PDA

View Full Version : help with necromancer pet spell (24)

polishanarchy
05-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post something like this. I'm pretty new to the game, got to level 10 a while ago then had to take a break. At any rate I'm back, now at level 24 on my iksar necromancer and trying to get the new pet spell. Does anyone know where I could look for words of allure? Or rather, what mobs I should be killing to see it drop? I've already tried going to EC to /auction for it but no luck there, and I don't think the forest giants I've been killing drop those words, if the wiki is accurate. Thanks!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
In my experience with words, they will usually drop of mobs of equivalent level to the spell level you're looking for.

In the case of your 24 pet spell, they will usually drop off level 24+ mobs. This is kind of counter to how most people level in that most people fight blues. So, if you wanted to get word drops for your 24 spells at say, level 23 or 24 you would need to fight white cons or higher....

Also keep in kind some words are more common than others. My enchanter has a ton of left-side pages and struggles to get the right side.

I don't have official numbers to back up what mobs a page will drop on, just that I've done a bunch of research on my characters and found it to hold true.

Uteunayr
05-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Hit me up ingame on Sesserdrix or Uteunayr, and I'll get you the 24 pet.

I find that Highkeep is a great place for Allure drops.

NegaStoat
05-05-2014, 05:15 PM
For researched necro spells, I found the following worked great for me.

Steps...
1) Make level 1 alts to explore different city vendors to locate needed words. Cities without necromancer / SK' guilds will have a higher chance of the vendors having them.
2) transfer plat (if necessary) to procure the words between main character / alt.
3) head to common hunting areas with mobs of the correct level for the drop of the words, AND that has nearby vendors. Try searching there.
4) once you have what you need, ask for spell combines from high level necros located in EC, Ocean of Tears (do a /who to confirm before venturing there) or yes, Felwithe at prime time. Those guard killers... Make sure you have your book to combine the spells to trade them, tip in bone chips or plat, and enjoy.

Most necros killing felwithe guards are incredibly cool and only too happy to help.

Swish
05-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Checking Highkeep vendors is generally a great way of finding a lot of research materials, as the varying level guards drop corresponding research words/runes/etc :p

Potus
05-05-2014, 08:09 PM
I've noticed certain mobs will drop 1-2 words repeatedly. For example I have got 5 Words of Bidding from Bloodgill Goblins in LOIO.

Is it best just to add that to the Wiki or start a thread?

polishanarchy
05-06-2014, 03:18 AM
Thanks for all the replies, guys. And shout-out to Uteunayr for providing the final ingredient and making the spell, thanks again!

I've been sticking to Kunark, but a few people have mentioned Highkeep and other places...is there a time when it would be best for me to venture off to another continent or can I stay put for now?

Thanks again everybody. :)