PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Race?

doughboy
05-10-2014, 07:33 PM
I know a lot of people ask what the best races are, but how handicapped are you if you aren't?

Would rolling a dark elf prevent me from being a raid MT entirely?

Just how important is the slam ability? Also I'm rolling on Red.

Dragonmist
05-11-2014, 12:04 AM
No it doesnt matter a ton but Ogres have Frontal Stun Immunity which does help quite a bit at times.

Rararboker
05-11-2014, 06:58 PM
Even more helpful is the innate 130 stamina ogres start with. With the stats on velious gear, which should be coming fairly soon, racial choices don't matter quite as much.

Pitborn
05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
need more gnome warriors.

Zuranthium
05-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Just how important is the slam ability?

Extremely important.

There's no reason not to go Ogre if you want to be "the best".

captnamazing
05-12-2014, 01:27 PM
The slam ability is a lot less important after 55, when your kick starts interrupting spellcasting. Until then, if you aren't a large race and still want to interrupt casters, you can equip a shield, bash, and then re-equip an offhand weapon. It's not terribly difficult and allows you to avoid getting nuked.

You can totally MT as a dark elf.

pasi
05-12-2014, 02:46 PM
People will say that any race is fine because at the maximum level of Velious gear, your stats are maxed.

There's some truth to that, but that's a very far way off for most people In the mean time, you can max your stamina and strength, but you're trading stats for that most of the time.

My ogre warrior has the luxury of wearing more +HP gear over +stamina stuff. I wear a +55HP ring over the PoSky Ring (9 stamina). I wear the PoSky Neck (+40 HP) over a NoS (5 stamina). Having gear flexibility is worth the 15% exp penalty.

Daldaen
05-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Ogres have worst CHA.

In Velious Divine Intervention is going to become much more necessary where tank-switches really aren't an option and you are funneling all your tank gear into a single MT for the guild.

Then being a Half Elf will be the master race. Highest CHA and Solid AGI/DEX to start.

Just kind of serious here... Ogre isn't going to be required though by any means.

pasi
05-12-2014, 03:11 PM
For sure.

My argument has always been - if you're comparing single characters in full BiS Vulak/AoW/NToV, whats the purpose? You're already able to farm everything easily. For that reason, Ogre is #1 for the journey!

But even now where stats matter more than in Velious, it's only a small difference. Play whats cool (dwarf).

Jauna
05-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Max End Velious gear most of your stats may or may not be maxed out, remember that 10 to all stats on gear was not common until Luclin. But until you get into one of the higher end guilds there.

Dwarves/Barbarians have the best "light side" warrior stats, dwarves have extremely high DEX for procs + rolling. while Barbarians have Slam and access to medium/large armor
Ogres get the highest str/sta, and frontal stun immunity, and the best "darkside" race

Dark elves are kinda... meh. Having myself a woodelf warrior on p99 I can tell you that the low str is noticeable, between heavy plate, multiple weapons and I was struggling between coin/loot/ect to break even or always be encumbered and didnt get easier until late game with planar/tink bags.

Lasher
05-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Halfling warrior

Wins everquest
Wins fashionquest

http://i58.tinypic.com/1z4h1f9.png

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Halfling warrior

Wins everquest
Wins fashionquest

http://i58.tinypic.com/1z4h1f9.png

What in the fuck.

Hipster BDSM cosplay with genuine props including studded-sub-stick, thick framed glasses and lock-and-key breastplate.

Would ask to bang.

Would not ask to tank.

Softcore PK
05-15-2014, 01:17 PM
You're limited to:

Dark elf, gnome, half elf, halfling, iksar and wood elf because the other races are awful. Then you need to decide if you want to be evil, good, or whatever. For evil warriors the best choices (imo) are Innoruuk dark/half elf, cazic iksar and bertox gnome. Could also RP evil as Rallos but that choice really isn't as fun. If you want to be there are tons of great options, especially for half elves. Recommend Tunare, Erollisi or Rodcet.

If you want to be unique, half elves are the only warriors given the option to worship Prexus.

Circa.
05-15-2014, 01:30 PM
From a min/max standpoint

1. Ogre
2. Iksar
3. Troll
4. Barbarian
5. Dwarf
6. Halfling

Jigga
05-15-2014, 06:21 PM
not sure if true but read that halfing warrior only warrior able to max all combat stats with out buffs in velious

doughboy
05-18-2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I just wanted to play a dark elf without being gimped. I might have to wait on the warrior though.

It appears red99 is a terrible place to start a melee class solo...Least you can't get ganked by 60's at lvl 10.

Softcore PK
05-18-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I just wanted to play a dark elf without being gimped. I might have to wait on the warrior though.

It appears red99 is a terrible place to start a melee class solo...Least you can't get ganked by 60's at lvl 10.

Not true. I've been leveling up as melee and it's fine. Groups like tanks, and everyone is grouping.