PDA

View Full Version : Worst PvP Class Poll

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 10:29 PM
I was discussing this with some newbs on my 137th alt today and it really got me thinking. I guess we are talking about worst class 1v1 but you could also vote for the worst class in general.

DO NOT VOTE FOR WORST CLASS BASED ON PVE. This is WORST PVP Class. It is harder than I thought to narrow it down to one, just a warning.

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 10:32 PM
For now I am going to have to go with Mage. I can't bring myself to vote for any melee or tank because melee is unlimited DPS til dead. Epic pet is so badass for mage so I kinda regret it but I took into account survivability and utility which a mage is really lacking.

Colgate
04-30-2014, 10:34 PM
ranger is absolute trash without a windstriker

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 10:34 PM
oh dis thread has potential :D

heartbrand
04-30-2014, 10:35 PM

And yet will still rape any caster

Thrilla
04-30-2014, 10:36 PM
necro far and away if we're comparing how they were on live.

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 10:42 PM
my initial thought was necro but after considering harm shield, fd, innate mana regen(lich) and skel illusion, ect. just too much damn utility imo. they have the ability to gtfo, quickly recover, and return to battle.

Drakaris
04-30-2014, 11:02 PM
my initial thought was necro but after considering harm shield, fd, innate mana regen(lich) and skel illusion, ect. just too much damn utility imo. they have the ability to gtfo, quickly recover, and return to battle.

Burst damage is win and necros have none. Their dots are worse than shaman and their "immune to fear" pets aren't immune to fear.

Sure they have harmshield, but what does it achieve in 1v1? If you haven't laid down vexing moridinia, you are just giving the enemy a chance to cure/dispell before they finish you off.

Zalaerian
04-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Non-epic mage

nonphixion
04-30-2014, 11:11 PM

I can't voice my opinion on this because I have never played everquest until I played on this server.(35 nec now)
I'd really like to know how I can use feign death in a pvp fight though...?

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 11:14 PM
I can't voice my opinion on this because I have never played everquest until I played on this server.(35 nec now)

gets pets off you if people arent paying attention. alot of times you HS run into mobs and fd. people are dum, will chase you, and end up training themselves. gotta think outside the box, pvp isnt just about standing there and casting damage spells.

Zalaerian
04-30-2014, 11:16 PM

FD pets off

FD into a wall in mass pvp to hide

nonphixion
04-30-2014, 11:20 PM
thanks guys good answers,
LOL @ Fd into the wall never thought of that one

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 11:20 PM
LOL monks have done that and got me before. good move that i forgot about.

Danien
04-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Hard to choose between necro/ranger/mage.

Ranger DPS is still laughable (especially archery) and 2-handers are neither easy to get nor impressive once they're attained. The only thing they really got going for them is that they can outlast most classes in long drawn out fights, though being unable to finish their target.

Mages without epic are extremely limited but at least they can provide some degree of burst with current resists. I think of them as bad wizards.

Necros really lack strengths. Their spells take forever to cast and their burst is pretty bad. I guess they can hope to get the jump on someone or stack dots on multiple targets in mass pvp and hope they don't have cures/dispell...

I'd prob go with ranger being worst due to how useless they are in p much all situations when they dont have windstriker.

nonphixion
04-30-2014, 11:33 PM
LOL monks have done that and got me before. good move that i forgot about.

Isn't there a way to memorize a target through macros ? I read that somewhere
maybe that can be a good workaround to not being able to click on your target, also there is a closest pc button and cycle or something that is usefull but can take a while if theres alot of people around...
Unless the issue here is attacking or casting through walls maybe i got it wrong

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 11:37 PM
its not about not being able to target them, its not seeing them. u can fd into wall and barely have a pixel of your foot showing.

nonphixion
04-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Ok i get it now, neat trick

Rallyd
04-30-2014, 11:52 PM
Definitely necro, on live their lifedrains were not nerfed like they are here, say deflux does 330, it would do the 66% damage, but would still heal for 330 in pvp. also their pets not being fear immune, and also being incapable of duel wielding is bad news.

