PDA

View Full Version : Bob Wants You!

citizen1080
05-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Let me preface this with saying that I am fairly well known on the server as a trusted and neutral party in most things, so before you rage and flame, actually read what I have to say. Then feel free to rage and flame.

I know I know...another Dead99 thread on the Blue forums. Let me apologize in advance as till a week ago I felt the same way as you. Who cares about Red?

But wait! Between being bored out of my skull on blue and the new changes to Red (no XP loss to PVP death, PNP rules enforced, +-4 Lvl PVP range, ~280% XP Bonus in a full group), I recently decided to give it a try.

I have been pleasantly surprised to say the least.

-People have been more helpful and friendly on Red than you see on Blue.

-Chat has been fine, a little shit talking but that's part of PVP, they are banning people for any racial slurs etc in chat that has driven a lot of us away from Red. So far, Red chat has been tamer than Blue. I think I've seen “you mad” once.

-Group XP bonus is INSANE...seriously...2% - 3% a kill in a full group last night. ~280% XP Bonus in a full group.

-As far as Griefing goes I have not experienced it yet. I had a monk chase me around Kurns for a bit but was able to double zone and hide to lose him. (didn’t have my spells for current level and he was yellow)

-And finally Raiding...while I haven’t had a chance to get this far on Red personally, I have seen the PvP text and spoke with raiders and with very little variance on Red, raiding basically comes down to the raiding guilds squaring off prior to the mob spawning and having a massive battle to decide who gets the kill. This sounds like a lot more fun than FTE Jav spam personally, or a rotation for that matter.

As you can see, my PVP has been pretty limited so far. Mostly this is due to the fact that anyone who can PVP with you (+-4 Lvls) is who you want to group with to get that sweet sweet bonus XP.

Which pretty much makes Red99 a Blubies PVE paradise. No waiting hours for camps, AC wanders around and dies to NPCs, Verina Tomb up for days on end in Nek...

The ONLY downside to Red at this point is the low population, but even with that there is almost always one group in each of the hot dungeons and they invite ANY class due to the new XP bonus mechanics. Now is the time to roll that Hybrid you have always wanted but didn’t due to XP penalty and the fact that no one wants you in a group due to it.

Now is the time to roll anything you want here really, you can still box your blue character while playing on red. So sit in the tunnel making fat stacks on Blue while you play Red. You will not regret it.

http://i.imgur.com/VUXSqcK.jpg

Scikala
05-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Not well known, but I back this and will duo/trio/group with anyone to help them catch up if I'm on!

I've got three character slots left!(been doing the above with a few friends)

khanable
05-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Honestly I've ran into nothing but cool folks on red

I'm basically geared out already and hit level 20 in like 3 days due to random high level folks helping out. Cool stuff.

I could just be a turkey, however - being fed to get nice and plump so they can gangfuck and eat me when I'm older

Goofier
05-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I find it amazing that there's more spam on the Blue forums for Red than for Velious beta.

Scikala
05-05-2014, 03:13 PM

I'm basically geared out already and hit level 20 in like 3 days due to random high level folks helping out. Cool stuff.

I could just be a turkey, however - being fed to get nice and plump so they can gangfuck and eat me when I'm older

Haha Cucumbers, I would not doubt this.

Tecmos Deception
05-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Verina Tomb up for days on end in Nek...

Haha, this. She has been up every time my chanter on red has gone through third gate. And I /rude her every time.

Swish
05-05-2014, 03:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ruEBksK.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/ruEBksK.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ruEBksK.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/ruEBksK.gif

Cecily
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Still waiting on my Azrael t-shirt.

mefdinkins
05-05-2014, 03:34 PM
So what would a camp like AC in OOT be?

I mean can you camp it? Do you have to buy it? Do you have to be a level 60 PVP monster to camp it without getting crushed? Do you have to stay level 50 and have a group of 10 people ready to fight to get it?

What are the rules of FTE and "camping" things?

Just for example - I'd imagine jboots are even more of a priority in PVP. If someone is at AC in OOT and I want it I just kill them? If AC spawns I can just kill them as soon as he spawns then take it myself? If someone kills AC and they're about to loot it can I kill them before they get to it and then loot it?

I also imagine blue as the wild west, in terms of violence? How do you even buy/sell? Or if you want to trade an expensive item do you risk getting shitted on by 10 wizards and then having them out run guards after looting your 100k?

Sorry if there are basic rules in place that explain this, I was just wondering.

