PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to de-level, but how?

August
05-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Title of thread says it all.

I am a 60 gnome enchanter. I'd like to start over, playing an enchanter, but I really really don't want to buy all my spells again - I have a full spellbook @ 60.

Fun in this game for me is leveling, especially as an enchanter, so, yeah.

I think the most obvious is Sac down to 46. What's next? Can I sac lower? Or do I need to death loop myself? I want to go to 16 - AE Mez + Breeze is where things start to get interesting.

Thanks in advance!

-Tomtee

Thulack
05-12-2014, 07:30 PM
You basically answered your own question. Die down to 59. Sac to 46 then Deathloop to 16

Kennie
05-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Bind yourself underwater and check back in a day.

Swish
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Bind in front of a guard, or for some zone wide fun... bind at the Gfay Priest of Discord, and start swinging :p

Swish
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Intersperse it with red recruitment shouts for extra points ;)

loramin
05-12-2014, 07:32 PM
It seems to me like it'd be easier to just start over with an alt, and have your main Enchanter go buy all the Enchanter spells and give them to the alt (vs. putting a lot of time effort in to de-leveling). And that way you could at least start with a different race to make things interesting.

Thulack
05-12-2014, 07:34 PM
It seems to me like it'd be easier to just start over with an alt, and have your main Enchanter go buy all the Enchanter spells and give them to the alt (vs. putting a lot of time effort in to de-leveling). And that way you could at least start with a different race to make things interesting.

can illusion for the different races and spells get expensive over time especially VoG

Classic7
05-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Bind on top of the wizard spires in Gfay. Keep falling off. I used to do this with a monk to delevel to 52 to solo Naggy.

Pringles
05-12-2014, 07:39 PM

I am a 60 gnome enchanter. I'd like to start over, playing an enchanter, but I really really don't want to buy all my spells again - I have a full spellbook @ 60.

I think the most obvious is Sac down to 46. What's next? Can I sac lower? Or do I need to death loop myself? I want to go to 16 - AE Mez + Breeze is where things start to get interesting.

Thanks in advance!

-Tomtee

Nooooooo Tomtee!!!! Ok... if you do, dibs leveling with you when you catch back up to where my shaman is (currently level 46).

P.S. Have someone cast bind on you so it lands *just* after you jump from the top of the wizard spires in GFay.... that way you're bound in the air - should make for a quick deathloop.

August
05-12-2014, 07:39 PM

Not so worried about the race. Gnome is the master race and it is known.

Spells - I'm more talking about the high level 50+ spells. VoG, Lagarn's Lamentation, C2, Iksar Illusion. Bedlam, + all research spells.

I mainly just want to be able to visit the zones I love as an appropriate level, on my favorite class. I also want to play a chanter (level him) in Velious. Don't really care about losing the 60, I've been 60 for a year+ and I barely logged onto him after camping a couple of high $$$ camps to fund my twink army.

Cecily
05-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Ask Shinko.

August
05-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Nooooooo Tomtee!!!! Ok... if you do, dibs leveling with you when you catch back up to where my shaman is (currently level 46).

P.S. Have someone cast bind on you so it lands *just* after you jump from the top of the wizard spires in GFay.... that way you're bound in the air - should make for a quick deathloop.

Dibs have been called. I unfortunately took the 'quick' way last time and killed LOIO gobbos until 51, and started PBAE groups at 57. Going to be looking for group action, and hopefully in zones that are under-served.

Tecmos Deception
05-12-2014, 07:49 PM
I was 1% tempted to do this with Tecmos once too. I'm 100% sure I'd have more fun leveling him up again than playing any of my alts... lol.

Anyway. I would think of some fun way to lose the levels below 46 instead of something boring like a death loop at a kos city gate or something. Do something like lose 1 level in each zone of the game, level appropriate on the way down. Make a screenshot/video montage of it. Die to noteworthy NPCs, fall the farthest drop, drown in the deepest water, use a manastone and die midair to create a bridge of corpses from sola to soltemple, fun stuff like that!

