PDA

View Full Version : Tracking windows font size

delonm
05-18-2014, 12:39 PM
I have used the /chatfontsize command to change the font in the chat windows, but the command does not affect the text size of the tracking window. Is that a UI setting or xml change I can make to make the text larger?

I run at 2560X1440, so the text is tough to read at default size.

Thanks

Caib
P99 Blue

David Johnson
11-15-2017, 06:43 PM
This is a great question that never received a reply. Anybody?

Senn
11-15-2017, 07:11 PM
1. Navigate to your EQ folder and then the folder called uifiles
2. Create a copy of your chosen UI folder and rename it to something short like 'foo'
3. In your copy of the UI, locate the file called EQUI_TrackingWnd.xml
4. In this file, locate the line that begins <Listbox item="TRW_TrackingList">
5. Within this Listbox element, place a line that reads <Font>5</Font> (perhaps go to the end of the 'BottomAnchorToTop' line and press ENTER)
6. Save the file
7. In EQ, type /loadskin foo (or whatever you called the folder)
8. Get the tracking window up and the font is now larger.

NB Anywhere from 5-8 might be useful on the size for the font. 10 is stupidly large and overlaps. Also, you can make changes with the game open. Just use /loadskin default and /loadskin foo to switch between them as you change the font size in your favourite editor.

Shrubwise
11-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Hey Senn, great response. Thank you!!

feniin
02-01-2018, 01:44 PM
This was super helpful - thanks Senn!

Bumping this to see if anyone knows how to change the font colors in the tracking window(specifically the blue - it's nearly impossible to read).

1203jjt
08-01-2018, 08:56 PM
This was incredibly helpful for me...in addition to changing my tracking window font, I also managed to figure out how to change the font on my buff bar! Thanks so much Senn.

1203jjt
08-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know which file the tell window settings are in? I'd like to change the default font size for them, but haven't been able to find them.

Mezzevil
03-16-2019, 10:24 PM
thanks for the tip. worked like a charm. now the colors....

casailor
12-30-2019, 07:03 PM
Is there an update to this thread, because it no longer works.

casailor
12-30-2019, 08:36 PM
Nevermind I wanted chat font size not this tracking window. Is there a similar version to change the font zie in xml for chat boxes, not just main chat?

Shrubwise
12-31-2019, 03:57 PM
Nevermind I wanted chat font size not this tracking window. Is there a similar version to change the font zie in xml for chat boxes, not just main chat?

Simply right click the chat window where you want to increase the font size, select “always chat here” and type /chatfontsize 1-6. Do this for each window you want to increase the size for, and then when you are finished, just set the always chat here back to the main window.

casailor
12-31-2019, 04:14 PM
Thanks it worked. However after logging out then in again the font size changed back, is there a way to make it permanent, and avoid changing the font size every time I log in?

talian21
08-01-2020, 08:51 PM
I have the same problem reading blue con mobs on black background on the tracking list. Back in the day, when I was smarter, I figured out/found out how to change the background color in the tracking window. Turned out for me, that an orange background is the only color that worked for me on a list with blue, yellow, and green text.

So, can anyone tell me how to set the background to orange again? I've gone thru my archives lookin for a backup, but no joy. Anyone?

And while we're on the UI topic, anyone know how to permanently change popup tell windows to /chatfontsize 5 by default? changing every tell window is... cumbersome...

Thanks in advance!

talian21
08-01-2020, 09:04 PM
Of course I'd figure it out right after posting lol. To change background color to make blue cons easy to read etc, right-click tracking window, turn off texture, then go back in to tint color and make it what ya want (orange for me) ahhh... better. This plus the larger font, is exactly what I needed, thanks all.

now to figure out how to /chatfontsize 5 the popup tell windows....

LadyRhaevyn
08-02-2020, 12:15 AM

Not sure if you ever got help with this, but if you want to change the font size in other chat windows, first right click that chat window and select "always chat here" then you can /chatfontsize <#>. When you're done you can make your main window always chat again. Voila!

micahconley
04-13-2023, 11:46 AM
i have tried all the different sizes for tracking window and <Font>10</Font> is easy to read using <Font>9</Font> is not quite large enough for me so im wondering if there is a way to increase the size between lines so when i use <Font>10</Font> the names of the mobs dont overlap so they can be read easier?