PDA

View Full Version : KIcked back to login screen consistantly

Xer0
05-22-2014, 11:13 AM
So, I know you're all going to say reinstall, but I've done this several times. Even if I stay away from duxas, wineq and eqemu launcher it still does not help.. Hell, I've even formatted my hard drive (for an unrelated issue) and still it keeps booting me back to the login after attempting connect to either server.

Seems like rebooting my computer helps, but after the initial login it doesnt work at all. Any ideas?

Xer0
05-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Actually scratch that last sentence-- I just rebooted the computer and still cannot login. After about ten retries it appears to have taken, hjowever.

Thulack
05-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Its your internet connection man.

Xer0
05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
No it isn't, "man". I am monitoring it closely and since I've switch to a wired connection it has been 100% consistent. If it were indeed my internet connection failing I would not be able to get to the server select. Furthermore, once I get one instance to actually load and am connected, I often attempt to load up a second instance to camp ECtunnel while I lvl on red, and it does not work-- if it were my connection, why would I be able to connect in one instance and not the other?

I recently switched to a hardwired connection because I was having problems with wireless (believe my NIC to be failing). Even on a wired connection I have the same exact problem (withp99)

Additionally, every weekend I take my PC to a buddies house and I have the same exact issue at his house, hardwired or wireless. He does not have this issue at all.

Dungeons & Dragons Online works fine. So does DOTA 2, League, Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, RO2, Steam Downloads, Torrents. None of them are experiencing any sort of fluctuation, a constant 2.0mbps down and 1.0 up.

So anyone have any advice that might actually be useful?

myriverse
05-22-2014, 01:44 PM
No it isn't, "man". I am monitoring it closely and since I've switch to a wired connection it has been 100% consistent. If it were indeed my internet connection failing I would not be able to get to the server select.
Just because you can get to the server select doesn't men your connection will last throughout the entire process. I get to the server select almost always, but my connection often drops after that, and P99 is the only thing this happens with. My connections to the various servers en route to the world server start timing out, and I get dropped.

Furthermore, once I get one instance to actually load and am connected, I often attempt to load up a second instance to camp ECtunnel while I lvl on red, and it does not work-- if it were my connection, why would I be able to connect in one instance and not the other?
That is the way the internet works sometimes.

Beldon
05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
I have not encountered this issue, but have heard of it happening if your NIC drivers are outdated or you used something other than Titanium as your install baseline.
I know you can install with SF and almost get into the game :P Has to be Titanium.

Xer0
05-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Just because you can get to the server select doesn't men your connection will last throughout the entire process. I get to the server select almost always, but my connection often drops after that, and P99 is the only thing this happens with. My connections to the various servers en route to the world server start timing out, and I get dropped.

That is the way the internet works sometimes.

But as I've stated, I'm monitoring my connection stability closely-- The issue is NOT with my internet

I did in fact use Titanium as my client base

And I have the most up-to-date NIC drivers.

Xer0
05-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Matter of a fact, you may notice I have another post towards the bottom of page 1--- I started having this issue after downloading wineq2.0.. Ive been playing for months consecutively without experiencing this issue.

Dethiel
05-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Have you done a release/renew? I've had that problem and it help me

Xer0
06-22-2014, 07:29 AM
I have tried a release/renew and it makes no difference.

90% of the time a reboot will help it, however lately sometimes that doesn't even have an effect.

I've switched from wireless to a hardwired connection, even had a new ISP (time warner) and new router/modem, as far as my network connectivity monitor shows there are no issues with internet connectivity.

Would also like to add that this is clearly not an issue with my internet connection-- The game crashed about 10 minutes ago, I've tried releasing and renewing as well as several restarts to no avail, however when I start a download on Steam it jumps to 3.0 mbps in less than 1 minute and stays there consistently.

Xer0
06-22-2014, 07:56 AM
pc specs:
Windows 7
AMD FX8350 CPU
Nvidia GTX 760 GPU
Onboard Realtek PCI-E Ethernet, most current drivers installed.
Using Wineq2.0

Still cannot connect to red or blue 40 minutes later.