Grubbz
05-05-2014, 03:34 PM
tldr: people are only nice on red because there trying to get more players, just wait until the bind camping starts.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-05-2014, 03:36 PM
A giant THIS.

Bob summed it up better than I could have.

Scikala
05-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Most trades happen at the banks in Cities, FP being the most common. And I know some people carry around plat bars/gems to pay for some smaller stuff, not sure how it goes for large purchases to prevent this to a certain extent..maybe?

As far as the AC thing, no idea as I just got forty.

sox7d
05-05-2014, 03:42 PM
you helped me transfer like 15k worth of stuff the other day, i will join red now

Swish
05-05-2014, 03:45 PM
http://i.minus.com/iDI6h58Bv3Crm.gif

Gulwin
05-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Grouped with you last night in GUK if you were on Dashi I was kleetis. Have to say the group exp bonus is amazing and I really have no interest in going back to blue now. Having a ton of fun leveling on the red server everyone should check it out. Lots of people starting fresh right now to. Cant wait for the guild pvp group battles.

Kasyra
05-05-2014, 03:50 PM
As a blue player, now firmly cemented in the Red scene, i have to say i have been nothing but pleasantly surprised by how much fun Ive had the last 2 weeks. I rolled a halfling cleric out of Rivervale cause i figured it would be the best place to tradeskill and exp at the same time. Now, two weeks later, Im 47 and 150 baker, 90 tailor, 30 smith, 60 brewer. I have a little over 1k in the bank and Ive managed to earn or quest all of my gear. got my first YT last night, thats Yellow text aka PVP victory, and it felt so damn good. I highly recommend red to anyone and Id be happy to help any bluebies make a smooth transition. just PM me here, or look for Leviticus in game. Im usually in SK camping grimrot or Sro camping AC lol

PRAS PVP!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-05-2014, 03:52 PM
http://i.minus.com/iDI6h58Bv3Crm.gif

Lmfao dose gifs doe

Swish
This is all actual testimony, what are y'all waiting for? :p

Tasslehofp99
I'll play red if my blue characters can be transferred over with no drop items, or someone gives me a fungi to level up with.

Scikala
05-05-2014, 03:55 PM
I'll play red if my blue characters can be transferred over with no drop items, or someone gives me a fungi to level up with.

You only need Fungi if youre soloing and if you solo on red...you're doing it wrong.

Swish
05-05-2014, 03:56 PM

Why would you need a fungi? There's groups happening all the time since the group XP bonus went in.

bigsykedaddy
05-05-2014, 03:58 PM
People always say come to red you will have fun etc. There was even a post saying giving out items to make the transition easier to leave blue. I log on and ask some ppl for a few plat to buy spells and they tell me to go fuck myself... hmmm no thanks.

citizen1080
05-05-2014, 04:01 PM
You would have gotten the same response on blue.

I've given away more plat and items than anyone on the blue server. But i have yet to give something to someone who asked for it.

Scikala
05-05-2014, 04:03 PM
People always say come to red you will have fun etc. There was even a post saying giving out items to make the transition easier to leave blue. I log on and ask some ppl for a few plat to buy spells and they tell me to go fuck myself... hmmm no thanks.

I highly doubt this happened, as for one there is a nice druid going around giving people some starter P - pretty sure you're exaggerating or were a harassing dick. Let alone you cant just expect handouts...go play the damn game.

Hell Ive had things just given to me by twinks in groups or people in general while Im playing, OUT OF THE BLUE. Never asked for a damn thing and both my characters were gifted weapons.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-05-2014, 04:04 PM

There are tons of threads from red99 vets that specifically list people you should send tells to for some starter equipment.

If you /ooc and beg, you're gonna have a bad time.

I repeat: IF YOU /OOC AND BEG, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME.

daasgoot
05-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Everyone is going to have different experiences.

one day i log on and someone gives me a port and leaves me with a ruby, someone gives me a couple items, and i meet some cool people.

the next day i log on, takes about 35 minutes to form a group and get everyone to zone to start killing, we kill 3 mobs, then are trained by a twink and killed over and over by the same guy until i say fuck it and log off..

sooo moral of the story, you will have your good days and bad days on this server, just depends who you run into.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Bob gives prudent financial advice worth many platinums, not items.

