PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Intimidation skill (rogue, at least)

Itchybottom
08-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Intimidation gains points faster than classic. Grinding to level 40, and spamming it on corpses, pets, other players and the crap I was killing on live, I only had it to skill 100 just before I dinged 41. I'm three quarters into level 22 here on Project 1999, and it's already skill 96. I'm not certain of the formula for it, because the tradeskill revamped changed it. There really isn't any documentation on it 'back then', other than theory craft. Post tradeskill revamp it only skilled up upon success, which made it damn near impossible. Maybe make it match the Begging skill for skill-ups? It feels about right.

The other thing of note, when it's succeeded with NPC by water, often times the NPC will swim off and finally return, but the NPC will be under the world kicking my ass. I have to swim out until my z-axis is low enough for me to finally be able to fight back.

guineapig
08-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I think the same thing is happening with Bard Intimidate...haven't paid too much attention to it though. I only use it when a mob is about to run anyway (for the skill ups).