PDA

View Full Version : level 24 mage spells research

laudnaum
05-16-2014, 02:46 PM
I need the level 24 water pet researched and cornucopia and everfount. Are any mages able to help?

RaldoMcdaldo
05-22-2014, 02:31 AM
I am at this point with the mage and unfortunately the one mob that drops the words of dimension (the words for the air, fire, and water pet research) 100% of the time is part of the jagged-pine forest and not part of 1999. It drops rarely on anything else (1%) except for a mob in the ocean of tears: Tegea Prendyn on the main island (25%). For the words of transcendence it's better, for on the same island is Poceae Hapspenn who drops it 100%.
As far as research goes the mage caps at 45 for lvl 24 and these spells are trivial at 62 . . . so go figure. Perhaps the originators of EQ felt that young mages should turn to their elder Brethren for the creation of these spells as a right of passage, or pay the price (literally) for all the fails that will occur through attempting 5 spell creations on their own. One more caveat - the mobs that have these words in the Ocean of Tears are yellow (lvl 25) to you.
So solo could be a bit wild. If you do as it seems the originators intended - group and make lots of friends, this will be much easier. But if easy is boring to you, then solo kicks ass! GL my friend and happy Mage trails :)