Steam still downloading at a steady 2.0 MBPS while the game continues to tell me it cannot connect. Pausing downloads to alleviate bandwith allocation does not work. Any actual helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Nihilist_santa
06-22-2014, 08:52 AM
I am right there with you Xer0. I spent several hours yesterday attempting to log in and either got kicked at char select back to log in or would get kicked right before making it in game and would have to wait to retry because it says I have an active character. Usually once I make it in game I am ok until I zone then it starts all over again. I only made it into the game 1 time yesterday and every additional attempt for the better part of yesterday failed.

This is pretty frustrating. I can log on to other servers no problem the only server I have issues with is p99s servers.

Xer0
06-27-2014, 12:22 AM
I am right there with you Xer0. I spent several hours yesterday attempting to log in and either got kicked at char select back to log in or would get kicked right before making it in game and would have to wait to retry because it says I have an active character. Usually once I make it in game I am ok until I zone then it starts all over again. I only made it into the game 1 time yesterday and every additional attempt for the better part of yesterday failed.

This is pretty frustrating. I can log on to other servers no problem the only server I have issues with is p99s servers.

Going to keep res'ing this thread until I get some results. I've asked about this several times, and always get the same watered down basic-techs-support bullshit answers.

The problem is not with my internet connection.

Xer0
06-29-2014, 02:46 AM
Sounds like a problem with *somewhere along the* internet connection *ur using* ... ak UR INTERNET..

LOL!

If you'd learn to read, it'd be apparent that it is in no way shape or form my internet.

Xer0
06-29-2014, 02:47 AM
I am getting 16 Mb down and 2 Mb up on speedtest.net at the exact time that the server is not allowing me to reconect. I'm able to download torrents at 3.0 mbs, steadily as well as gams via the steam server with 100% consistency nothing but a minor drop in speed eveyr few minutes (speed never leaves 10 Mbps,) all during the periods of time that the game will not connect

So please explain to me how is it MY internet?

myriverse
06-29-2014, 07:27 AM
If you'd learn to read, it'd be apparent that it is in no way shape or form my internet.
Have you run a traceroute? Whenever this happens to me, it turns out that some server, somewhere, is timing out.

Lyra
06-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Xer0,

I know you're frustrated (I've been there) but try not to be snippy. We really are trying to help and if you stick with it, we'll get you in the game.

Is anything overclocked? GPU or CPU

This can be a simple check mark in a small box you never even noticed.

Nihilist_santa
06-29-2014, 10:21 AM
I am still in the same boat. Ive only made it into the game successfully 1 time in the past 2 weeks. Every instance since has been make it to char select. Char logs in then kicked back to login. When I try to log back in says I have an active character and I have to wait to rinse and repeat. Before in the past it would work itself out after about 10+ attempts but not any longer.

I am putting windows on one of my laptops today and will install EQ there and try from a different connection tomorrow to see if there is any change and will report back with the findings. As it is now p99 is unplayable for me which is super shitty.

Xer0
06-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Xer0,

I know you're frustrated (I've been there) but try not to be snippy. We really are trying to help and if you stick with it, we'll get you in the game.

Is anything overclocked? GPU or CPU

This can be a simple check mark in a small box you never even noticed.

I'm trying not to, and I appreciate the input; But I've made a thread in regards to this circumstance at least two other times and every time the same people say to me "hey guess what its your internet", when I've been to two different ISPs, Three different Modems and three different routers in the time since it has started occuring. (Meanwhile I'm clocking speeds of 16 Mb/1Mb down/up respectively on speed tests and downloading at 3.0 Mb/s.. in the moments that this is occurring. Granted I know this hogs bandwidth so I typically do not leave any downloads on while tryign to connect, just to check connectivity strength)

My GPU and CPU are all clocked at standard speeds.

