PDA

View Full Version : Unknown error while trying ot join server

Pyxil
05-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Good Day,

I have recently had a successfully resolved IP Exception petition: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152160

Both my husband and I fully logged out of the game client, I restarted my PC and we both attempted to log back into the game. He was successful but now I am getting a "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server." error message.

I hate to be a pain in the butt :D

Pyxil
05-26-2014, 08:29 AM
This issue is still persisting so I am bumping up this thread.

Thulack
05-26-2014, 09:07 AM
That error has nothing to do with ip exemption. you would get a IP block message if the exemption didnt go through and you were trying to logon. It's something else with your connection.

Eunomia
05-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Moving this to Technical Discussion for community input.

Pyxil
05-26-2014, 01:42 PM
OK, I have taken the following steps:

1) Attempted to log into my account using my Husbands computer (he has been connecting and playing fine). Got same error.

2) Reset Router and Restarted PC this also initiated an IP reset. Tried to log into my account on my PC, still receiving unknown error message.

3) Logged into the Project 1999 PVP (RED) server... it allowed me to log in fine, create a char etc.

4) Uninstalled and reinstalled EQ Titanium following the directions from the getting started board. Still able to log into the PVP server but not the PVE server.

Please note that before my husband logged into the server for the first time and initiated the Dual IP Block on my account, I was playing the game fine. He is currently online playing fine as well through the same router.

I do not believe that this is an issue with my computer or my internet connection since I can log into the PVP server just fine, can someone please assist me? Could there have been a configuration issue/mistake when initiating my IP Exception request?

fishingme
05-26-2014, 05:39 PM
have you ever logged into your account before?

Pyxil
05-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes, I had logged into my account, made a character and played it for an hour before my husband logged on.

When he logged into the server it kicked me out and gave me the Dual IP temporary block error.

I then successfully petitioned and they took the block off and since that time I have gotten the unknown error message when I try to log in.

My husband and I have both been successfully playing on the PVP server to get our EQ feet under us again but all the rest of my friends are on the PVE server and I dislike PVP.

fishingme
05-26-2014, 05:59 PM
sounds like something you might need to petition for a GM to help you, if you can log into red server then you should be able to log into blue.

The only thing i can think of is that you may have two applications of EQ running whether it's on your own computer or another computer which if it's on another computer then maybe you have your account logged in at character select screen.

Pyxil
05-26-2014, 06:12 PM
No, I do not have another account session going on someone else's computer... It was a GM that put me in this forum ROFLMAO. I will re-petition.

fishingme
05-26-2014, 06:17 PM
No, I do not have another account session going on someone else's computer... It was a GM that put me in this forum ROFLMAO. I will re-petition.

Edit: Just doesn't make sense, yeah petition it. If you can't login on your husbands computer, but you guys can both log into red, it just doesn't make sense that it's a problem a non-gm can help with.

Koota
05-26-2014, 10:15 PM
This is going to sound silly, but log completely in to a character on BLUE server first. Then log out, and log on to red (assuming that is where you're trying to log on to, because your husband is there)

fishingme
05-27-2014, 01:16 AM
This is going to sound silly, but log completely in to a character on BLUE server first. Then log out, and log on to red (assuming that is where you're trying to log on to, because your husband is there)

well it sounds like she's completely unable to log into blue, but can login to red.

Pyxil
05-27-2014, 09:04 AM
That is correct, since my husband logged into Blue for the first time it kicked me off the blue server and I have not been able to log in again... even after the IP exemption was initiated.

I have created another petition on the Bug forum...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1468649

fishingme
05-27-2014, 09:18 AM
just to make sure, you're using eqgame.exe with the patchme?

Pyxil
05-27-2014, 09:36 AM
I am using the "Launch Titanium" windows batch file like it says in the Getting Started string...

Pyxil
05-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Oh My Goodness... I just logged in to see if there were any changes and I am now able to log into the BLUE server... if anyone out there did anything thank you... if not sorry for being impatient and potentially wasting time :) thank you to everyone that has provided me support I have felt the love... see you all in game... Level 1 WE Druid named Pyxil :D