PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Wineq2.0

Xer0
05-16-2014, 06:05 AM
After doing some research on the various benefits in the free version of wineq2.0, I decided to give it a try. Upon setting it up per the instructions, I realized that directing it to eqgame.exe in my C:\EQ folder was probably not going to work because of the lack of " patchme

So I tried adding it, but you can't add it to the actual .exe

Anyone have any idea how I might remedy this? as of now, when I select my server, the colors fade out a bit, the screen flickers black and then kicks back to login.

Xer0
05-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Ive tried several other methods of remedying the whole kicking back to screen, it looks like attempting to run wineq2.0 fucked up my games version status enough that I just wont be able to play until I get a fresh install.

Really thouhg I'd like to use wineq2.0, can any inform me as to how I can get it to function properly without the use of " patchme in a shortcut (bonus kudos if you can also tell me how to set a processor affinity through wineq2.0!

Grimfan
05-16-2014, 06:18 AM
Wineq actually normally runs skipping the patcher, so you shouldn't have to do anything besides tell it where you installed P99. If you right click it in your system tray, mouse over preferences, then click options, you can customize where your eq folder is and you can also set any options like keeping a level brightness, using PlayNice which is what regulates the cpu usage etc. You probably didn't mess up your install as long as you never ran the actual EverQuest patcher.

Xer0
05-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Wineq actually normally runs skipping the patcher, so you shouldn't have to do anything besides tell it where you installed P99. If you right click it in your system tray, mouse over preferences, then click options, you can customize where your eq folder is and you can also set any options like keeping a level brightness, using PlayNice which is what regulates the cpu usage etc. You probably didn't mess up your install as long as you never ran the actual EverQuest patcher.

Then for the life of me I can't figure out why it's kicking me back to the login when I choose server :/

Grimfan
05-16-2014, 06:22 AM
Then for the life of me I can't figure out why it's kicking me back to the login when I choose server :/

This is going to be an odd question, but how much hard drive space do you have remaining? And when it is kicking you out, is it kicking you out after you login and before you select your server, or after you login and after you select the server and press Play EverQuest!

Grimfan
05-16-2014, 06:32 AM
This is going to be an odd question, but how much hard drive space do you have remaining? And when it is kicking you out, is it kicking you out after you login and before you select your server, or after you login and after you select the server and press Play EverQuest!

I have to hit the hay, but my friend is having this issue where after he selects P99 and hits play EVerQuest it just crashes his client. We have this thought that maybe it's the fact that he has run out of hard drive space for the most part (it's in the red and he has only a few gigs left). We're not sure if that is the case. I'm unsure why it is doing that to you though.

Here's what my installation process looks like if you're interested.

Install Titanium from ISO's.
Delete the files that it tells me to delete or backup.
Extract the P99 patcher files
Extract Optional files like HD textures/Duxaui etc.
Install WinEq2.15 Lite (the latest version)
Create a Profile for my P99 directory and rename it to P99.
Run it off of WinEQ picking my P99 directory.

And I'm off. If no one else can help you I'll try to fix my friends problem tomorrow and see if maybe you're hitting the same issue.

Xer0
05-16-2014, 06:33 AM
It is kicking me out after I've selected my server and click play everquest.

I have over 700 gigs of free HDD space, and am on a fresh install of windows.

I actually got the game to launch after a reboot, however it said my spell files were out of date. So I updated, and now I'm receiving the same error, getting kick backed to the login after I select a server.. even after a reboot following the update

Grimfan
05-16-2014, 06:36 AM
It is kicking me out after I've selected my server and click play everquest.

I have over 700 gigs of free HDD space, and am on a fresh install of windows.

I actually got the game to launch after a reboot, however it said my spell files were out of date. So I updated, and now I'm receiving the same error, getting kick backed to the login after I select a server.. even after a reboot following the update

Yeah my friend is having the exact same problem, and this is after extracting my P99 install directly onto his PC. I'm thinking it could be an issue with his WinEQ settings... hmm. It's odd though because I do not remember selecting anything special when I put it on there for him.

Xer0
05-16-2014, 06:40 AM
Yeah my friend is having the exact same problem, and this is after extracting my P99 install directly onto his PC. I'm thinking it could be an issue with his WinEQ settings... hmm. It's odd though because I do not remember selecting anything special when I put it on there for him.

You should have him do a fresh install. I am doing the same thing (playing from a version installed to another pc, but transferred via flash drive) and that seems to be the only common thread between the two of us

Also, Ive got it to let me log in again, so it does appear to be working intermittently.

In the past the game used to do this pretty frequently, I was convinced that the servers were blocking me cause it was always during peak horus till about 11-1 am.. but now that I'm experiencing it logging into Red, i have no clue what's causing it.

kaos057
05-16-2014, 06:42 AM

Is this a new character? What race/class? This happens when you try to use a character with a race/class combo not allowed in p99 (like gnome sk)

Xer0
05-16-2014, 06:47 AM
when the error occurs, it's happening from the server select. I hit play everquest, the game goes blank for a few moments and then when it reverts to normal I am at the account log in screen.

Xer0
05-17-2014, 09:49 PM
The game is still exhibiting the same behaviors, kicking me back to the login screen about 90% of the time. If I keep relaunching it usually lets me in, though so far ive tried about 10 times tonight to no avail

Xer0
05-20-2014, 08:28 PM
So I'm even on a fresh install of Everquest Titanium, as well as a fresh install of windows (was acting a bit sllow, formatted over the weekends)

And the game is still consistently kicking me back to the login screen. Typically if I wait 15-20 mins it works, but I have been trying to login for about 2-3 horus now and nothing is working (not even a fresh reinstall)

After the first time it boots me back to the login screen, I get error 1017, and if I hit okay and Play EQ it will just continue to cycle through this. Restarting my computer sometimes helps, anyone have any other ideas?