Delete this thread and then lose levels in front of people who are trying to save you!

Cecily
05-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I'd delevel Cecily to 1 if Rogean would make me a Dark Elf, too attached to name and pixels.

August
05-12-2014, 07:52 PM
I was 1% tempted to do this with Tecmos once too. I'm 100% sure I'd have more fun leveling him up again than playing any of my alts... lol.

Anyway. I would think of some fun way to lose the levels below 46 instead of something boring like a death loop at a kos city gate or something. Do something like lose 1 level in each zone of the game, level appropriate on the way down. Make a screenshot/video montage of it. Die to noteworthy NPCs, fall the farthest drop, drown in the deepest water, use a manastone and die midair to create a bridge of corpses from sola to soltemple, fun stuff like that!

Delete this thread and then lose levels in front of people who are trying to save you!

yep, my thought exactly is 'i'd have more fun leveling this guy again than playing my _________'.

That sounds like a lot of work, though - dying all those various ways. I'm somewhat anxious to get back to leveling.

Pringles
05-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Dibs have been called.

You mean I got dibs, or someone else beat me to the punch? :confused: :D

GnashingOfTeeth
05-12-2014, 08:03 PM

Thanks in advance!

-Tomtee\

Bind in kith, near a nasty hut.
Goto bed, wake up, level 1.
Done.

Please stream it on twitch.

August
05-12-2014, 08:06 PM
You got dibs Pringles

gortimer
05-12-2014, 10:49 PM
It would be cool if you could trade 60 lvls of exp for 1 nice item. I wouldnt mind eternally lvling and gearing. and lvling up super decked out.

seratt
05-12-2014, 11:08 PM
I don't understand this thread at all. lol...

Invoke
05-12-2014, 11:31 PM
What happens with your skills?

Shinko
05-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Hello,

sac to 46, bind @ a kos Mob, come back after few hours

$$$$

Shinko
05-12-2014, 11:46 PM
oh you can only get to level 4 btw

60-4
4-60

i like leveling

Rettj
05-12-2014, 11:50 PM
make an enchanter on red imo

relive the enchanter ride with all new types of intelligent* mobs to fight

Zuranthium
05-12-2014, 11:52 PM
It would actually be really cool if there was a "reincarnation mode" where people Level 55+ would be de-leveled down to 5 are only allowed to earn exp in different zones than they did the first time they played the character (let's say any zone where you earned more than half a level in would not be allowed). You'd get a strong bonus item of your choice at the end of it...something that would normally require doing a boring high-end camp.

I've no idea how long it would take to implement a system that tracks any zone a player earned more than half a level in, but it would certainly be awesome for giving players incentive to utilize different zones in the game.

August
05-12-2014, 11:55 PM

I just read a thread where enchanters were underpowered on red.

I'm ok being a bluebie.

Rettj
05-12-2014, 11:57 PM

I'm ok being a bluebie.

whoever wrote that has probably never seen an enchanter on red

enchanter one of the most powerful ask around

seratt
05-13-2014, 12:07 AM
So this brought back memories of this time on live back in 2002.. .2003...

A buddy and I deleveled his gnome something down to 46 or so. We made a real mess, as seen in pic. lol... Someone petitioned us, of course.. Awesome thing was, for whatever reason the GM gave him all his levels back, cleaned up the mess, but this was after we transferred all the EE's off the toons. lol... We came back the next day and did it again.

Pringles
05-13-2014, 12:08 AM
You got dibs Pringles

Wooooo!

Zalaerian
05-13-2014, 12:11 AM

I'm ok being a bluebie.

Enchanters are very powerful in the right hands....very much a high risk, high reward class in pvp

citizen1080
05-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Roll on Red with me Tomtee

Visual
05-13-2014, 12:13 AM
On live, you actually retained your skill levels when you delevel. Made for fun times ie super melee Naggy/Vox alts and powerful low level pvp toons.

