PDA

View Full Version : Mapping MS Mouse Button

Beldon
05-19-2014, 11:52 PM
I am having issues mapping some buttons on my MicroSoft Sidewinder X5 Mouse. I have 2 buttons that are used for FWD and Back when surfing the web that I want to use for hotkeys. The program has me call out the exe file for the game. Which file does P99 use? I have tried all of the ones in the EQ directory and nothing....

Beldon
05-21-2014, 01:05 PM
I did some research and found that some games block macro programs. I am guessing that using MS Intellipoint software works like a macro program and it being blocked.

That is my only conclusion thus far.

Valdarious
05-21-2014, 01:23 PM
The game also just plain doesn't recognized extra mouse buttons. I can't get Mouse4 button to be my auto-run. Old game you run into stuff like this.

Rellapse40
05-21-2014, 01:47 PM
The software that came with my mouse..I just programmed the buttons to 1 through 0 on my mouse. I can map the full first hotbar to my mouse (10 buttons).

http://i61.tinypic.com/30svhw7.jpg

Beldon
05-21-2014, 02:01 PM
I can setup my extra button outside of EQ and they work fine. If I set them to say 1,2, and 3 - then in game I can use them as hot buttons. I just can't program them in game or set them to specifically run in that configuration for EQ only.

So I just setup the mouse and run EQ....then when I am done, I return them to default.

Rellapse40
05-21-2014, 02:37 PM
yea that is the only way i have found to do it

Thulack
05-21-2014, 03:42 PM
I can setup my extra button outside of EQ and they work fine. If I set them to say 1,2, and 3 - then in game I can use them as hot buttons. I just can't program them in game or set them to specifically run in that configuration for EQ only.

So I just setup the mouse and run EQ....then when I am done, I return them to default.

Thats the only way you will be able to do it.