Scikala
05-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Everyone is going to have different experiences.

one day i log on and someone gives me a port and leaves me with a ruby, someone gives me a couple items, and i meet some cool people.

the next day i log on, takes about 35 minutes to form a group and get everyone to zone to start killing, we kill 3 mobs, then are trained by a twink and killed over and over by the same guy until i say fuck it and log off..

sooo moral of the story, you will have your good days and bad days on this server, just depends who you run into.

Stay out of most of the early dungeons, you don't need a ZEM! Real moral of the story. (not totally serious, but prudent advice.)

Thulack
05-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Lol thats basically what i said to Bob yesterday when we were talking about it. I likened it to feeding the Pigs for slaughter.

radditsu
05-05-2014, 05:36 PM
How much did they pay you Bob?

Ravager
05-05-2014, 05:42 PM

100k, but Bob had to pay Bob 10% to broker the deal.

citizen1080
05-05-2014, 05:50 PM

Not enough

100k, but Bob had to pay Bob 10% to broker the deal.

lol

GnashingOfTeeth
05-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Let me preface this with saying that I am fairly well known on the server as a trusted and neutral party in most things, so before you rage and flame, actually read what I have to say. Then feel free to rage and flame.

I know I know...another Dead99 thread on the Blue forums. Let me apologize in advance as till a week ago I felt the same way as you. Who cares about Red?

But wait! Between being bored out of my skull on blue and the new changes to Red (no XP loss to PVP death, PNP rules enforced, +-4 Lvl PVP range, ~280% XP Bonus in a full group), I recently decided to give it a try.

-Chat has been fine, a little shit talking but that's part of PVP, they are banning people for any racial slurs etc in chat that has driven a lot of us away from Red. So far, Red chat has been tamer than Blue. I think I've seen “you mad” once.

-Group XP bonus is INSANE...seriously...2% - 3% a kill in a full group last night. ~280% XP Bonus in a full group.

-As far as Griefing goes I have not experienced it yet. I had a monk chase me around Kurns for a bit but was able to double zone and hide to lose him. (didn’t have my spells for current level and he was yellow)

-And finally Raiding...while I haven’t had a chance to get this far on Red personally, I have seen the PvP text and spoke with raiders and with very little variance on Red, raiding basically comes down to the raiding guilds squaring off prior to the mob spawning and having a massive battle to decide who gets the kill. This sounds like a lot more fun than FTE Jav spam personally, or a rotation for that matter.

As you can see, my PVP has been pretty limited so far. Mostly this is due to the fact that anyone who can PVP with you (+-4 Lvls) is who you want to group with to get that sweet sweet bonus XP.

Which pretty much makes Red99 a Blubies PVE paradise. No waiting hours for camps, AC wanders around and dies to NPCs, Verina Tomb up for days on end in Nek...

The ONLY downside to Red at this point is the low population, but even with that there is almost always one group in each of the hot dungeons and they invite ANY class due to the new XP bonus mechanics. Now is the time to roll that Hybrid you have always wanted but didn’t due to XP penalty and the fact that no one wants you in a group due to it.

Now is the time to roll anything you want here really, you can still box your blue character while playing on red. So sit in the tunnel making fat stacks on Blue while you play Red. You will not regret it.

They are feeding you pork, before they take you to the slaughter house.
Stay happy. Kobe beef.

Malone88
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM

100% in agreement from my experience.

I will add that playing in off hours (Late PST) like I do can be a challenge
because groups are VERY hard to find and soloing is mind-numbingly slow without
decent gear...and will only get harder/impossible for many classes (melee) with higher levels.
Though on the plus side, not as many griefer twinks who want to
PK you and your group or KS your mobs in off hours.

Good time to try a hybrid though...which is what I'm doing...hoping the groups/duos
are out there somewhere.

Herpa Derp
05-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Rerolling a Necro. Herpa, iksar ftw.

Why not? Let's see how this goes RED.

Overweight
05-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Make 1 way transfer from blue to red available and I might consider..... really no reason not to.

Uteunayr
05-05-2014, 11:03 PM
I was told you cannot fear other players on Red. Is this true?

quido
05-05-2014, 11:04 PM
yes

Jauna
05-05-2014, 11:35 PM
All these changes to Red reminds me of EQLive when WoW came out, they made things easier, more casual, more accessible just to get and keep players, going against everything they used to believe in to struggle to survive.. and well, you know how that turned out.

webrunner5
05-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Just start a toon in Rivervale on Red and go to Runnyeye and NOBODY will kill you there. Worst zone in the game. You will have it all to yourself. :p

Clark
05-06-2014, 01:14 AM
I find it amazing that there's more spam on the Blue forums for Red than for Velious beta.