Bazia
05-01-2014, 03:36 AM
Necro easily wins hands down

I took one to 40 and really enjoyed it as it's one of my favorite classes but anyone with a pumice can take you out easily

Bazia
05-01-2014, 03:52 AM
ENC is a good PVP Class if you're not dumb

and yes Necro actually is terrible in PVP

Kergan
05-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Well, the type of PVP (1 on 1, small group, mass scale) wasn't defined, and that changes what classes are good quite a bit. Enchanter is a good example, 1 on 1 they stink but even in a small group with burst DPS classes they can be devastating. Cleric is unkillable 1 on 1 pretty much but does that make them good? They can't really kill anyone either. But in a big fight they are huge.

I think overall necro is the class that is the weakest. The bolt changes helped mages a lot this last patch. Rangers with windstriker are awesome, without are probably near the bottom but not horrible in the right scenarios.

Necros have a burst dps issue, and every form of damage they have is curable/dispellable aside from their horrible mana ratio lifetaps which don't even heal you when they hit a rune.

Necros were one of if not THE best PVP class on live up through this era because of how much easier it was to resist spells. Their one advantage is almost all of their spells are either disease/poison or unresistable. Plus lifetaps healed when it hit a rune, and deflux spam against a wizard would keep you alive longer than them in most cases because they had to use lures over machine gunning draughts.

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Enchanter is amazing in GRP pvp. Enchanter w shield is one of the most terrifying things to fight........I'm told :)

Fame
05-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Did the bolt fix help mages at all here or are people just going off of the old stuff: swords and rootgun nerf? Haven't been able to play but lobbing a few bolts at someone before they even realize what is happening sounds like a dream come true!

SamwiseRed
05-01-2014, 11:12 AM
ya i didnt specifiy 1v1, small gang, or large scale because it would be multiple polls. just think of it as overall, or maybe the class you would want to play the least on a pvp server. so far good answers. i am surprised any of the tanks/melee got put up, not sure if troll or not.

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Enchanter. They can do well against some classes 1v1 (like druid) but most everyone stacks mr gear. Tash helps, but even so... looong recast on nukes, easily resisted/dispelled dots, crimson potions. What, are they gonna dispell you to death? :P

Not saying they're absolutely horrible in pvp, because really no class is. But in most scenarios, it's either win quickly with charmed pet or lose.

4 slot dispells, tash, rapture, cripple on casters, mana drains. Not to mention haste on your melee . GRM, C2. Skel illusion to keep you as slippery as possible. Enchanters are amazing

Kergan
05-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Melees are very gear dependent, and you didn't specify a level range either. A level 35 untwinked warrior is going to get manhandled by a shaman for example.

freez
05-01-2014, 12:03 PM
ENC is a good PVP Class if you're not dumb

and yes Necro actually is terrible in PVP

no

freez
05-01-2014, 12:04 PM
4 slot dispells, tash, rapture, cripple on casters, mana drains. Not to mention haste on your melee . GRM, C2. Skel illusion to keep you as slippery as possible. Enchanters are amazing

you forgot to mention completely fucked vs a melee with average mr gear or a crim pot

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 12:24 PM
4/5 things I mentioned are not affected by MR. You yourself will not get a lot of YT but what you bring to the table secures kills for your team

HippoNipple
05-01-2014, 12:26 PM
4/5 things I mentioned are not affected by MR. You yourself will not get a lot of YT but what you bring to the table secures kills for your team

Yeah but 5/5 of the things you mentioned won't stop a rogue with a crim pot from taking you out real quick.

freez
05-01-2014, 12:27 PM
exactly

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Shield click into rapture. One of my favorite things to do is pull some tunnel vision melee into Africa then sit him down with full duration raptures while /assisting spells, on MA calls

Bazia
05-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Every class type has another class type that can rape it about 100% of the time 1v1 (Except maybe Bard)

Doesn't change the fact that ENC's don't suck and if you think they do then you just may be a bad elfsim player.

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Wind striker ranger counters bards pretty hard

Bazia
05-01-2014, 01:02 PM
good contribution lad

Barladore
05-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Anything except a geared pure melee

Colgate
05-01-2014, 03:37 PM
enchanter with shield of the immaculate is pretty much unbeatable by any class 1v1

heartbrand
05-01-2014, 03:40 PM
enchanter with shield of the immaculate is pretty much unbeatable by any class 1v1

except any melee with MR

Colgate
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
except any melee with MR

melee will just die to any pet while crippled/rooted unless they zone or the enchanter has down's syndrome(most of the playerbase as a concession)

heartbrand
05-01-2014, 03:44 PM
o so now u mean 1v1 in a zone where the enchanter has a pet? ok

Rettj
05-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I 2v1d Tbrs w shield and a wizard on my cleric once

Not everyone is as powerful as me tho

heartbrand
05-01-2014, 03:53 PM
could just mighty strike warrior the enchanter also for instant win even with pet on u

Barladore
05-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Yea, chanter stands no chance against a geared warrior or t staffed monk. I'd take both checkraise and colgate over any enchanter 1v1.

