PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get quick VS faction back? :P

Varsha
05-25-2014, 04:48 PM
I had quite a good blond moment last night.

Friends were online, I joined the group and suggested xping in Kaesora. We stayed at the bottom, where Xalgoz is spawning, killed him a few times. Fun group, nice people, I never saw the faction hits for the 5 hours we were there. I totally blame Erydan for it. Its the bard sparkles! I wasn't paying attention much to chat :P

AFTER the group. I gate back to Overthere. try to sell some junk to vendor (Im a dark elf)....THEY WONT TALK TO ME. Crap, dubious with them wtf. I check the mobs we killed on the wiki, all -30 VS faction hit. WE WERE THERE FIVE HOURS!!!! :P

So I went from amiable to dubious. You know whats the funny part? ALL I HAD TO DO was turn in the jade to get my OT hammer. But NOOOOOOOO I can do it later right?

EQ the hard way :P I guess its back to turnin braids for now to try to get faction for a place to vendor :P Anyone got better ideas? Or some other easier faction grind for a vendoring spot in Kunark?

Pheer
05-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Fastest way? Killing elven dancers in VP. Requires a VP key though.

Easiest? Get someone to let you use a charge of puppet strings to get your OT hammer. As far as vendoring either grind the faction or settle for using the greedy vendor out by the lake in OT.

Cecily
05-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Have any idea how many dancers it takes? My alt rogue is still KoS.

As far as vendoring either grind the faction or settle for using the greedy vendor out by the lake in OT.

Aren't all the OT merchants greedy?

Clark
05-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Fortunately OT hammers have reduced a lot.

Varsha
05-25-2014, 05:04 PM
As far as vendoring either grind the faction or settle for using the greedy vendor out by the lake in OT.

I totally forgot about that. Thanks!

Erydan Ouragan
05-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh shit.

Varsha
05-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Oh shit.

Hey who suggested Kaesora? It was meeeeeeee! :P

Scrubosaur
05-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Sarnak warbraids 4 at a time to cptn rotgrime

Castigate
05-25-2014, 07:32 PM
If something I saw when I was reporting some bugs with HS the other day is correct, you shouldn't lose nearly that much rep in Kaesora. Will need to look back into it, but I remember there being at least 1 post from back in the day saying you could spend nearly a week in there or KC and still not be KoS, whereas a few hours in HS would drop you all the way down.

Pheer
05-25-2014, 09:43 PM
Have any idea how many dancers it takes? My alt rogue is still KoS.

not that many

Aren't all the OT merchants greedy?

i dont think the ones in the outpost are but I dont use them very often so I can't say im 100% sure

Messianic
05-25-2014, 09:58 PM
i dont think the ones in the outpost are but I dont use them very often so I can't say im 100% sure

All outpost merchants are greedy.

Pheer
05-25-2014, 11:45 PM
All outpost merchants are greedy.

Id say fuck the faction then, just use the iksar merchant by the pond

Varsha
05-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Faction I would lose once I get to xp in Karnor anyway. How much is worth MQ for hammer these days?

captnamazing
05-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Faction I would lose once I get to xp in Karnor anyway. How much is worth MQ for hammer these days?

Generally see them sold in EC for ~5k. However, if you're in a good raiding guild you will often be able to get one for just the cost of recharging puppet strings.

fastboy21
05-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Just be happy you weren't kos when you gated home....death loop sucks.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Correct me if Iam incorrect, but the gate spot for the hammer is not a KOS spot. You can hammer there, then carefully invis out of the outpost. Avoid the skellies, and sneak past the golem.

edit: may need to ITU out from that spot. skellie workers abound. And as I say, just sneak past the golem.

Varsha
05-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Generally see them sold in EC for ~5k. However, if you're in a good raiding guild you will often be able to get one for just the cost of recharging puppet strings.

Ouch... Now I feel bad I didn't do the turn in BEFORE I left to go xp :P I guess Ill just keep lvling for now and farm for some cash later on. Learning the hard way :P

Pheer
05-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Correct me if Iam incorrect, but the gate spot for the hammer is not a KOS spot. You can hammer there, then carefully invis out of the outpost. Avoid the skellies, and sneak past the golem.

edit: may need to ITU out from that spot. skellie workers abound. And as I say, just sneak past the golem.

If you hug the wall behind the undead foreman you shouldnt agro him

Tulnavara
05-26-2014, 07:11 PM

Multiple posts in the EC auction forum selling them for 2.5-3k. I personally used Zoesha (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141271) and it was quick and painless. Definitely worth it imo.

Freakish
05-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I spent 30 minutes yesterday killing Elven Dancers in VP as they respawned and I went from Scowls -> Scowls. I know they were really good when dancers were put in but it appears the faction hits were adjusted.

Cecily
05-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Probably worthless +1 kills then. Dammit.

Erydan Ouragan
05-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Then just kill several thousands, what are you, a casual?

Pheer
05-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Probably worthless +1 kills then. Dammit.

They used to give the same hits as a dragon, guess they must have ninja nerfed it cause I dont remember it being in patch notes.

Droog007
05-27-2014, 04:08 PM
All you lost was a [basically] free OT hammer and and convenient access to certain spells. Enter the entrepreneur.

Anyone can bank in OT if they're clever. The merchants suck. You're better off working up faction in FV or Cabilis.

loramin
05-27-2014, 04:31 PM
You're better off working up faction in FV or Cabilis.

Seriously, Ventril Sathir faction is a cruel joke. There are three (or actually I think four?) different dungeons that ruin VS faction, including two of the top end dungeons. Trying to keep your VS faction up means seriously limiting your play options. IMHO evil races should just kill pirates for awhile (to get your FV faction up), use puppet strings to get the hammer, and then forget that vendors and a bank even exist in the OT.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Seriously, Ventril Sathir faction is a cruel joke. There are three (or actually I think four?) different dungeons that ruin VS faction, including two of the top end dungeons. Trying to keep your VS faction up means seriously limiting your play options. IMHO evil races should just kill pirates for awhile (to get your FV faction up), use puppet strings to get the hammer, and then forget that vendors and a bank even exist in the OT.

Killing goblins in ww is the fastest way to raise FV and cab faction simultaneously.

talian21
07-27-2014, 02:55 PM
You can also just tag the mobs right outside VP for vs faction, w/o needing a VP key. Considering there's a vendor at the OT lake that sells for same prices as outpost, that you can OT hammer safely while KOS, and that you can bank in OT thru the wall safely while KOS, you may wish to reconsider whether VS faction is even worth it. My .02