PDA

View Full Version : Dain, Yelinak, Avatar of War, and Statue of Rallos Zek Logs

pasi
05-21-2014, 05:19 AM
These are logs from live and test of the above mobs on a level 81 shaman with 4k AC. If this isn't already obvious, the purpose of these logs is not to gauge mitigation or attack versus these mobs. The purpose of these logs is to look at things such as attack speed, AE rates, proc rates, double attack rates, triple attack rates, quad attack rates, flurry rates, rampage rates, etc. Again, the purpose is to look at the aspects of the NPCs that haven't changed. Era-appropriate logs are far superior for all purposes (especially mitigation), but are not exactly available for everything.

I won't have the time for a few days to analyze these, but the goal is to come up with values for the above mentioned items for all Velious raid NPCs that have not undergone significant changes over the course of live. I'm posting these if anyone wants to get a jump start on this.

If anyone knows any of these NPCs that have undergone documented changes to the above mentioned categories, feel free to chime in.

2x Yelinak Fights. Sloppy (http://www.scribd.com/doc/225402875/2-Yelinak-Logs-Messy)
Yelinak without Languor (http://www.scribd.com/doc/225402849/Yelinak-UNSLOWED-Languor)

Avatar of War (http://www.scribd.com/doc/225402812/Avatar-of-War)

Statue of Rallos Zek (http://www.scribd.com/doc/225402831/Statue-of-Rallos-Zek)

Dain Frostreaver (http://www.scribd.com/doc/225402777/Dain-Frostreaver)

Alunova
05-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Before this gets out of hand, we have to balance bosses to some degree. We do not have an exact copy of the code and values and we try to make the obvious things like min and max hit etc the same as classic. With that said and since we don't have exact values and the exact code for both offense and defense of both players and NPCs, we have to adjust the less obvious stats like rampage/flurry rates, haste and accuracy to keep the challenge approximately where it should be without over inflating any specific stat too much or making anything impossible.

There has to be some room for adjustment or AoW and others would be killed in kunark gear the first day, which is definitely not classic.

pasi
05-21-2014, 07:17 AM
No doubt. You can dig up my post history on AC/tuning. I'm well aware that values are more the issue than code and support individually tuning mobs.

The goal of this was to provide you with flurry chance, rampage chance, AE intervals, proc rates, attack speed, double rates, triple rates, and quad rates. This is the stuff that is possible to obtain close to a true value for. Additionally, it's just a baseline - if you feel the mob is too weak or too strong, it's not like you'll be held to these numbers.

Again, I'm not looking to address mitigation or avoidance (accuracy) here which is the majority of the difficulty.

koros
05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Really really cursory glance at that. AoW only flurried 51 times in ~27 minutes. That can't be right. It must be a true proc on hit ability or was changed at some point?

Splorf22
05-22-2014, 03:40 PM
There has to be some room for adjustment or AoW and others would be killed in kunark gear the first day which is definitely not classic.

I don't think this is possible. The Avatar of War has a DB of 254 and a DI of 45, which means he has a max hit of 704 against a Defensive warrior. If he flurries every round, never misses, and hits for max every time, that's still only 5630 HP. A top Kunark tank has 5500 HP; add in 200 from divine strength and 60 from POTG and they'll have 5750 without any gear upgrades. Throw in a 1.5s CH chain (easy to time with GTT) and sure, maybe you need 20 clerics, but TMO will have 20 clerics. After that its just a matter of having enough zerg dps.

Daldaen
05-22-2014, 03:58 PM
The challenge with AoW will be cleric mana... They won't last long enough. DPS, these ain't no 32k HP dragons, and tank switches - Lols.

Defensive lasts 3minutes, your tank will lose defensive before AoW dies. Getting a new CH rot rolling on a new defensive tank is gonna be rough here. Sure everyone has a SoulFire to spot heal during the interim... But it isn't as easy as the math is showing.

koros
05-22-2014, 07:34 PM
He's theoretically kill-able on day one, no matter what hit max hit %/hit rate/flurry % ends up being, as long as his max hit remains the same. It's just gonna be hard to do. I doubt execution is going to be flawless enough to offset his killing ability if he's tuned to the upper end of the difficulty spectrum for a while.

