PDA

View Full Version : You win.

Tzeriel
04-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Don't even care anymore. Is Shaman good for pvP?

Scikala
04-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Dunno, but I'm here too. If you read the class thread I made yesterday, some people scored shaman kind of low.

Let me know what ya make, I'll start something in the same city as you to help level, get that sweet duo exp.

Sheriff
04-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Not if people are smart enough to use cure poison pots that's another shaman sold them.

Not_Kazowi
04-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Don't even care anymore. Is Shaman good for pvP?

Anything is good for pvp. Maybe 1v1 or solo some classes are better sure, but you should be playing with friends or other people and not just solo all the time.

Like what has been repeated, play what you want and have fun.

Sheriff
04-30-2014, 09:48 AM
Anything is good for pvp. Maybe 1v1 or solo some classes are better sure, but you should be playing with friends or other people and not just solo all the time.

Like what has been repeated, play what you want and have fun.

/agree some people are so passionate about wood elves that they are will to delete level 58 ogre warriors to make a wood elf warrior. I think this is a great example of why you should just play what you want from the start. ; p

Not_Kazowi
04-30-2014, 09:54 AM
/agree some people are so passionate about wood elves that they are will to delete level 58 ogre warriors to make a wood elf warrior. I think this is a great example of why you should just play what you want from the start. ; p

Lol

Sheriff
04-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Lol

Love you!

Elspeth
04-30-2014, 10:22 AM
shamans arent effective against competent players at all. most halfway decent players carry cure pots with them 24/7 rendering a shaman completely inept. rexx is clueless.

Rettj
04-30-2014, 10:35 AM
shamans arent effective against competent players at all. most halfway decent players carry cure pots with them 24/7 rendering a shaman completely inept. rexx is clueless.

if you think shamans arent effective, you sir are clueless

@OP, yes Shaman is excellent in PvP, lots of tricks and damage for both group/solo

Zalaerian
04-30-2014, 10:46 AM
While shaman DMG is weak, they are not terrible in PvP, you just need to understand their role. Dots are awful on this server. The DMG they do is weak on this box and thats assuming it isn't insta cured. A shaman shines by keeping melee buffed which is huge. A haste in a pinch, dex buffs ect go along way. Spot healing is also needed.

Elspeth
04-30-2014, 10:53 AM

Elspeth
04-30-2014, 10:54 AM
if your idea of pvp is DEX buffing melees and patch healing then sure, knock yourself out.

heartbrand
04-30-2014, 10:58 AM
god shamans were such beasts in classic here. being pox'ed or w/e it was, was essentially a death senttence

Elspeth
04-30-2014, 11:01 AM
its kind of sad really, shamans should be an awesome pvp class, but through potions they have sold each other out for the platinums.

Telron
04-30-2014, 11:02 AM
its kind of sad really, shamans should be an awesome pvp class, but through potions they have sold each other out for the platinums.

Shamans their own enemies it seems.

Pudge
04-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Ya just play whatever you feel like. The majority of the time you spend on the server will be doing normal blue stuff anyway. We just like those exciting sprinkles of human competition

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 11:19 AM
if OP is the same Tzriel from blue (Knight Who Say Ni) i am pleasantly surprised to see you here after all that smack talk about how stupid red is :) i wont hold that against ya tho, welcome to red.

everyone has a fresh start here.

freez
04-30-2014, 11:34 AM
i love these blue posts like red is some icy pool that theyre afraid to touch

or like some beaten abandoned child that just walked out of the jungle looking for food

Sheriff
04-30-2014, 11:34 AM
While shaman DMG is weak, they are not terrible in PvP, you just need to understand their role. Dots are awful on this server. The DMG they do is weak on this box and thats assuming it isn't insta cured. A shaman shines by keeping melee buffed which is huge. A haste in a pinch, dex buffs ect go along way. Spot healing is also needed.

Epic rogue with shaman buffs and support can be unstoppable. That is of course if it not a rogue being played by Kairen.

