PDA

View Full Version : Window opening location

Magifyre
05-15-2014, 04:43 AM
I was wondering where I can manually edit the location on the screen the Everquest window opens at. I'm assuming it's probably EQclient.ini? If it is, what's it called? When I'm playing in dual monitor mode, EQ opens up on my TV, but when the TV is disconnected, the window opens up off screen, and is impossible to move.

phacemeltar
05-15-2014, 04:52 AM
are you in windowed mode? might be able to move it then

Magifyre
05-15-2014, 04:56 AM
Yes I am in windowed mode. It is entirely off the side of the screen, ungrabbable by mouse, right clicking on the task bar and selecting move does not work. windows key + arrows does not work. Help! lol

phacemeltar
05-15-2014, 04:59 AM
there might be a way you can fix this in eqclient.ini but i think that windows handles the location of applications so most likely you will not be able to change this by editing EQ files. can you not click on the titlebar?

Magifyre
05-15-2014, 05:03 AM
The window is ENTIRELY off the left side of the screen. I cannot see any bit of it.

phacemeltar
05-15-2014, 07:00 AM
and your alternate monitor is on the right? if you change your display back to single monitor, i think your OS will force all apps back to native position.

r00t
05-15-2014, 12:24 PM
On Linux you can customize this behavior all you want.. On windows you're basically shit outta luck.

Magifyre
05-16-2014, 09:55 AM
No it is not on the right. It was on the left. It's disconnected. Like I've said repeatedly. I'll figure it out on my own. Don't hurt your brain tying to think. I can see reading is a little much even.

Uaellaen
05-16-2014, 10:05 AM
its because even if your TV is disconnected, windows still expands the desktop over to the TV ... basicly only choice without any add on software installed is to change the desktop properties to not expanding the desktop, then your EQ window will pop up on your main screen (or turn on TV then drag the window over) ... once you did that and opened / closed your EQ window it SHOULD remember its position and open up again on the screen where you closed it last ...

Uaellaen
05-16-2014, 10:18 AM
ATI /AMD has Hydravision wich allows you to manipulate windows to switch screens ...

but maybe a virtual desktop manager can also be helpful ... never tried it ...
http://download.cnet.com/CubeDesktop-NXT/3000-2346_4-10750370.html
Use our stunning 3D technology to quickly show, switch and move windows between desktops.

or one of these:

http://lifehacker.com/5519833/five-best-tools-for-managing-your-multi-monitor-setup

myriverse
05-16-2014, 10:32 AM
You tried Right-click Taskbar > Cascade Windows?

Anyway, in eqclient, look for WindowedModeXOffset and YOffset.

Shamalam
05-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Find "WindowedModeXOffset" and "WindowedModeYOffset" in eqclient.ini, set them to whatever works for you. Mine looks like this:

WindowedModeXOffset=-4
WindowedModeYOffset=-25

This positions the EQ window in the top left corner of my main monitor with the borders just off the edge of the screen. Doing this and setting EQ to run at my native resolution (1920x1080) was about as close as I could get to a windowed-fullscreen mode.