PDA

View Full Version : How are clerics?

snoopiku
05-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Hey folks. I am one of the new recruits from blue. Started a shaman, got to 19, and realized I didn't want to play a shaman. Now I have a cleric and just hit 7 last night. Was wondering how clerics did on this server. Will I be super focused in any pvp battle, so much that its almost necessary to keep root/blind/divine aura up at all times?

Ames who?
05-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Make a small race (preferably gnome) so that you can juke people easier in mass pvp. You should ALWAYS have your two DA's memmed no matter what you are doing. Don't expect to be getting killshots left and right but a good cleric is incredibly hard to kill 1v1.

Duckwalk
05-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Literally 2 threads below.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151007

snoopiku
05-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Well, disregard. Was at work and trying to post quickly on my phone. Will check the other thread. Thanks!

Fawqueue
05-15-2014, 03:51 PM
As a cleric you will:

-Be heavily recruited by every guild with any PvE aspirations

-Be focused if you are caught out in the open in mass PvP

-Get very few 1v1 kills, but be very useful when you've got teammates to support

-Will use root and blind much less than you think at 60, but Divine Aura will be used every fight.

Send a tell to Fawqueue in-game, I'll answer any questions you have as you level up and toss you some stuff.

lite
05-15-2014, 04:09 PM
As a cleric you will:

-Get very few 1v1 kills, but be very useful when you've got teammates to support

-Will use root and blind much less than you think at 60, but Divine Aura will be used every fight.

Send a tell to Fawqueue in-game, I'll answer any questions you have as you level up and toss you some stuff.

Clerics are the shit. Do it !

Naeyi
05-15-2014, 04:10 PM
I made a cleric as my first red character and i've seen only three other clerics the entire span from 1-39 so far.

More clerics needed.

fiegi 8.0
05-15-2014, 04:10 PM
best class for double invulin and heading to nearest zoneline to plug

Eslade
05-15-2014, 04:14 PM
best class for double invulin and heading to nearest zoneline to plug

awwww yissss

but yeah cleric is a legit class to roll for your first red character.

Mutant Type
05-15-2014, 04:39 PM
I made a cleric as my first red character and i've seen only three other clerics the entire span from 1-39 so far.

More clerics needed.

Weird, I rolled a cleric here with the new exp changes. I know no one. I've seen a lot of clerics, had a group with 3 clerics in MM at one point. I hit high 30s and haven't had a a group in 3 days. I have tried starting my own too. I am way to undergeared to even try to solo at any semi-decent capability. While I can "grind it out" the question is why would I want to? I am just going to shelf this cleric and start something that can solo when I can't find people to play with. There is a reason there is a lack of clerics on this server.

Eslade
05-15-2014, 04:46 PM
I started from scratch here, I was able to solo to 39. Clerics solo just fine.

Mutant Type
05-15-2014, 04:47 PM
I started from scratch here, I was able to solo to 39. Clerics solo just fine.

I am talking in the context of the group experience. I rolled here because of it. I did not roll here to solo at a snail pace.

Eslade
05-15-2014, 04:55 PM
I am talking in the context of the group experience. I rolled here because of it. I did not roll here to solo at a snail pace.

sometimes groups don't happen.
gotta beat the man to be the man.

SamwiseRed
05-15-2014, 04:56 PM

truthfully ive needed a cleric in every one of my chars everytime i try to level. are you advertising you are LFG? are near places people like to group at? my cleric gets a group everytime i log on.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-15-2014, 04:59 PM
truthfully ive needed a cleric in every one of my chars everytime i try to level. are you advertising you are LFG? are near places people like to group at? my cleric gets a group everytime i log on.

Enchanters also heavily sought after.

Clerics probably more so.

ymw
05-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Have had a rough time finding groups so far, hoping it picks up 40+.

The exp rate here is a blessing and a curse - the increased population is nice, but as a fresh start, I out-leveled my gear and spells (and the money to get them) very quickly. You'll have a much easier time advancing if you can line up with a few friends or a regular group, otherwise plan for some boring nights and a few struggles drumming up cash for gear, spells, ports, and whatever else.

Azure
05-15-2014, 05:20 PM
yeah go to CB, Unrest, MM for them groups. Everyone goes there. The rest of the world is fairly empty. Some groups in SK but very rare.

Bazia
05-15-2014, 05:52 PM
CLRs can solo to 60 nude

Unrest/Paineel > Spectres > CoM/L Guk

Mutant Type
05-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Have had a rough time finding groups so far, hoping it picks up 40+.