Fame
04-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Shaman gonna be fun pvp around lvl 34, welcome to the jungle :D

Rettj
04-30-2014, 01:39 PM
I distinctly remember getting several solo kills as a shaman, even against twinked melees so ashamed they detag.

Guess yall don't know how to eqpvp

Not_Kazowi
04-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Whatever class you end up going, send me a tell in game on Rexx.

I will be out of town until next week but will hook you up with whatever I can to help get you started.

Tzeriel
04-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Will do. Going with Shaman. Names Hexmage

BattleToad
04-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Red Shaman 4 Life

Scikala
04-30-2014, 02:17 PM
I'll be his duo buddy as a monk, watching his back....as he gets backstabbed by a rogue and crumpled.

Sheriff
04-30-2014, 04:03 PM
I'll be his duo buddy as a monk, watching his back....as he gets backstabbed by a rogue and crumpled.

Watch out for level 2 epic rogues.

Scikala
04-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Watch out for level 2 epic rogues.

Less likely than...blue?!

Lyrith
04-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Less likely than...blue?!

Wish I had time to play, I can barely keep up with raiding on Blue. I would totally play something up with you guys on Red with this sweet new grouping exp.

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Wish I had time to play, I can barely keep up with raiding on Blue. I would totally play something up with you guys on Red with this sweet new grouping exp.

red better for casuals with this xp bonus. get 3x the xp you would get on blue while grouped. also most camps are open and if they are not you can pvp for them.

Lyrith
04-30-2014, 04:44 PM
red better for casuals with this xp bonus. get 3x the xp you would get on blue while grouped. also most camps are open and if they are not you can pvp for them.

I agree with your comment 100% if I was worried about leveling up. I'm just saying I barely have time to make the raids on blue, so def wouldn't have time to level up again in between blue raids.

SamwiseRed
04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
I agree with your comment 100% if I was worried about leveling up. I'm just saying I barely have time to make the raids on blue, so def wouldn't have time to level up again in between blue raids.

what char you lookin to play anyway. im not making any promises but i plan to help certain classes. also thinking about giving away a handful of lvl 35 alts i have.

freez
04-30-2014, 04:46 PM

Thats why you stop standing in line for raids all together.

Not_Kazowi
04-30-2014, 04:51 PM

Take a 1 weeks sabbatical from blue and give red a chance. You won't look back.. We will get you started with gear and maybe a little PL. You will kick yourself for wasting so much time raiding useless items on a blue server!

Lyrith
04-30-2014, 05:41 PM
what char you lookin to play anyway. im not making any promises but i plan to help certain classes. also thinking about giving away a handful of lvl 35 alts i have.

Between a Wife and Daughter I really only have a an hour or two a night or some days maybe 4-5 hours if they are out doing something. But typically I never make this game a priority unless it is Trak/VP Dragon.

As far as rolling on red... I played a cleric/enchanter on Vallon back in the day. But I think I would be tempted to do Rogue/Warrior/Monk, but I can always be twisted if I meet a good group of friends that I like to play with.

Lyrith
04-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Thats why you stop standing in line for raids all together.

From what I understand raiding on Red isn't much different than blue when it comes to Trak/VP Dragons... Batphone goes out and you login and kill it correct? I waste no time on blue "Waiting" to kill something. Raiding is actually really quick, it's finding the time to level an alt or move stuff around or get another character to 60 to leave him parked somewhere else.

Wish I could play at work everyday and I would be set! :D

Lyrith
04-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Take a 1 weeks sabbatical from blue and give red a chance. You won't look back.. We will get you started with gear and maybe a little PL. You will kick yourself for wasting so much time raiding useless items on a blue server!

All these promises make it seem like I am doing deals with the devil. lol, on a serious note, until I ever got a level 60 on red in a guild or 50+ in a raiding guild to work on epics. Blue will always have/want to be my first priority.

I've worked to hard here to get where I am and be in the guild I wanted to be in with great people.