Course, 25 mages could drop him np.

koros
05-22-2014, 07:36 PM
The challenge with AoW will be cleric mana... They won't last long enough. DPS, these ain't no 32k HP dragons, and tank switches - Lols.

Defensive lasts 3minutes, your tank will lose defensive before AoW dies. Getting a new CH rot rolling on a new defensive tank is gonna be rough here. Sure everyone has a SoulFire to spot heal during the interim... But it isn't as easy as the math is showing.

War calls defensive dropping in 10 seconds, ranger hits weaponshield and spams a mallet, you now have 18 seconds to swap to a new war... every cleric just needs to hit a /target new_war hotkey, shouldn't be that hard.

Nirgon
05-22-2014, 07:50 PM
The shuffling of rangers and warriors should be pretty amusing to watch with proxy aggro

Tikker
05-22-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm curious to see how quick he gets killed

he wasn't PC tanked (successfully) until the day before Luclin went live

Nuggie
05-23-2014, 01:18 AM
Ought to make him so damned hard to kill that the kill means something. I'm not against starting at impossible and tuning down from there. Sounds like more fun that way. Frustrating and gratifying, eq at its finest.

lurk
05-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Course, 25 mages could drop him np.

This. With no rampage and no AE it doesn't matter if he one rounds every pet. Throw in anyone that can cast a pet, any charmed pet, ranged damage and he will fall eventually.

Alunova
05-23-2014, 06:47 AM
War calls defensive dropping in 10 seconds, ranger hits weaponshield and spams a mallet, you now have 18 seconds to swap to a new war... every cleric just needs to hit a /target new_war hotkey, shouldn't be that hard.

Theoretically yes, realistically no. I have watched the beta testing a lot and it will take a while just to get people out of kunark burn tactics. We will not tune him to be impossible, but I won't bet on him being killed the first week either.

Elderan
05-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Theoretically yes, realistically no. I have watched the beta testing a lot and it will take a while just to get people out of kunark burn tactics. We will not tune him to be impossible, but I won't bet on him being killed the first week either.

That is the biggest thing. People have been in Kunark for so long it is going to be a reality check for a lot of them when Velious hits.

Aggro management becomes a huge issue when the fights are 5+ minutes long on even the more basic boss mobs.

Zalaerian
05-23-2014, 12:18 PM
85% of people will never make it thru SG w/o an evac

Nirgon
05-23-2014, 12:53 PM
85% of people will never make it thru SG w/o an evac

You could camp out sitting real tight against the zone in well, log back in and be ported across. Dunno if they can make that happen here.

This also worked for getting back to the zone in for ToV.

Elderan
05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
You could camp out sitting real tight against the zone in well, log back in and be ported across. Dunno if they can make that happen here.

This also worked for getting back to the zone in for ToV.

Lets hope they don't put that in. I am all for classic but implementing things that were clearly bugs is not best of ideas.

Nirgon
05-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Yaw, let's worry about resists and bolts first on the hard to change end.

pasi
05-23-2014, 05:02 PM
Really really cursory glance at that. AoW only flurried 51 times in ~27 minutes. That can't be right. It must be a true proc on hit ability or was changed at some point?

That struck me as odd as well. I'd like to get a copy of more logs to look into that as the flurry rate does seem much lower than expected.

[Wed May 21 03:07:14 2014] The Avatar of War tries to slash YOU, but misses!
[Wed May 21 03:07:14 2014] The Avatar of War tries to slash YOU, but misses!
[Wed May 21 03:07:14 2014] The Avatar of War executes a FLURRY of attacks on Scaleex!

He double attacks me here. Even though both missed, he still flurried. It might be tied to hit rate somehow, but it's not directly dependent on landing a hit like NPC innate procs.

Either way, I'm going to work up Dain and Yelinak first.