PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Game Files

Bilbik
05-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Hello,
I used the beta commands to transfer a toon to the Velious beta server. When I connect to the Velious server, I get the error at character select saying that I have incorrect game files and need to check the getting started thread.

I play regularly on P99 blue and I have run the Duxa All in One installer. Would Duxa have removed game files that I need since it clears out files not required by P99?

Any info would be helpful, as a player whose largest time sink was NToV, I would like to check out some Velious content to help move the beta along.

Thanks

Vandy
05-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Beta has new Files for the moment until they are tested and can be merged with live it is shown as an announcement on the home page.

Bilbik
05-12-2014, 09:50 AM
I guess my question is....how do I play on beta then?

Do I need a second client installed to account for the differences in game files?
Where would I get these beta files?

Vandy
05-12-2014, 09:53 AM
If you click the HOME button on the top left the first message is in regards to the beta update from today. There is a link for the beta files. You can extract them into you current P99 directory to play on beta or you can copy you current p99 directory and then copy them into it.

If you copy into your current P99 directory you will have to copy the Blue files back into the directory before you play on Blue server again.

It's as simple as having the 2 Zip files for each server on your desktop and unzipping them into the P99 directory before playing on the intended server.

Bilbik
05-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks Van, my fault for browsing on a tablet instead of the PC. Never even noticed the link at the bottom of the post.