PDA

View Full Version : Beta Update

Rogean
05-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Beta has been patched with some important changes that need to be tested. This includes a new system on the backend which will allow us to better tune spell specific information appropriate for the era that each server is in, without running different file sets.

Since this system has been implemented we have been able to start working on spells. Many velious spell changes are now implemented or will be implemented. This includes Disciplines.

Please head on over to the Beta server and test things out, report any issues noticed. If there are issues with spells that are still present, please bump any relevant bug reports.

Also please test death / corpse looting, and no rent items, as there were some changes for those as well.

For the time being we will need to run separate files for the Beta server, until these systems are tested and can be pushed to the live servers.

You can download the required files for Beta from here:
Edit: Patch files no longer necessary

Thanks!

Previously Updated - Velious Beta Buff
Beta Buff is now available on the Velious Beta Server.

This will copy a level 60 character template over your existing character. Your character's level, race, deity, skills, spell gems, spell book, and other necessary information will be overwritten. All items in your inventory (Worn and in immediate inventory) will be deleted and replaced. Items in your bank will not be deleted, so place items there that you would like to keep. Coin in inventory or bank will also not be changed. Faction values that you have gained or loss will not be changed, however your actual factions may be different due to the change in race and deity from their base values.

To use the beta buff, you will need to copy over an existing character from live or red as usual (/beta command). Once on Beta, see the Velious Beta Banker NPC in North Ro, and ask him to [beta buff me].

Nirgon
05-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Need us to test item looting you say

Go on

Splorf22
05-27-2014, 11:37 AM
FYI, I haven't logged on to Beta since this patch. It's too annoying to shuffle the multiple patches around and I tried having two copies of EQ and it still complained about my patch files.

Seeing as how beta is once again at 0-1 player status most of the time, I'm guessing other people are making the same decision.

Shinko
05-27-2014, 01:30 PM
TMO raids once a week on beta, so we testing slowly

India
05-27-2014, 01:54 PM
FYI, I haven't logged on to Beta since this patch. It's too annoying to shuffle the multiple patches around and I tried having two copies of EQ and it still complained about my patch files.

Seeing as how beta is once again at 0-1 player status most of the time, I'm guessing other people are making the same decision.

I haven't had a problem at all :( I do have two separate copies of EQ installed... though you said that's not solved your issue either

Odd indeed

Erati
05-28-2014, 09:15 AM

this, I havnt touched it since the change :/

is there anyone smarter than me that can suggest the best way to have the two separate directories

I have 2 EQ directories right now after just 1 install for P99..... for some reason, one is normal C drive path program files yada yada

but my other is the weird hidden folder in the path of App Data, Users yada yada that holds all my log files/screenshots and some of the individual character UIs

do I need to copy both? pretty confused about this

Ele
05-28-2014, 10:46 AM
1. Let's say your normal install directory is:

C:\Everquest

Simply make a copy of that entire folder and paste it where you want your new directory to be. I just threw it back on my main drive and renamed the copy something like:

C:\EverquestBeta

2. You can then copy your desktop short cut, but you have to go into properties and adjust the file path to what ever you named your new beta install:

Target: C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme
Start In: C:\EverQuest

becomes

Target: C:\EverQuestBeta\eqgame.exe patchme
Start In: C:\EverQuestBeta

3. Install the beta patch into your new BETA directory. This will allow two separate installs without having to redo other patches each time you want to switch back to blue/red or beta.

Erati
05-28-2014, 11:19 AM
understood that part but was unsure if I had to copy that 'hidden' folder I described (Filepath is: C- Users- Computer name- ( hidden folder) App Data- Sony- EQ- Voila )

its where all my logs, screenshots etc are stored so I assumed I would need them for the beta server

any thoughts about that?

Ele
05-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Shouldn't need logs/screenshots, but if it has UIFiles or what not those might be important.

If you still have the discs/iso, just reinstall to a fresh directory imo, so it is all self contained in a single directory.

Erati
05-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Shouldn't need logs/screenshots, but if it has UIFiles or what not those might be important.