The exp rate here is a blessing and a curse - the increased population is nice, but as a fresh start, I out-leveled my gear and spells (and the money to get them) very quickly. You'll have a much easier time advancing if you can line up with a few friends or a regular group, otherwise plan for some boring nights and a few struggles drumming up cash for gear, spells, ports, and whatever else.

Glad I am not the only one noticing this. Seen many groups looking for cc/dps but few want a cleric. The 3 cleric group was pretty head scratching, even had a druid in the group. Haven't had a group in 3 nights and also today. Already leveling another class probably going to switch from cleric.

Drakaris
05-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Nihilum is always looking for clerics in their 45+ exp groups, our officers had to use their cleric alts in every exp group just to keep the ball rolling.

Clerics and Chanters are your 2 highest demand classes. Lots of SKs, Monks and warriors to tank, not enough support classes (shamans included).

Mutant Type
05-15-2014, 06:05 PM
CLRs can solo to 60 nude

Unrest/Paineel > Spectres > CoM/L Guk

That would be like masturbating with sand paper.

no chewie dont
05-15-2014, 06:17 PM
people did it before exp bonus while losing exp to players 8 levels higher im sure u babies will be fine

Eslade
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
That would be like masturbating with sand paper.

could always just use the /play60 command and avoid the grind altogether.

Mutant Type
05-15-2014, 06:58 PM
people did it before exp bonus while losing exp to players 8 levels higher im sure u babies will be fine

Your argument reeks of pedestrian logic. You jump right in assuming I made some statement that it couldn't be done. Feel free to re-read the thread and maybe your reading comphrension will improve. To save time and you further looking like the complete moron that I have envision you are (which only took me 2 weeks of reading this forum), I will restate my position.

I give 0 fucks what you or any else did prior to the experience bonus. I am golf clapping for your achievements. From your posting it seems you derive a lot of self worth camping lower guk. I truly am sorry if my inconsideration of your veteran status offends you.

I came here because the people that run the server(which as far as I know isn't you) thought it was in its best interest to increase the experience gain, mainly for those that group. Their adjustments and therefore their vision run parallel to my interests. I want to level at a much faster pace than I could on blue. If I can't find groups very often with a cleric I can either solo or wait. A solution to this would be to find another class that can solo better or get more groups.

If you want to transfer on to me anymore of your warped ideas about self-worth and difficulty leveling go right ahead.

Mutant Type
05-15-2014, 07:02 PM
could always just use the /play60 command and avoid the grind altogether.

Or I dunno, I could not resort to such extreme childish arguments to make my point. Maybe I could group and use the group bonus to level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

no chewie dont
05-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Your argument reeks of pedestrian logic. You jump right in assuming I made some statement that it couldn't be done. Feel free to re-read the thread and maybe your reading comphrension will improve. To save time and you further looking like the complete moron that I have envision you are (which only took me 2 weeks of reading this forum), I will restate my position.

I give 0 fucks what you or any else did prior to the experience bonus. I am golf clapping for your achievements. From your posting it seems you derive a lot of self worth camping lower guk. I truly am sorry if my inconsideration of your veteran status offends you.

I came here because the people that run the server(which as far as I know isn't you) thought it was in its best interest to increase the experience gain, mainly for those that group. Their adjustments and therefore their vision run parallel to my interests. I want to level at a much faster pace than I could on blue. If I can't find groups very often with a cleric I can either solo or wait. A solution to this would be to find another class that can solo better or get more groups.

If you want to transfer on to me anymore of your wrapped ideas about self-worth and difficulty leveling go right ahead.

wasnt even talking about me holy mad tho i think u'll fit right in :)

Eslade
05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Or I dunno, I could not resort to such extreme childish arguments to make my point. Maybe I could group and use the group bonus to level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

was joking with you sir. it's not all sunshine and rainbows for the classes better suited to solo either. how many times have you seen a group/guild actively look for a necro or mage?

stick with the cleric, you won't be disappointed.

Clark
05-17-2014, 04:32 AM
As a cleric you will:

Slathar
05-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Hey folks. I am one of the new recruits from blue. Started a shaman, got to 19, and realized I didn't want to play a shaman. Now I have a cleric and just hit 7 last night. Was wondering how clerics did on this server. Will I be super focused in any pvp battle, so much that its almost necessary to keep root/blind/divine aura up at all times?

Who are you?