PDA

View Full Version : "Could not verify eqgame.exe!"

Supa Powa
05-24-2014, 10:04 AM
I am trying to get the emulauncher to work however when I put in the path and try to save it gives me that error... "Could not verify eqgame.exe!"

I have gone through the steps of installation more times than I can count at this point and ever tried redoing everything from scratch. I am not sure what could be causing this error, any ideas?

Champion_Standing
05-24-2014, 10:10 AM
I really don't know how to get the launcher to work, afaik it doesn't even update the P99 files correctly. What you can do is manually download the patch from the "getting started" thread, and make a shortcut to eqgame.exe on your desktop, edit the properties and change the target to

"X:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

That will let you launch the game without using a patcher. But if you really want one...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133468 is a player made browser based patcher/auction tracker/map app thing.

Supa Powa
05-24-2014, 10:13 AM
I see, I thought you had to have both. Either way it still doesn't work. If I load into the server login it just hangs there.

myriverse
05-24-2014, 10:19 AM
EmuLauncher hasn't been used for P99 for a long time now.

The launcher even tells you P99 not supported.

Supa Powa
05-24-2014, 10:49 AM
EmuLauncher hasn't been used for P99 for a long time now.

The launcher even tells you P99 not supported.

Well I am not sure what to tell you. I followed the instructions provided within the site. When I try to access using the patchme shortcut it just hangs there.

fishingme
05-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Well I am not sure what to tell you. I followed the instructions provided within the site. When I try to access using the patchme shortcut it just hangs there.

don't use the emu launcher. Use just the shortcut with the patchme, verify that you changed the txt file correctly (the one that chooses the login sever), and make sure you have downloaded the latest patch from p99 homepage. Are you using titanium or the other client?

Supa Powa
05-24-2014, 11:07 AM
don't use the emu launcher. Use just the shortcut with the patchme, verify that you changed the txt file correctly (the one that chooses the login sever), and make sure you have downloaded the latest patch from p99 homepage. Are you using titanium or the other client?

Ya I have verified that its been correctly modified for the host. I downloaded the latest patch as well. I downloaded the only option there was from the site, Rain of Fear.

fishingme
05-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Ya I have verified that its been correctly modified for the host. I downloaded the latest patch as well. I downloaded the only option there was from the site, Rain of Fear.

Okay, you need the Everquest Titanium client to play. You will also need to go to here

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

go down to step 4 and download the file and put it into your EQ directory. I have never heard of rain of fear, unsure what that is. But P99 works best/mainly supported for Everquest titanium, there is one other game set that it supports (the name escapes me) but people have had trouble with getting p99 to work with it.

myriverse
05-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Rain of Fear is the EQ expansion released a couple years ago.

Secrets of Faydwer (and a few other expansions) works with other Emulators, but not Project 1999 (hasn't since long before I got here). As far as I know, P99 requires Titanium.

Supa Powa
05-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Okay, you need the Everquest Titanium client to play. You will also need to go to here

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

go down to step 4 and download the file and put it into your EQ directory. I have never heard of rain of fear, unsure what that is. But P99 works best/mainly supported for Everquest titanium, there is one other game set that it supports (the name escapes me) but people have had trouble with getting p99 to work with it.

Completed that task and still just hanging on the login screen.

fishingme
05-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Completed that task and still just hanging on the login screen.

Hmm, windows 7? Running eq as adminstrator?

fishingme
05-24-2014, 12:44 PM
oohh wait, so you downloaded/patched using the normal patcher that connects to the live servers? You'll need a fresh install of your client then. Don't download anything from them.