PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Sunday, April 27th, 2014

Rogean
04-27-2014, 05:43 AM
Project 1999: Red glares at you threateningly - Is Your Body Red-y?

There has never been a better time to roll on Project 1999: Red whether you played on the server in the past, or have been on the fence about trying Red for a long time. With many recent changes to not only PvP mechanics, but server rules, Project 1999 Red is now a welcoming and inviting introduction to PvP, while still remaining challenging enough for the most die-hard PvP fans to enjoy.

We will be running GM events all week long over on Red 1999, culminating this weekend in a series of events designed to showcase PvP, the Red community, and help our new Red players get started! The current Red players will be participating in helping to run these events; feel free to drop by and ask them some questions if you're new to the server. You will be pleasantly surprised at how welcoming they really are.

For more details on the Red changes that went in this patch, as well as a list of changes we've made in the past to improve your experience, please visit this thread. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148678)

See you in-game!

Code:
Rogean: The forumula for Spells/Disciplines that increase defensive miss chance (Evasive Discipline) has been corrected. This will result in a nerf in most cases, as it was more powerful than it should have been.
Rogean: (PvP) Group Experience Bonus implemented.
Rogean: (PvP) Linked-Area OOC Chat implemented.
Rogean: (PvP) PvP Range set to 4 levels globally.
Rogean: (PvP) Solusek B and Permafrost are no longer FFA Zones, and now follow the PvP level range.
Rogean/Haynar: Numerous changes to server side performance.
Haynar: Lots of pathing tweaks. Also:
Fixed pathing for Old Sebilis. No really. Let the AE groups begin.
Pathing fixes for Sebilis and City of Mist.
Rebuilt maps for sebilis and trakanon.
Pets will now use pathing to return to their guard location.
Engaged mobs will now stop pathing while casting spells.
Removed the mob rotating at regular waypoints that have zero pause, to make their movement smoother and less jerky.
Better checks for hazards when running straight at target.
Haynar: Mob runspeed revamp to be more accurate to classic. Speeds will also vary with changing HP more like classic was.
Haynar: Client AC changes. This mainly affects the lower levels.
Haynar: A collapsed gate will now grey out the spell gem properly.
Haynar: Resolved some server->client sneak/hide synchronization.
Haynar: Pets will now take damage from damage shields.
Haynar: Charm and fear spell worn off messages should be more "classic" now, being generic in nature, rather than stating the whole spell name.
Haynar: Changed how detrimental buffs are sent to client, in a client vs. client situation. This gets rid of the spell target doing the casting animation.
Haynar: Clients feared, will now use an appropriate fear speed, based on whether they are set to walk or run. So turn off that run, when fighting fear dragons. You have been warned.
Haynar: Bolts v1.1 - As a prelude to more comprehensive collision system, line of sight checks will be performed at beginning and end of the bolt. No longer will casting another spell despawn the bolt. And it will be possible to have multiple bolts flying now. More changes coming. Maybe not super soon, but this makes them more useful for now.
Content
Nilbog: elf skeleton respawn timer decreased
Nilbog: Monk npcs that visually spar will cease animated sparring if aggroed
Nilbog: Enchanter class npcs will now actively attempt to charm players
Nilbog: Crow no longer sells an infinite amount of brew. He will replenish his stocks on death or server restarts
Nilbog: Crows Special Brew may be used in place of skins for the following recipes: Unfired Poison Vial, Unfired Lined Vial, Unfired Sealed Vial
Nilbog: Halcyon Broadsword is no longer incorrectly labeled Artifact.
Nilbog: Jeena Firechaser sells Rat Whiskers.
Nilbog: Venril Sathir always drops two Pulsing Green Stones.
Nilbog: Lesser Faydark - pixie jongleurs now spawn, wasps and fae drakes are itemized.

Nocsucow
04-27-2014, 05:50 AM
Awesome!!!! Thanks guys

Sirken
04-27-2014, 06:02 AM
pras

Corro
04-27-2014, 06:05 AM
Haynar: Resolved some server->client sneak/hide synchronization.

That is not meaning sneak/hide will work on anything but gods now is it? :D

Rupertox
04-27-2014, 06:06 AM
sebilis oh yeah lol

Aussie
04-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Thanks Devs!!