SamwiseRed
05-01-2014, 04:28 PM
well i think we can all agree the worst class is a clothie, just which one.

edit: just noticed ranger has pulled ahead of mage. interesting.

Colgate
05-01-2014, 04:32 PM
o so now u mean 1v1 in a zone where the enchanter has a pet? ok

even an animation pet stops you from pumicing/curing

fight will last forever but against a smart enchanter? naw he ain't gonna die to you

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I 2v1d Tbrs w shield and a wizard on my cleric once

Not everyone is as powerful as me tho

What? You talkin bout neriak where u ran like hell?

Rettj
05-01-2014, 04:36 PM
What? You talkin bout neriak where u ran like hell?

Talkin bout Neriak when I used my lightning quick reflexes to change resist gear depending on elemental spell type from wizard and kept 4 clickies running against ur recant

Eventually wiz went oom and I strolled over the zoneline to prey on nakeds

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Jesus Christ retti. This isnt riff raff. You can't type what dream of one day accomplishing

Rettj
05-01-2014, 04:50 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c46ffa84e95495390700d9ff2a4c2cf7/tumblr_mrrchvM4pY1sd73aqo1_r1_400.gif

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Now your going all andis on me stealin my gifs n shit

SamwiseRed
05-01-2014, 05:06 PM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/hWT3yBQecuPM4/giphy.gif

diplo
05-01-2014, 05:14 PM
I vote mage only if you're not ready to pvp (i.e. without a pet up) which is a good portion of the time.

SamwiseRed
05-01-2014, 05:15 PM
agree a mage without a pet is far worse than a necro without one.i stand by my mage choice.

heartbrand
05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
even an animation pet stops you from pumicing/curing

fight will last forever but against a smart enchanter? naw he ain't gonna die to you

animation ruins rapture shield quest because you can't control it so it will continually break it. with 200+ MR enchanter nukes do 25 damage / resisted outright. Even with tash I can have my unbuffed MR above 130.

Rettj
05-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Mage with epic, eh
Mage without epic end game, worst (pet spells DONT land, no escape)
Mage without epic leveling up, decent (pet spells land)

Then again now that bolts can be queued up and don't poof when u hit jboot, they should be doing a lot better

Mages got long overdue love, now let's fix life tap heal amount, pvp dot damage, and for the love of god make EoT a GOOD pet like it's supposed to be

And non classic dot death YT after zoning pras shamans pras necros pras druids

That is all

Colgate
05-01-2014, 05:38 PM
animation ruins rapture shield quest because you can't control it so it will continually break it. with 200+ MR enchanter nukes do 25 damage / resisted outright. Even with tash I can have my unbuffed MR above 130.

the absolute highest unbuffed MR my monk can have is 150

with tash, i'll be getting rooted, crippled, nuked for a decent amount, etc.

he might not be able to kill me but i certainly won't be able to kill him if he doesn't stand there trying to channel spells through melee

Rettj
05-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Seawall have u played an ench on this box?

Having nuke 100% resisted after tash and strip is pathetic. Your arguing about on-paper pvp and not how it actually happens.

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
yaw cwall...even w tash, i get full resist dementias all the time.

Colgate
05-01-2014, 06:05 PM
idk i've fought shielded enchanters on this box and every time i stick around they either sit there like morans and get tstaffed or they'll rapture, cure, land a cripple, and my 115 str unbuffed means i'm snared with no way of pumicing it off because whatever pet they have is on me

prob ain't gonna kill the melee but they're not gonna be able to do jack shit against you

heartbrand
05-01-2014, 06:24 PM
ya dunno I have 255 strength and innate 50 MR cuz warrior

Rettj
05-01-2014, 06:39 PM
How often do you run around unbuffed? Trying to pell an epic monk is laughable, but I guess I kind of Se what your saying with the 100 strenf, that's real low.