HawkMasterson1999
05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
...On the red rock candy mountain, the bards have wooden legs, all your gear is given free and you don't even have to beg. On the red rock candy mountain, people are so friendly and the PvP effects everyone but me and the bonus XP just falls from trees, on the red rock candy mountain...

LOL, forgive me for my skepticism but this sounds like a van filled with puppies and chocolate.

Grubbz
05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
If i start playing on red can i haz all da gnoll fangs?

Scikala
05-06-2014, 12:24 PM
If i start playing on red can i haz all da gnoll fangs?

Manmode the Gnoll dentist has out leveled the PvP range of BB...so theoretically unless someone has arisen to take his place, sure?

But grouping bonus outweights gnoll fang exp.

Fame
05-06-2014, 12:54 PM

I mean can you camp it? Do you have to buy it? Do you have to be a level 60 PVP monster to camp it without getting crushed? Do you have to stay level 50 and have a group of 10 people ready to fight to get it?

Just for example - I'd imagine jboots are even more of a priority in PVP. If someone is at AC in OOT and I want it I just kill them? If AC spawns I can just kill them as soon as he spawns then take it myself? If someone kills AC and they're about to loot it can I kill them before they get to it and then loot it?

I also imagine blue as the wild west, in terms of violence? How do you even buy/sell? Or if you want to trade an expensive item do you risk getting shitted on by 10 wizards and then having them out run guards after looting your 100k?

Sorry if there are basic rules in place that explain this, I was just wondering.

Camped oot jboots a few times on red. There is pvp if you want them.

Due to population there seems to be 3-5 ppl in oot most days, sometimes more sometimes less. It's usually empty at night and that is the best time to strike.

With the new +/-4 lvls change you could camp them with a lvl 50-55 and not have to worry about the lvl 60s out there farming.

I usually do seafuries and run over every few mins to kill ph, and keep killin furies till I get one to pop.

If there happens to be pvp for the mob, your best bet is probably waiting until they engage the mob and then jumping them while they have aggro. You can have "honor" or be dead and waiting for the next ph.

Trading, use cities and don't hold large coin if something feels fishy. Since the change to global ooc you'll probably find a lot of trades through forums.

Loke
05-06-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm personally just waiting for another 10 or 15 more posts like this before giving red a try.:rolleyes:

Zalaerian
05-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Hit up me up in game...more then happy to hook people up w starting PP and buffs. Most of my newb gear has dwindled tho

mefdinkins
05-06-2014, 02:52 PM
thanks zah...

webrunner5
05-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Hit up me up in game...more then happy to hook people up w starting PP and buffs. Most of my newb gear has dwindled tho

This does show there is some nice people on Red which there is.

tristantio
05-07-2014, 04:08 PM
So far it's a lot of fun, I'd suggest all red players keep logged in 24/7 also (on a level 1 pvp immune alt or something) to pad the population count as well.

There is a much bigger chance of additional (real) players joining if they see a server population listed at 400+ than one at 200 (I would think).

Rettj
05-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Powerful Bob

Any advocate against jav quest and rotation hand holding is OK in my book

citizen1080
05-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Had many people msg me on Red saying they are trying it due to this post! Come play with us pals!

Rettj
05-08-2014, 07:23 PM
U have my sword

citizen1080
05-08-2014, 08:53 PM
<3

thugcruncher
05-09-2014, 06:17 AM
watch out for manmode straight beast

Bamz4l
05-09-2014, 11:41 AM

the answer is "Yes" to every question. Also do trades at banks

Nirgon
05-09-2014, 11:58 AM
All these changes to Red reminds me of EQLive when WoW came out, they made things easier, more casual, more accessible just to get and keep players, going against everything they used to believe in to struggle to survive.. and well, you know how that turned out.

Rogean made things more classic and less retarded.

WoW did the opposite.

Custom EQ boxes fail, classic EQ boxes succeed.

Bamz4l
05-09-2014, 12:05 PM
I often find that people who have switched from blue to red usually have these "I have seen the light" type of explanations when they finally make the switch.

This is the same way how most of us got into EQ PVP back in classic. We just saw the light much earlier.

baalzy
05-09-2014, 12:08 PM
I've enjoyed my time on red, jus thaven't had much time to be in-game as of late. Looking forward to getting some love for my ranja in some groups.