we would start to see them on the market and the perma camps would dissapear (why spend hours camping/hording something that won't sell for 100k in a few months).

Manastones will become less valuable once Kunark comes out. The best time to sell will be after they are taken out and before Kunark where they are not usable.

Bubbles
12-18-2009, 05:00 PM
I interpreted the progression thread differently, I think. Is this server doing the same as live (just removing the loot chance) or are they removing the stones themselves?

They won't remove the stones.

The stones simply *will* not work in Planes and Kunark+ expansion zones.. Thats how live handled it.

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Manastones were removed and those that were in existence did not work in later expansions.

Incredible
12-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Then why hoard them now? so no one can raid the targets that some other guilds do? Seems like a lot of effort to kill a raid boss?