I still think unless they got a jump on you and had first cast land, it's not gonna happen. If you duel wielded epic fists your interrupting every spell he has after rune breaks.

Melee vs caster is real jacked here.

Korrupt
05-01-2014, 06:44 PM
why would you vote cleric worst. idiots.

lite
05-01-2014, 06:45 PM

was gonna vote necro, but they can survive a while b/c of illusion and 2 DA's. DMF for PVP is nice too

Colgate
05-01-2014, 06:46 PM
How often do you run around unbuffed? Trying to pell an epic monk is laughable, but I guess I kind of Se what your saying with the 100 strenf, that's real low.

I still think unless they got a jump on you and had first cast land, it's not gonna happen. If you duel wielded epic fists your interrupting every spell he has after rune breaks.

Melee vs caster is real jacked here.

i'm unbuffed most of the time tbh, but this is a discussion assuming the caster isn't pants-on-head retarded and trying to channel long casts through melee

like i said, prob not gonna kill the melee anytime soon, but they won't be able to do anything at all other than zone, /q, or die after 20 mins unless they're 100% best in slot like hb is assuming

filthyphil
05-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Having both a 50+ necro and ranger I can say that in comparison they both had ups and downs...

The ranger did well against casters but was totally victimized by shamans and most melees assuming the player wasn't total shit. If bows worked properly(as I understand it they don't) for rangers they would be much more dangerous.

While the necro did well against melee classes assuming I could shadowstep, it was virtually useless against other casters, & in most cases players were able to escape without YT.

I would rely heavily on having the advantage of surprise & terrain on my opponents, which is easily achieved with either class.

Rystar
05-01-2014, 07:27 PM
i'm unbuffed most of the time tbh, but this is a discussion assuming the caster isn't pants-on-head retarded and trying to channel long casts through melee

like i said, prob not gonna kill the melee anytime soon, but they won't be able to do anything at all other than zone, /q, or die after 20 mins unless they're 100% best in slot like hb is assuming

Gotta agree with Cwall because honestly if the Chanter with shield isn't a retard he should be able to make the melee useless, yes the melee can probably get away if he choose to but he sure as hell wont kill the Chanter. Even with mighty strike, it would be the chanters fault for getting close enough to get zerked. I guess if your talking about fighting in a box you could get them but again it would be the chanters fault for going in the box with you.

At the very least the chanter can keep you raptured until you grow old and die, as I don't know many melees who carry more than 4-5 crim pots as bag space is at a premium with potions, pumace and clickies.

On top of all that in a group fight Chanters just rock. Chanters are closer to the top of the list vs the bottom IMO.

Rettj
05-01-2014, 07:30 PM
We're also making assumptions 1v1, open zone without agro npcs, etc

Let's put said enchanter and said melee at seb zone in

Let's put said enchanter and said melee in middle of South karana

This is why we all like EQ PVP, real world PvP where the circumstances are.never the same, the fight is never fair for someone, and it's as much a part of adapting as it is knowing your class and their class.

heartbrand
05-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Rapture costs a shit ton of mana and you can't tap the melee

Zalaerian
05-01-2014, 08:31 PM
if a melee is dum enough to follow the chanter away from the melee pack and eats a rapture, he's out of the fight. you dont need to kill them, just take them out of the picture. the chanter then can continue to assist his team with pells and just keep a clock running in his head to refresh rapture on that melee.

I did this saturday to who ever was on Bangan (tho a shaman). Was off the left of KC ent in the ruins near no one, just free casting. He ate like 3 back to back raptures,taking him out of the fight for nearly 2 mins. Rapture, run out some to the fight, pell/tash MA, run back andrefresh rapture, run back out ect

Korrupt
05-01-2014, 08:40 PM
a good enchanter is scary 1v1, usually run... mana drain fucking sucks

SamwiseRed
05-01-2014, 09:11 PM
i run if i see bards.

Drakaris
05-01-2014, 09:11 PM
was gonna vote necro, but they can survive a while b/c of illusion and 2 DA's. DMF for PVP is nice too

Da serves little purpose in small scale pvp. If lifetaps healed for the full amount in pvp and melee interrupt wasn't so broken, necros could actually survive using deflux and shadowstep against melee that know how to pell and cure.

nilzark
05-01-2014, 09:27 PM
I think what we are trying to say here is that it is hard to choose a 'worst' class because our classes are better suited, dare I say balanced, for PVP than they are for PVE.

