PDA

View Full Version : Mob push

Lucah blight
05-15-2014, 04:58 PM
I could be really off base with this one, but from what I remember of tov was that the blue drakes (ch'ers) almost ALWAYS got off a ch or two every fight, and oh man we had so many drakes gating on us.

The only thing I could think of as to why the drakes are so much easier is that the push on p99 is too high. From what I remember on live pretty much only Kick and Bash were the only effective ways to push a mob. We would put a tank in the corner with every melee behind it and the mob would never move unless it was something that had to be pushed in which case all other tanks would hit their kick and/or bash to move the mob.

I could be completely off base with this, but doing tov (in almost same gear, just less of it) seemed way too easy, especially the casters. Those blue/glimmer drakes were our bane, so much gating and ch'ing and so many wipes, now a couple of melee could push it enough to interrupt almost anything.

Feel free to ignore if I am completely wrong.

Ele
05-15-2014, 05:02 PM
This thread has a little bit of discussion about push.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149683

Our high priest Haynar is on the case for push mechanics!

I remember you didnt kill ch mobs very easy unless you had 2 mana drainers.

And interrupting dragons casting spells should be tougher too. So those are other changes needed.

Haynar

pasi
05-15-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm very interested to see how Velketor turns out here.

If you're not familiar with Velketor, he's a huge assbeater from a melee standpoint, but he takes frequent breaks from his melee assbeating to cast 200 damage DDs which made him a great intro to CHeal chains NPC.

He was as easy as he was on live because NPCs spammed junk level 30 nukes, NPCs had less mana, and were harder to interrupt. The near-infinite mana and harder to interrupt portion will make him easier here, but spell selection might make him harder.