PDA

View Full Version : What's it like on Red?

miraculous
05-07-2014, 02:34 PM
I am noticing that the Blue server is extremely populated and it's hard to even go to your favorite zones/camps to level.

I am considering red as an option as it's less populated, but I haven't done PVP much in the past in eq. I imagine it could be a little fun, but I don't think i'd want to be caught up in a server where all you do is pvp.

My question is, is Red more like Blue with a little pvp or does is it a pretty hardcore pvp environment with a little pve?

Would it be a good replacement for blue if I am ok with a little pvp?

Are there any other servers that are similar to Blue but aren't as populated?

Thanks for your feedback.

no chewie dont
05-07-2014, 02:37 PM
first one to run out of hp loses

Tradesonred
05-07-2014, 02:39 PM
You wont see that much pvp leveling up

That will change at the 52+ levels

You will get to fight over raid mobs most the times, when those mobs are up if you join one of the 2 contender guilds

I couldnt see myself playing EQ getting in queue for camps or whatever the fuck non-intuitive system they have going on blue to determine camp rotation.

Swish
05-07-2014, 02:40 PM
My question is, is Red more like Blue with a little pvp or does is it a pretty hardcore pvp environment with a little pve?

Traditionally sub 40 pvp wasn't too frequent, but the server is changing daily, there's more people around and I'd like to hope that pvp happens among the new players. Avoiding pvp on a pvp server is a crime :p

If you like being stuck in a med, kill things, med, kill things routine...you'll enjoy blue more than here.

At any moment someone might zone in and want a piece of you here, whether you're full mana/full health, or just finished fighting a mob and really need to heal/med.

If the thought of having to engage in pvp at a moment when you're not "ready" worries you, then you won't enjoy it here.

Most people are friendly, I know the fights I've had most of the time I have a laugh and a joke afterwards whatever the outcome... but there's people here who don't care.

You can't be corpse camped if you say "LNS" (loot n scoot) in ooc, as you're declaring that you'll loot up and leave the zone.

Honestly I'd just roll a character and see how you like it ;)

Sektor
Red has pvp and a good group xp bonus which encourages group leveling. Pvp will happen a lot sometimes and other times you won't see much pvp. No matter what side of the two big guilds you join you will see more loot here and dragons then you will on blue.

ricquire
I played on Quellious from 1999 to 2006 ish- and had no experience with Rallos, or any of the other red servers.

I putted around on blue to about level 10, before giving red a try.

It's worth playing on red.

The EXP bonus alone, if nothing else, makes an insane difference.

The downside is lower pop, which can be good and bad, and in time will be solved by people coming over to enjoy less camped areas, and faster leveling I hope/imagine.

That said, the PVP can be enjoyable, and a nice addition to gameplay- just don't expect not to get ganked once in a while.

miraculous
05-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the info...

I like the sound of it so far. Any additional replies from anyone are appreciated.

Also, say I wanted to try and trade blue money for red money, how hard is that to accomplish? Easy to find someone or kind of painful?

Tradesonred
05-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the info...

I like the sound of it so far. Any additional replies from anyone are appreciated.

Also, say I wanted to try and trade blue money for red money, how hard is that to accomplish? Easy to find someone or kind of painful?

Theres some scammers around, id do a thread where i ask to see whos reliable, off the top of my head samwise i beleive is trustworthy

I would do it too but i got trolls on me like flies on shit so youd probably get troll responses like dont trust this guy

JayN
05-07-2014, 03:05 PM
red is a nightmare, its like being stuck in groundhog day with Bill Murray but instead of a cute lil town to cause chaos in, it is really a bunch of sociopath angry no-life neck-beards chain killing one another.

It really is a dream come true

Eslade
05-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Theres some scammers around, id do a thread where i ask to see whos reliable, off the top of my head samwise i beleive is trustworthy

I would do it too but i got trolls on me like flies on shit so youd probably get troll responses like dont trust this guy

Don't trust this guy.

Not_Kazowi
05-07-2014, 03:14 PM
You have to understand that the Red server is the exact same game as Blue but with pvp enabled. So you will have the same PVE experience but with occasional interruptions.

The silver lining to this server is that you have full control over what you do. What I mean by that is if you want a camp that is taken, you can PVP over it. You do not have to wait in line or just go somewhere else like you would on blue. Unfortunately it is a double edged sword and people can do the same to you.

I would say leveling up you will not see much pvp, maybe a little bit but everyone is pretty focused on getting to the higher levels where the PVP really matters. Like someone said earlier, raid mobs are not on rotation and are fought for weekly. This gives everyone an opportunity to fight for what they want.

You can be just as blue on red as if you were playing blue, you will have to give up some zones though if you really want to avoid PVP.

Give it a try, level up. You can try to trade Blue for Red PP or items but I would say it isn’t really necessary to get started.

Tradesonred
05-07-2014, 03:16 PM
red is a nightmare, its like being stuck in groundhog day with Bill Murray but instead of a cute lil town to cause chaos in, it is really a bunch of sociopath angry no-life neck-beards chain killing one another.

It really is a dream come true

Theres some of that but most people i meet playing my alts are allrite.

Problem is theres a good percentage of that in the 2 top guilds that are raiding

Rettj
05-07-2014, 04:00 PM
It's like drinking heavily and the hang over after

It starts out coo, then gets funner and funner and funner until you start spiraling out of control and vomiting or manage to hold your shit together and take a fine ass babe home only to wake up in the morning ashamed and embarrassed because you may or may not have banged a fat chick in public.

Either way you end up sick.

Doors
05-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Server awesome again.

Karafa
05-07-2014, 04:51 PM
There's a solid amount of pvp at lower levels if you go looking for it, especially with the influx in new players. Can always find some pvp in qeynos/blackburrow and even gfay/kurns.

Casey VII
05-07-2014, 04:59 PM
all you need to know about red is on my website nurga