SamwiseRed
05-01-2014, 09:27 PM
bard 0% votes, guess we know who the best is :)

Barladore
05-01-2014, 10:38 PM
And yet will still rape any caster

I'd be comfortable fighting a winderstrikerless ranger on a wiz/chanter or epic mage. In fact, I now vote ranger. Can't believe how lucky nihilum has gotten on dem windstrikers... Poor brainz

Korrupt
05-01-2014, 10:50 PM
bard 0% votes, guess we know who the best is :)

sad thing is, bards are more op on p99 than they were on rz.

SamwiseRed
05-01-2014, 11:07 PM
sad thing is, bards are more op on p99 than they were on rz.

its not the class in most cases, it was that everyone was stupid in classic.

Korrupt
05-01-2014, 11:12 PM
resists still arent like they were on live, probably will never be.

Drakaris
05-02-2014, 12:06 AM
I'd be comfortable fighting a winderstrikerless ranger on a wiz/chanter or epic mage. In fact, I now vote ranger. Can't believe how lucky nihilum has gotten on dem windstrikers... Poor brainz

lol over half a dozen windstriker rangers and we are lucky if even 1 logs in to contest repop days!

Those pixels are being very well utilised!

Colgate
05-02-2014, 12:10 AM
yaw like masaka letting his corpse rot in plane of hate ehehehh

last i saw was when we ported to hate a week after the willan train + death threats in /ooc fiasco and his corpse had 20 minutes left on it

Drakaris
05-02-2014, 12:14 AM
yaw like masaka letting his corpse rot in plane of hate ehehehh

last i saw was when we ported to hate a week after the willan train + death threats in /ooc fiasco and his corpse had 20 minutes left on it

I hope you love pve bro, it takes devotion to see many characters get geared over a year and quit/sell out.

Is your pve neck beard ready?

Gaanon
05-02-2014, 12:37 AM
I hope you love pve bro, it takes devotion to see many characters get geared over a year and quit/sell out.

Is your pve neck beard ready?

I was curious how long Nizzar would keep it up regearing his 16th guild roster 50+ hrs a week, guys a sick individual.

In my entire life, never seen anything like it, biggest nerd of my time.

I'm sure some of the real competitive games would disgust me too, I get these dota play cards or w/e and most of their pictures are the biggest fucking losers imaginable.

I'd really like to hear someday the $'s he made to keep up that up.

Maybe more guilds can get raid mobs and stabilize themselves here !

Smedy
05-02-2014, 01:16 AM
I was curious how long Nizzar would keep it up regearing his 16th guild roster 50+ hrs a week, guys a sick individual.

naw, he gave up same day rmt ban wave hit the server, it's pretty obvious what was going on, if the guy made money props to him

Drakaris
05-02-2014, 01:25 AM
naw, he gave up same day rmt ban wave hit the server, it's pretty obvious what was going on, if the guy made money props to him

It also coincided with the release of Diablo 3, you can remove that tin foil hat. Rmt was not paying his rent.

Smedy
05-02-2014, 01:57 AM
sure, but didnt see him leave for D3 original release, which should have been a bigger pull considering everyone had big expectations for it to be a good game

i didn't even bother to buy the expansion, it's clear to me blizzard is garbage these days

on topic: i think the worst all around pvp class on red99 is mage

broken epic pet, root/fear lands all the time, very unclassic
most mages don't even have epic which makes them even more useless
bolts are broken as fuck

Rettj
05-02-2014, 02:00 AM
sure, but didnt see him leave for D3 original release, which should have been a bigger pull considering everyone had big expectations for it to be a good game

i didn't even bother to buy the expansion, it's clear to me blizzard is garbage these days

bolts are broken as fuck

Gat dayum u dumb as surströmming

Drakaris
05-02-2014, 02:07 AM
bolts are broken as fuck

You might want to double check the point regarding Mage bolts...

diplo
05-02-2014, 11:24 AM

bolts are broken as fuck

yaw, i put in a petition when I got my epic...we got a *slight MR/speed raise on our pets, but my pet still gets rooted 95% of the time even with the 10MR daggers. I think pets should be closer to 100+ MR with the daggers, but I don't know what sundawg put their MR at with the patch last year.

yay for multi- bolts, but the classic dbl lev damage won't be put in. bolt's still way too slow, graphics ugly as fuck, and LoS broken.