If you still have the discs/iso, just reinstall to a fresh directory imo, so it is all self contained in a single directory.

yea I have been avoiding doing an entire fresh install for this but I believe its the only option

ty Ele

leezard
05-28-2014, 04:08 PM
If it helps any, I have had zero problems with simply copying my original install and pasting it with beta appended to file (pretty much how elethia described it) then creating a new shortcut for it. Might be that SS's are going to same place as original install but havent looked yet. It doesnt take long to do honestly, faster and if it doesnt work then you could try a fresh install anyway.

bigger problems been lack of ppl to try more casual content imo usually only 1 or 2 ppl on outside of raid tests. also corpse loot/death have all seemed normal :D deleveled a character or two oops

Splorf22
05-31-2014, 01:07 PM
I did exactly that, Ele, without any luck.

Then I tried again today, and it worked. <curses the computer gods>

Ele
05-31-2014, 01:51 PM
I did exactly that, Ele, without any luck.

Then I tried again today, and it worked. <curses the computer gods>

I had to copy my folder twice on two different computers because it would crash after server select before bringing up the character select, but eventually it worked properly. /shrug

Glad you got yours working.

kkitt
06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
I have absolutely no idea if this is even close to right place to be posting problems with the files that are needed to run P99.

For a few weeks (or possibly a few months, which is much more likely) whenever I try and log into the servers and get to the character screen, it tells me that my spell files are outdated.
Ok, I have no problem in updating them but I had no idea where to find the correct files. Well, after a bit of adding files (from the beta because I'm not very savvy with this site) it now tells me that even the main files are incorrect.

Can someone please tell me the correct files? I am close to deleting P99 and reinstalling it. If someone can give me all the correct files that should be listed in the P99 folder(s) that would be even better because I really no idea what I re-copied wrong.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can provide!

Alunova
06-06-2014, 11:41 PM
1) Reinstall

2) Folder merges cause problems for me, so add "backup" or "bak" to the end of the name for Resources, Spelleffects and uifiles folders in your main everquest folder. (ex. uifilesbackup)

3) Make a copy and name the game folder Blue

4) Make another copy and rename it Beta

5) For beta folder only: Download and extract http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files-Beta.zip into your beta game folder

6) For Blue folder only: Go through the installation procedures (Step 3 and 4) here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

Gaffin 7.0
06-09-2014, 09:24 PM
spell files outdated even with velious patch and reinstall dunno, could this be the reason no one plays lol?

bigshowtime
06-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Dain and yelinak still not up

hynch
07-10-2014, 11:38 PM
spell files outdated even with velious patch and reinstall dunno, could this be the reason no one plays lol?

I have the same problem. Fresh install + velious patch. Was looking forward to breaking things.

Vega
07-11-2014, 09:18 AM
I have the same problem. Fresh install + velious patch. Was looking forward to breaking things.

I don't think you need the Velious patch stuff anymore.

With the latest patch, the files should now be the same between pve/pvp and beta.

Issues people had should be resolved.

hynch
07-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Thanks Vega, I wasn't aware the patches were merged.

gwideon
07-17-2014, 08:58 PM
It does not appear that the betabuff wizard has the level 39 quest spell concussion which is the only agro reduction spell for a wizard

Thulack
07-17-2014, 09:45 PM
It does not appear that the betabuff wizard has the level 39 quest spell concussion which is the only agro reduction spell for a wizard

Some wizard sucks at EverQUESTING. :D

Zoesha
08-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Does someone have the patch notes download for the latest beta patch? Or a link to where to find it? I downloaded the spells beta files and when i ran EQ it still says my client files are out of date. I have 2 different folders for the beta/blue and still get the "your client files are out of date please visit the forums" when I run the velious beta files.

Ele
08-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Does someone have the patch notes download for the latest beta patch? Or a link to where to find it? Thanks

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143954

Generally, patch notes are not available for beta. The above linked thread lists when they occur with some minor info. And the necessary spell file (if separate from blue/red).