PDA

View Full Version : Sham Leveling Advice please

tagaa
05-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Hey im level 14 and seem to have a hard time killing things in oasis that are blue and even con. I have a banded set and a decent weapon. I cant seem to kill anything, mobs just do way to much dmg to me. Any advice on where to level ?

SCB
05-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Have you tried root/rotting? Root the mob and dot it, and sit back while it dies. Don't nuke it with a frost spell, as that is likely to break the root.

Otherwise, I don't know much about shamans in general, but at 14 white cons should be too tough for just about anyone who isn't twinked out. You want to be fighting things that were blue at like 12.

loramin
05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Beyond just that, you should give up on even cons; you're only supposed to be able to kill blues once you get past the first few levels. As for not being able to kill blue cons ... how are you doing it currently?

tagaa
05-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Well when it comes to blues I can kill them but I use most of my mana and health and have to rest after every fight.. ty for the responses ^^

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
05-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Have you tried grouping?

My shaman was poor starting out so soloing was hard. Pre 34 pretty tough to solo, pre 24 good luck at all.

Find someone that compliments the class and group up.

utenan
05-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Well when it comes to blues I can kill them but I use most of my mana and health and have to rest after every fight.. ty for the responses ^^

That's kinda just how this game works unfortunately, although your getting to the point where soloing/meleeing becomes much tougher as a shaman and grouping is the best way to go. Soloing as a shaman doesn't become very viable until you get cannibalize and a pet.

Ahldagor
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM
shamans don't really start to roll until you get canni 1. then you have more versatility solo or in group, and playing one becomes a lot more fun. stick with it and be patient. ickee - 40 iksar shaman

Xerxez
05-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Slow slow slow win win win

Sorock
05-01-2014, 10:32 PM
I just run with a monk!

Xerxez
05-01-2014, 10:53 PM
I just run with a monk!

Aww sokie and eikos how cute :p

Byrjun
05-02-2014, 01:01 AM
Shamans are garbage at lower levels. All of your spells cost too much mana and don't really do anything. You're best off grouping if you're not twinked. Once you at least get a pet soloing becomes a bit less painful, but it's not great until 50+ or so.

BlkCamel
05-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Check out the guide in my Signature, if you are evil you follow it to a T and solo 1-56+. No gear or groups required.

Pyrocat
05-02-2014, 02:08 AM
Slow slow slow win win win

This is terrible advice at low levels. It's way more effective to root/dot until you get canni and a pet.

Messianic
05-02-2014, 08:18 AM
This is terrible advice at low levels. It's way more effective to root/dot until you get canni and a pet.

This is only once you get affliction. Sicken is too slow and tainted breath is *barely* more efficient than spirit strike.

You're in a really annoying inbetween stage. It'll be hard for a bit :)

Xerxez
05-02-2014, 08:18 AM

The dude is like lvl 10 you think he has the mana to do that? Slow is op at low lvls. I solod to 41 for the most part on my shaman. Root rotting only starts being efficient at lvl 24 when you finally get dots that do damage. Grouping is always a better idea for the lower levels due to lack of damage. Just find stuff you can kill and take your time if you dont want to group or cant find one. Population has increased a lot lately on the server so your chances of finding a melee to help you kill are tremendous. Just go lfg or ask a monk or something. Also inner fire spam is way more mana efficient then any heal until normal "healing" unless in certain situations due to cast time. Just dont give up, shaman is my favorite class and ive been having a blast re-living the adventure!

Edit: spelling.

Xerxez
05-02-2014, 08:24 AM
Check out the guide in my Signature, if you are evil you follow it to a T and solo 1-56+. No gear or groups required.

This is an awesome guide btw I'd recommend if youre an evil shaman for sure

skorge
05-02-2014, 11:01 AM
if you can get your hands on a poison wind censer, it increase your melee DPS by a pretty good bit vs a 1 handed weapon...it's 20/28 I believe and goes for around 1.5k - I know that might be a bit but maybe you know a friend who can loan you the plat

a strong 2hb like that will save you from burning your mana on nukes, you will only need to nuke the mob once or twice using it instead of 3-4 times or so....

im leveling a shaman on Red now so I know the feeling

HawkMasterson1999
05-02-2014, 11:10 AM
oasis kind of sucks anyway. One thing you might try is killing wisps and collecting as many GLSs as you can then turn them in in NK for 9p each and a little bump of exp. Bandits in the karanas also drop sashes which can be turned in for exp and bronze weapons. These mobs will be light blue to green in some cases but the turn exp makes up for it. Its just about the best money for your level too so win win.

webrunner5
05-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Shamans are REALLY hard to play solo until level 24. And then not too great till you get your dog at level 34.

You will just have to plug along for awhile or go to a zone where you can get groups. Not many people are going to turn down a Shaman group wise trust me. It is well worth the trouble to keep leveling up, slow as it might seem, for the end result of having probably one of the best classes, both solo and group wise, on here.

But they are a busy class both grouping and solo. And can be very expensive gear wise to have a really nice one higher up. But you made a good decision. Just stick with it and you will be a happy camper down the road. :)

Sorock
05-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Aww sokie and eikos how cute :p

Second person to even notice (or atleast mention it)!

We group together non stop nightly and only one person has ever mentioned it.

Oddly enough there is an ikky necro running around that same levels named Soke. So that is cool too!

Xerxez
05-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Second person to even notice (or atleast mention it)!

We group together non stop nightly and only one person has ever mentioned it.

Oddly enough there is an ikky necro running around that same levels named Soke. So that is cool too!

Thats cuz I was the first to notice :p

-Cekk

loramin
05-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Joining a group is great advice, but if you do want to solo from 1-60 you absolutely can (I've done it ... well up to 56 anyway). However, be warned that it will amount to "root/rot mob #1, root/rot mob #2, go AFK for 5+ minutes while you med up, repeat". Bandits in WK are great for this, as are Aviaks in Lake Rathe and just about anything in SK.