Not to mention, we are the first to get targeted in mass pvp which makes the class less fun to play :(

Elspeth
05-02-2014, 02:40 PM
got that candy doe

SamwiseRed
05-02-2014, 04:24 PM
id like to know why people are picking sham, druid, warrior, rogue, monk, ect. da fuck

Pitborn
05-02-2014, 04:40 PM
I quit long ago, but a buff to EOT would make a pretty huge difference for Necros in pvp here.

Yes Necro dot's take too long to cast, but it's all about tactics and if u stand there expecting to drop dots on people in open pvp, you deserve to get fucked.

Necro might be the worst in popular opinion, but i'd still rather play one then a ranger any day.

SamwiseRed
05-02-2014, 04:53 PM
come back dude, show these necs hows its done

Vile
05-02-2014, 05:03 PM
id like to know why people are picking sham, druid, warrior, rogue, monk, ect. da fuck

you did ask a bunch of retards...

Zalaerian
05-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Autism detected

Warrior
baalzy, Cap3r3, citizen1080, Duncon, justin2090, Lron, Malone88, Razn, Renem, Sakuraba, Shortstop, vanklaus

Drakaris
05-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I quit long ago, but a buff to EOT would make a pretty huge difference for Necros in pvp here.

Yes Necro dot's take too long to cast, but it's all about tactics and if u stand there expecting to drop dots on people in open pvp, you deserve to get fucked.

Necro might be the worst in popular opinion, but i'd still rather play one then a ranger any day.

In a dungeon, necros die in pvp even with corner casting. You are basically saying that you need to be outdoors and hiding in terrain. That's great and true but let's compare that with a wizard doing the same thing.

6 seconds for ebolt, vexing moridinia, or cessation that do 97, 66 and 69 damage per tick respectively. Pyrocuror 4 seconds cast and splurt also 4 seconds but easily removed with pumice.

Wizard with sunstrike is over 1200 damage in 1 nuke (6-7 seconds). Necros are fucking terrible on this server.

Play one like a wizard with lifetaps you will still lose toe to toe because lifetaps don't heal for the full amount thus you will lose in a toe to toe nuke out. Also outdoors good luck channelling through an epic ranger. Without sow pots they will chase you done and destroy you (and most clothies really).

Recycled Children
05-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Druids. No one likes hippies.

Rystar
05-02-2014, 07:58 PM
its not the class in most cases, it was that everyone was stupid in classic.

Bingo and also not NEARLY as well geared as everyone is now.

dethbringre
05-02-2014, 08:23 PM
There isn't really a class thats bad, theres bad players.

However, a tiny tweak in resists or melee dmg can destroy this statement pretty quickly.

Zuranthium
05-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Have the classes actually been balanced decently for the current server?

Is it worth playing Wizard? Or is it just melee-quest once they get geared?

Azure
05-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Have the classes actually been balanced decently for the current server?

Is it worth playing Wizard? Or is it just melee-quest once they get geared?

Balance in EQ... naw, never was and is not.

Wizard? Viable for most of the game. End game vs 60's you probably will get plenty of killshots or be killed first. OK for sniping players out in the open were you can shadowstep away and maximise your clicky epic.

Melee's all have the pro of being able to do dmg until they are dead not just out of mana.

Zuranthium
05-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Balance in EQ... naw, never was and is not.

Well after all of the work they put in to improve the server and make a great deal of non-classic changes I wasn't sure if they also wised up and decided to improve on this aspect as well.

Oh well.

Potus
05-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Only one person voted Wizard and that's probably a gimmick vote. Wizard are powerful as fuck on this server so yeah totally worth it.

Imago
05-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Who the hell picked monk?

heartbrand
05-03-2014, 10:00 PM
How the fuck did warriors, potentially the best pvp class in the game, get 13 votes?

vouss
05-03-2014, 10:05 PM
warriors can't fight in out door zones HEH

Rettj
05-04-2014, 12:11 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/021/1/6/ass_burgers_by_felis_maula-d37qw84.png