Laugher
04-27-2014, 06:12 AM
double prasburger

Silent
04-27-2014, 06:16 AM
wats dis

Brut
04-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Haynar: Changed how detrimental buffs are sent to client, in a client vs. client situation. This gets rid of the spell target doing the casting animation.

Awww no more ogre high-fives?

Jenni D
04-27-2014, 06:19 AM
Pras

Quineloe
04-27-2014, 06:21 AM
Does this mean no more skeletal monks randomly appearing in first (groud) floor unrest?

Smedy
04-27-2014, 06:28 AM
great update , thanks staff

no new patch files for this time?

Nocsucow
04-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Its a start... maybe red will rise

Tecmos Deception
04-27-2014, 08:01 AM
I don't know why anyone would want to play on RED. It's like the raid game on blue, full of inflated ego no life losers who only gain enjoyment from the game when they can piss into someone elses cereal.

It's understandable that you think this way, but you're just letting the vocal minority of resident trolly griefer losers on red poison your view of everyone else on the server. The majority of players on red are normal people, pretty friendly to chat with, pretty quick to help out new players with advice or gear or PL, etc.

You can take my word on it. I was one of the most vocal red haters for YEARS. But now I play on red and haven't logged on blue except to buff noobs or /beta in months. And now with grouping incentive, XP bonus, staff taking a harder stance on the losers on the server (yesterday staff suspended accounts ingame in connection with players being trolly griefer losers)? Good times await for anyone who can see past the negative image red has given itself in the past!

Awwalike
04-27-2014, 08:17 AM
P R A S
R
A
S

Daldaen
04-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Praise devs.

I see a few of my bug posts addressed:

VS Double Stones
Elf Skeleton respawn
Crows Brews to classic usability / limited nature.
Charm Break / Fear Break messages to classic.

What about these bug posts, did they make it into the patch?:

Ceremonial Belt (PoSky) dropping from KoS (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148389)
Goblin Gazughi Ring aggro potential (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144682)

Erati
04-27-2014, 08:47 AM
I dont see any files to download/update

was this patch entirely server /database side?

Frug
04-27-2014, 08:52 AM
> Haynar: Client AC changes. This mainly affects the lower levels.

Hrm. I hope it means "better".

MilanderTruewield
04-27-2014, 08:53 AM
I see the note for pathing in Sebilis, but was it fixed for Unrest? That monk has been kicking my ass for a while now. Also, some mobs that you pull from first floor will actually run upstairs on it's way to the main room (ghoul room), also on first floor.

fastboy21
04-27-2014, 08:55 AM
Red does sound like fun...

anyways, thanks again for the great work dev team! we lub you!@!!@!11!

gprater
04-27-2014, 09:00 AM
I will try it ......again(5th or 6th time). Since the global /ooc is much different. Sadly I do have issues dealing with that "vocal minority" that Tecmos describes. Maybe now it wont be so bad. Lets hope.

Crom
04-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Great Patch!!!!!! /hug

Laugher
04-27-2014, 09:17 AM
And Red gets its yellow status back? pras Big Rog/staff

Vega
04-27-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm noticing a slight lag on spell completion, even with a low ping. It could just be my connection this morning, but throwing it out there to see if others are too since update.

skorge
04-27-2014, 09:39 AM
logged into NK, zoned to SK to proceed to kite mobs (centaurs) and they were almost catching me with jboots on, lol...i couldnt even get them far enough back to cast any spells! who broketh the server? lol

skorge
04-27-2014, 09:57 AM
tested, narrowed my situation down to centuars in South Karana...they have sow run speed now?

Quineloe
04-27-2014, 10:03 AM
I see the note for pathing in Sebilis, but was it fixed for Unrest? That monk has been kicking my ass for a while now. Also, some mobs that you pull from first floor will actually run upstairs on it's way to the main room (ghoul room), also on first floor.

Not fixed according to the people already there. Unrest as broken as before patch :(

Tecmos Deception
04-27-2014, 10:16 AM
tested, narrowed my situation down to centuars in South Karana...they have sow run speed now?

At least one of the centaurs (named one IIRC) in there has always been exceptionally fast. Was it that?

srgraham69
04-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Haynar: Mob runspeed revamp to be more accurate to classic. Speeds will also vary with changing HP more like classic was.

