PDA

View Full Version : GUI XML Error

India
05-21-2014, 10:32 AM
I posted this down in the Velious forums, but figured it may get seen by more people up here

I'm getting a GUI XML error when I try to login to the beta server.

Here's what I've done

1. copied all of my EQ files over to a new directory
2. updated that directory with the velious patch files
3. created a new shortcut with the correct path
4. logged into p99 and copied my char over
5. launched the velious beta version exe, selected the velious beta server, and the game looks like it's going to launch and then...

Error in your GUI XML. Check your UIErrors.txt file

I check the file and here's a sampling of what is listed:

XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_RoundedFrameInvTitleMiddle[679] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRightBottom[682] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftTop[683] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeft[684] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftBottom[685] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CoinBox[686] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_SpellGemBackground[687] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:HB_SpellGemHighlight[688] referenced but NEVER declared!
[Wed May 21 06:57:43 2014] Error validating symbol table.
[Wed May 21 06:57:43 2014] Error validating symbol table.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Savok
05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Your missing lines from the EQUI_Templates.xml and EQUI_Animations.xml files, go back through the Default UI changes in my sig.

India
05-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks Savok, I'll do that

In the meantime a quick fix was to not copy the UIFiles folder/contents provided in the Velious patch over into my Velious directory. If I copy all the files and omit the UI Files, I can login without issue.

Savok
05-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Yeah don't copy the patch uifiles folder over. I'm making my way through the files on beta now to see if anything changed or if it was a direct copy from normal. I'm also trying to remember when the Velious patch went in and when the bank window went from 8 to 16 slots.

Wrench
05-21-2014, 04:21 PM
some people dont know the difference between copy and replace and copy and merge

India
05-21-2014, 04:42 PM
and others do....