PDA

View Full Version : Bad mouse lag while playing p99 (sometimes)

Portasaurus
04-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Occasionally, I'll experience very bad mouse lag while playing EQ to the point that precision of mouse clicks is pretty reliably unreliable. When I am experiencing this symptom, the mouse jumps around the screen ~20 pixels at a time.

Why would this happen with 15 year old tech on a modern system?

The lag is pretty much exactly the kind of thing you see from either:

1) an overtaxed cpu
2) low wireless mouse battery
3) using an incompatible surface for the optical mouse

None of these three scenarios exist when the mouse does this. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it starts doing this. I've had hours-long sessions without a single issue. I've had other days where it's caused me to borderline ragequit while trying to sell groceries.

The lag is reminiscent of using go-to-meeting or other screen-sharing programs across a slowish connection.

Does anybody else experience this behavior from their mouse *only while playing eq?*? Has anybody overcome this problem?

Thanks!

Somekid123
04-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Where there is lag or for whatever reason ive had it if im holding down right click, slightly move to the left or right my character goes spazzy or is looking down at his feet or above his head, to overcome it I just use the arrow-keys in that situation, but its very rare it happens, usually if im in first person mode with buff graphics infront of me.

Halius
04-28-2014, 01:31 PM
I've had this happen a few times. I will randomly right click to look around me when I run around and occasionally my mouse will freak out and I will be staring at the ground or completely turned around.

loramin
04-28-2014, 02:14 PM
I have had this issue happen several times, but I'd just assumed it was my crappy (laptop touchpad) mouse's driver.

Mandalore93
04-28-2014, 02:33 PM
I had a similar issue while trying to bard kite at full speed. My mouse will just freak the hell out and turn me around completely to get me smacked around. ;P

I wonder what all our DPI's are and the mouse sensitivity set in game and on the console? I'm sitting at 2600, full speed on the console, and roughly sixty percent ingame. I also wonder if it's just due to an incompatibility with the client in regards to some of the mouse drivers?

Portasaurus
04-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Hilarious. Everybody else's experience with this is getting smacked by merbs, whereas this causes me to click on Wolf Sandwich instead of Bear Sandwich. It's still irritating.

The tinfoil in me wants to say this is a result of periodic screenviewing by NSA / powers-that-be, because it really emulates what happens over a remote screen-share session to a really fine point.

Shamalam
04-28-2014, 02:37 PM
I had a similar issue while trying to bard kite at full speed. My mouse will just freak the hell out and turn me around completely to get me smacked around. ;P

Same here. Is there a reliable way to swarm kite at low levels without using the mouse to turn? If not, I may just throw my little bard on the backburner for a while. :(

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Occasionally, I'll experience very bad mouse lag while playing EQ to the point that precision of mouse clicks is pretty reliably unreliable. When I am experiencing this symptom, the mouse jumps around the screen ~20 pixels at a time.

Why would this happen with 15 year old tech on a modern system?

The lag is pretty much exactly the kind of thing you see from either:

1) an overtaxed cpu
2) low wireless mouse battery
3) using an incompatible surface for the optical mouse

None of these three scenarios exist when the mouse does this. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it starts doing this. I've had hours-long sessions without a single issue. I've had other days where it's caused me to borderline ragequit while trying to sell groceries.

The lag is reminiscent of using go-to-meeting or other screen-sharing programs across a slowish connection.

Does anybody else experience this behavior from their mouse *only while playing eq?*? Has anybody overcome this problem?

Thanks!

It's the USDA remoting in on you for your poor food handling practices.

I reported you when you made the thread about food being on the ground.

NEVAR FORGET

Portasaurus
04-28-2014, 03:33 PM
It's the USDA remoting in on you for your poor food handling practices.

I reported you when you made the thread about food being on the ground.

NEVAR FORGET

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/12/thanks_obama-16196.gif

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
04-28-2014, 04:35 PM
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/12/thanks_obama-16196.gif

Lmao

Mandalore93
04-28-2014, 11:08 PM
I have that issue as well portosaurus

Shamalam, I just strafe kite