P99 will never be the real thing

gortimer
05-13-2014, 01:00 AM
double backstab lvl 20's

gortimer
05-13-2014, 01:05 AM
I remember on live before the delvl nerf that it made a HUGE difference. I went from 33 on my warrior to lvl 10 and i would just absolutely destroy entire groups of people. never missing an attack. always hitting for high damage. hardly anyone landing an attack on you. it was so. much. fun.

webrunner5
05-13-2014, 11:50 AM

Wise person. You will regret the hell out of it when Velious comes out de leveling.

August
05-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Roll on Red with me Tomtee

Honestly don't think that I have the patience for PvP. The only game I ever considered it was DaoC. It's easy enough to die without someone else trying to kill me, and I don't feel like I could trust anyone.

Also guys, WTS Sacrifices. C'mon, I know people want to buy them!

Tewaz
05-13-2014, 11:53 AM
So what will your leveling path be? Have you thought about it?

August
05-13-2014, 12:10 PM
So what will your leveling path be? Have you thought about it?

Of course!

I want to stay away from places that sit at constant 'clear' and don't really require my services as an enchanter (unrest, mistmoore, etc).

Ideally I'd like to visit the red-headed stepchildren of Norrath:

Runnyeye
Gorge of King Xorbb
Najena
Cazic Thule

More popular but not mainstream:
sola
uguk
kedge
hhk (i just want to charm osargen, i leveled past this before i knew of the capacity)

kunark dungeons I want to hit up:

nurga
droga
kaesora
dalnir

I'm most at home in dungeons, and that's where I want to spend my time. I'm not terribly interested in the speed of leveling, so I'm more excited about an adventure than anything else. I find outdoor zones, unless they have 'camps', to be pretty dry as an enchanter. i'd consider the sarnak fort, goblins in Warslik, and maybe HHP as well.

Tecmos Deception
05-13-2014, 12:50 PM
Hit kerra isle for a while at some point in the mid-teens up through mid-20s. It's a really cool zone, I regret not having been in there before I leveled up my chanter on red!

August
05-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Hit kerra isle for a while at some point in the mid-teens up through mid-20s. It's a really cool zone, I regret not having been in there before I leveled up my chanter on red!

I don't know that I've ever been in that zone. Safe to go there even @ 16? Trying to complete my de-level tonight if at all possible.

radditsu
05-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Shinko never got to finish TM Blow

and now he raids with them.

Sadre Spinegnawer
05-13-2014, 09:58 PM
tomtee - good gaming dude. Sometimes, only playing an enchanter will do. If i was sitting at 60 I'd be tempted too. But I'm still way before that, unraided and unguilded at 55 still.

Dragonmist
05-14-2014, 01:18 AM
bind under water afk a day or so youll hit low teens soon enough

Xer0
05-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Dark Elf is the master race and it is known.

fix'd

Valdarious
05-14-2014, 07:44 AM
I applaud you in your efforts. Seems there are not too many people that like the getting there instead of just speed leveling to 60 for raiding.
I myself like the early levels also. At least you won't have to worry about training your skills up again.

Confit
05-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Binding underwater would probably be your best bet because you can get out of the death loop yourself. Binding at a KoS guard or binding before jumping off the spires requires help from someone else/GM intervention to stop the death loop.

Hastley
05-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Ask Shinko.

lol

August
05-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Hit level 46 last night. I'm eager to find out how long it will take to delevel to 16 underwater. I have max swimming skill.... should be an unpleasantly long time.

YendorLootmonkey
05-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Let Metallikus pull for your group on his monk if you'd like to de-level.

Tecmos Deception
05-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Hit level 46 last night. I'm eager to find out how long it will take to delevel to 16 underwater. I have max swimming skill.... should be an unpleasantly long time.

Lava.

Clark
05-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Ask Shinko.

August
05-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Hit 34 last night! I am stopping here to enchant some platinum bars. I would hate to be out of jewelcrafting commission for too long.

BTW it took around ~6 hours to die to 34 from 46 using the drowning method.