This seems to cause an issue while quadding in TD, if mobs get lower health than others their speed change makes the group begin to break up. Don't remember this being an issue on live, but I could be wrong.

fastboy21
04-27-2014, 10:23 AM
charmed pets pathing seems wrong when i hit guard in kc atm...mob going back to spawn instead of staying where i hit guard.

Tecmos Deception
04-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Vocal minority? I see like 15 people post this toxic shit all over the forum. That's not a minority, that's almost half the red player base.

Also, no item loot = not classic :)

Jokes about red's population are all well and good, but regardless, 15 really is a minority. Besides, half of the people trolling on the red forums don't even play on the server anymore.

Red's community is, overall, pretty good. Like I said, I used to be the biggest red hater around, but now I've been playing on red for months. You just have to try it with an open mind and not let other people ruin what you want to do on there. Ignore the trolls, be ready for a little bit of "grief" and know how to let it roll off your back, don't let exaggerations from haters sway you, etc.

Quineloe
04-27-2014, 10:32 AM

This seems to cause an issue while quadding in TD, if mobs get lower health than others their speed change makes the group begin to break up. Don't remember this being an issue on live, but I could be wrong.

If that's the case, not classic. I quadded a lot on live back then, and mobs always ran the same base speed if they were after a player, regardless of health.

srgraham69
04-27-2014, 10:39 AM
If that's the case, not classic. I quadded a lot on live back then, and mobs always ran the same base speed if they were after a player, regardless of health.

gets especially difficult when u group mobs of different HP such as the regular raptor with viscous

winko
04-27-2014, 10:43 AM

Confirmed, I saw that quadding raptors, at low health the run-speed changed which broke apart the quad. This is definitely not classic as I experienced it. Same behavior happened in DL with drolvargs.

skorge
04-27-2014, 10:44 AM
At least one of the centaurs (named one IIRC) in there has always been exceptionally fast. Was it that?

no all centuars have sow/jboot run speed now....lol, yea bards saying in ooc they cant even kite here now, let alone wizards (maybe druids too?)

maximum
04-27-2014, 10:45 AM
* Haynar: Mob runspeed revamp to be more accurate to classic. Speeds will also vary with changing HP more like classic was.

manwe
04-27-2014, 10:50 AM
i can agree the new mob runspeed is much farther from classic than before this patch. take it from a kiting bard, we know our runspeeds down to the millimeter. these mobs are too fast. it seemed pretty dang close to classic before, but at the moment kiting is almost impossibru

kain200
04-27-2014, 12:01 PM
I thought I remembered the devs saying there would also be a 100% static bonus exp for every level 1- 60 on red before the group bonus... but I don't see any mention of that in the notes. Did that bonus not get added in?

Dirtynads
04-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Tried to Quad Spirocs in TD was a major fail...couple mobs resisted and all 4 broke up at diff speeds. I would agree that kiteing is almost impossible atm.

Supaskillz
04-27-2014, 12:43 PM
I thought I remembered the devs saying there would also be a 100% static bonus exp for every level 1- 60 on red before the group bonus... but I don't see any mention of that in the notes. Did that bonus not get added in?

There is a 50% bonus before group bonus. Exp bonus is insane, do you really need more?

Vandlaetari
04-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Pathing in Seb is great! Thanks Haynar!

ymw
04-27-2014, 04:43 PM
quadding feels bad man, feels bad

Somekid123
04-27-2014, 04:52 PM
To the guy complaining that there isn't a 100% static exp bonus 1-60. Its currently 50% which is -50% of the static after level 31 yes, but its an additional 40% "PER!" player in group which greatly oversees your static bonus. a 6 man group = 290%

ymw
04-27-2014, 05:08 PM
quadding feels bad man, feels bad

After a few kites, can say it feels worse than bad. Unless you're fortunate enough to get mobs of the same level/hp, it's actually quite difficult to finish a quad if its got 3 different levels included.

Appreciate the changes, lots of good stuff in there, but I don't think the run speed changes are working as intended.

exinex
04-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Quad snare seems messed up to me. I don't remember mobs changing speed when low on HP back in classic.

Rourk
04-27-2014, 06:59 PM
I thought the speed change on live was only if they were fleeing - which would fix most quadding issues

ymw
04-27-2014, 07:04 PM
I thought the speed change on live was only if they were fleeing - which would fix most quadding issues

Thought this was the case as well.