As far as running a tracert I've not done this, as I'm not sure what IP to trace. Kind of why I came here, as I am not that well versed in the more technical aspects of network troubleshooting (Though I know how to tell when my connectivity is at fault and all signs point to no as far as that is concerned.)

Taminy
06-30-2014, 09:06 AM
I got my 8350 to work EQ, but I needed to underclock my 9590. Try underclocking?

robwiz
06-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Odd, I get this issue every once in a while but today i can't get in at all because it keeps kicking me back to the login screen when i try loading my game :/

Nihilist_santa
06-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Fresh install of win 7 on my laptop and connecting from university today I had no problems. Got home and unable to connect so to the nay sayers this is looking like an ISP issue and not on P99s end as far as I can tell.

Xer0
07-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Fresh install of win 7 on my laptop and connecting from university today I had no problems. Got home and unable to connect so to the nay sayers this is looking like an ISP issue and not on P99s end as far as I can tell.

I've had the issue through two different ISPs in my home (time warner, centurylink) at my buddies house ( WoW cable) as well as through whaever ISP my college uses.

Just because you were able to login this time doesn't mean it's a non-issue. Ill go 2 or 3 days without hgaving issues, just like the last 2 or three days.. not one issue since my last post in this thread. But today, I get home from work and try to log in, i have the same problem. I fail to see how something a simple reboot fixes 70% of the time can have anything to do with my ISP-- if it were so, I imagine I would be able to /release /renew to the same effect, but this does not work.

Sivaeb
07-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Since the latest spell file update this has been killing me. I get into game very infrequently. Still having occasional issue of it telling me spell files are out of date. But today, I tried rebooting like 5x. Got stuck on char select while entering world "you have been disconnected" after about 3 minutes. Did this for about 2 hours and have now decided on a nap

Xer0
07-07-2014, 04:50 PM
This issue is still vexing me as well. It's not as consistent as others are facing, though it's not quite the same. When the issue occurs it is rigth after I've selected a server; the game never sees the first loading screen.

Another strange occurrance is that every now and again upon zone (happens once, maybe twice in a long session of gaming) the game will seemingly crash. Ill get an error stating that "It appears that Everquest may have crashed" and asks if I want to send relevant information. This is a new occurrance, I've not previously had much in the way of issues with crashing, at least not persistently and on zone in.

The strangest part is that when this occurs the game then starts performing erratically, as I've described in countless earlier posts.

Pan
07-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Packetshaping is going on whether anyone will admit it or not. And it doesn't have to be happening at YOUR ISP.

Not saying that's what's going on here...but...

This is a conversation we'll be having in broader venues over the next few years...

Chosn
07-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Same thing here. Tried everything on Google so far, but I'm wondering if my hardware is just not compatible. My motherboard is an ASUS M5A99X R2.0 and CPU is an AMD FX9590. Anybody else able to run the game with that?

wonderdream
07-08-2014, 10:58 PM
I was super stoked to come back after several years away from p99, but now I'm faced with having this same login problem. The thing is for me, it worked just fine on my workstation at work today, which is a sandy bridge i5. But at home I'm using an FX6300 vishera and what it does is bump me right back to login after I select project1999 in the server selection, every single time. I have tried reinstalling 4 times, restarting, and running winEQ with no luck in different combinations. There is one thing in common with us Chosn - the FX processors. Wonder if its just coincidence or part of the problem? Anyone else with the problem on AMD?

Being only able to play at work all the time, my chances of dying would skyrocket! :eek:

Ahmet
07-28-2014, 03:57 PM
Just posted similar thread for this issue. Kicked to login screen directly after server select. See my post and troubleshooting here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1553177#post1553177

Jib
07-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Its your internet connection OP

Vapid
04-14-2017, 07:33 AM
Solved!

It seems to be an issue when overclocking AMD processors. I'm yet to find the root cause ,which i will attempt to solve this weekend.

My game was running fine untill i overclocked my 6350 from 3.9 to 4.7. I wrote my overclock profile down on paper and reset my settings to factory and i connected first time.