Haynar
04-27-2014, 07:09 PM
I am gonna change it to this. Not liking how the changing is working out while persuing. Definitely does not feel right.

H

ymw
04-27-2014, 07:14 PM
All hail Haynar! While the last few hours making this work in TD have been spicy and full of flavor, I'm looking forward to bland old quadding.

freez
04-27-2014, 09:52 PM

The way i remember from live, is if you had say 4 arctic wyverns snared being kited, and one falls low enough to trigger the RS change, it should be at the value where it stops completely.

Supaskillz
04-27-2014, 10:13 PM
Any specifics on what changed with hide/sneak?

Vega
04-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Any specifics on what changed with hide/sneak?

Guessing Haynar's responses at the end in here:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127183&page=3

Telin
04-27-2014, 11:41 PM
The way i remember from live, is if you had say 4 arctic wyverns snared being kited, and one falls low enough to trigger the RS change, it should be at the value where it stops completely.

This sounds correct. I used to quad a lot of spirocs, hill giants, spectres, snow cougars, and wyverns and never remember having to deal with slowing mobs when they were low. That would cost a lot of extra mana to finish them off. These Spirocs are all still lined up despite being low on health:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/252108328/kite.jpg

ymw
04-27-2014, 11:44 PM
It's not that they're fleeing, it's that they're changing speeds to a few different rates as they get low. If you have a quad of varying levels and one nuke drops them to 30, 25, 20, and 15, they keep chasing you, but at 3-4 different speeds. Quad broken.

jonesy215
04-28-2014, 01:21 AM

>>>>

I have noticed this as well. Being a wizard I have been quadding raptors and seafurries and the change in run speed causes the group to break up making the mobs no longer close enough together to finish off with the last AOE. By the time you get to that point in a quad you don't usually have the mana to finish them off with individual nukes. Seeing how wizards have a terrible time getting groups and now quadding is near impossible this leaves wizards at a HUGE disadvantage. What is the point of all the quadding spells if you can no longer quad?

spee2k9
04-28-2014, 04:30 AM
I am gonna change it to this. Not liking how the changing is working out while persuing. Definitely does not feel right.

H

Thank you Haynar! Please Please make it soon! Kiteing was never this hard on live!

Peace! :)

Erati
04-28-2014, 09:16 AM
'Mask of the Hunter' lvl 60 druid spell could use a quick hotfix ...

not sure why it is dropping after each zone.

Daldaen
04-28-2014, 09:22 AM

This also... While you're fixing that spell I've had a longstanding bug report regarding the Magnification part of the spell dropping on zoning:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138504

MilanderTruewield
04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Every time I log in or zone, I now get a "You have joined Knights Who Say Ni" message. I already knew this, don't need a reminder :P

Haynar
04-28-2014, 02:31 PM

Tis a good question.

Rogean
04-28-2014, 03:00 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148713

Nirgon
04-28-2014, 05:02 PM
This sounds correct. I used to quad a lot of spirocs, hill giants, spectres, snow cougars, and wyverns and never remember having to deal with slowing mobs when they were low. That would cost a lot of extra mana to finish them off. These Spirocs are all still lined up despite being low on health:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/252108328/kite.jpg

I had to pick them off when they got SUPER low health sometimes. For sure.

But I'm talking LOWWW hp.

H

The pras bucket runneth over.

Robben
04-28-2014, 08:53 PM
P99 staff doing God's work

Donating again in the monring

Haynar
04-28-2014, 11:57 PM
This also... While you're fixing that spell I've had a longstanding bug report regarding the Magnification part of the spell dropping on zoning:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138504
I worked on the dropping. Didnt look at magnification. So that part still wont persist through zoning. Fixed the shrink it does after you zone and click off buff.

Might be able to fix magnification tomorrow.

H

Tiax
05-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Just want to say a big thank you and well done to all the server staff involved with these changes. Red99 is really fun now. Low level grps everywhere. A lot of high levels are really helpful and welcoming.

To anyone on blue thinking of giving it a shot, then definitely do so.

Zoesha
05-13-2014, 02:34 AM
is there a link for this patch somewhere? tried downloading something and I messed up my eq folder now I need this patch back to fix the issue.